What headphones does /mu use. Gauging how pleb this board is

What headphones does /mu use. Gauging how pleb this board is.

I only listen to music being played live

AKG K612s. they gud

Currently using beats, tempted to switch over.

penis

Lel two people in someone already mentions they use beats. This board is a joke.

DT-880 600ohm version

senn HD660. theyre the best ive ever had. currently using it with the Dragonfly Red until I finish making my desktop PC.

>prioritizing the way in which one listens to music over the music itself
user...

Sennheisers are a bit more respectable although the hd600s are for poor people. I don’t like senns because they’re too analytical for my tastes. I have like two pairs of them anyway.

I use these. They're pretty good I guess

Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Why not have the equipment to hear the music in the best way possible or better yet why not both. Either /mu is poor or pleb probably both

>they’re too analytical for my tastes
If you want to hear a distorted version of what the mastering engineers produced why not just use a multiband EQ and fuck it up to your liking rather than relying on the shitty response of your overpriced memephones to do it for you?

i have the 660 tho, it cost me like 600 canadian :( i wasnt as much a fan of the 600, they were almost boring.

If you use headphones and not a speaker system you are wrong

I said I was considering switching the beats were a gift god damn calm yourself.

You can suck my cock you elitist prick

These Hifiman he-400 tonight

There we go someone with high tier headphones. Welcome to the club.

AKG K7XX and TH-X00

Another pleb opinion

Bought a pair of Sennheiser HD600's today, along with a microphone and audio interface. Pretty happy with my purchase.

can't shortchange yourself on a good set of cans.

Congrats, in my experience they really come to life with an OTL headphone amp

I got those back in 2011 they’re pretty gud they don’t need much to amplify them. Contrary to the fuckhead investing in more expensive headphones does yield better results although it becomes diminishing returns once someone goes past the $1500 marker.

I mean side by side the sennheisers next to the audeze sound like a joke and so tinny in retrospect. The soundstage imo is the best part of sennheisers and not the boring analytical signature.

I have 2 sets
Sony MDR 7506
Harman/Kardon CL
I've tried out sennheisers but never was a big fan. From what I hear their cheaper headphones are aight for the price tho

>headphones
Pleb.
I use ear speakers.

What are you listening with?

Audeze lcd-2

My nigger
What you got?

Very nice, I’ve got a pair too. What are driving them with?

>AKG K612
are they good for monitoring?

Same. Cheap and they get the job done.

I'm actually just memeing but this guy looks like he knows what's up.

It’s intriguing to find another audeze owner I’m driving them with a mojo amp and it sounds like gold being poured through the headphones. I was driving them with an old amp and the mojo makes the soundstage incredibly spacious.

What do you all think about niggers.

they're refrence and open back. So yeah I think so. just dont get anything like massdrop editions for monitoring.

Rec me a pair of headphones that are a step up from what I've been using for about three years now.

Very impressive sound I imagine. I’m running a Woo audio Wa22 with mine.

Objectively it becomes either an audeze lcd-2 or sennheiser hd 800 depending on what ones. Just join the audeze club and never look back.

L300LE ;)

Then the next tier is like lcd-3 some Hifiman headphones etc. focal utopias and lcd-4s are top tier

some 30 dollar chinese headphones

Are ath m50 a meme or are they worth getting? How portable are they?

What do you listen to my man. I find vocal centric music sounds the best on them.

got these back in November

Pretty much anything I’m the mood for. I’ve got a stable of NOS tubes that I can roll for particular albums or different headphones.

MDR-1000x

I was listening to spacemen 3 on them that sounded nice then I went through the whole catalog of the books records. Mids sound superb on them but I don’t listen to that much music I’m on /mu wondering why there’s so much shitty hip hop and Taylor Swift and it’s like I don’t think this forum has good taste at all.

These Hifiman he500 are a nice compliment to their he400 little brothers.

you are cheating yourself for overpaying for subpar sound quality friend :(

would def recommend a switch

Philips SHP9500

AKG K142 HD here

Proper monitoring is done with a decent audio interface and a pair of monitor speakers tho.

In that case i'll be soon getting my hands on a pair of Focal Shape 65

Winding down tonight with Stax

Beyerdynamic DT-770 with aftermarket lambskin earcups. I also have a few different amps

k7xx are amazing
can wear them all day

>although the hd600s are for poor people
Kill yourself you classist fuck.

Good job, I love my pair.
>The soundstage imo is the best part of sennheisers and not the boring analytical signature.
Is it just me or do the 598 have much better soundstage than the 600?

thems mighty expensive books

Really? I paid under retail.

Shit..Amazon has Tick for $700. I should try to sell them eh

I have the 598s and I’d disagree from my rememberance the 600s did have a larger soundstage and felt less analytical the 600s are the least analytical of any sennheiser especially the 650s which supposedly sound very lush. I honestly think audio technical m50x sounds better then the sennheiser 598 lel.

audio technica ath-m40x
what should I upgrade to?

KEF M500

Those are good headphones just don’t be a faggot get audeze unless you’re too poor then in that case I laugh at your misfortune.

can't afford cans, so my godly budget ZS5s are amazing for 20 dollars. Sad KZ fucked purposely fucked up them up in later productions and threw a metal body and a heftier price tag.

AAAAAUUYGUUHHHHHH IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCKING IDIOT
WHYYYYY
WHJAT THE FUCKKK
IDIOTS!! IDIOTS!!!
STOOOOPIDDD
IDIOT!!!!!
AUUUYYGHHHH
SONICS ARMS AREN'T BLUE
STUPID IDIOT!!
SHUT UP!!!
AAAUIUGUGHHHH IDIOT!!
WEEABOO IDIOT

Another pleb move what’s the point of in ear buds unless you’re like long boarding or some shit. Even then they sound like shit because they don’t have an amp might as well just be listening to it on fucking apple ear buds kek.

Take your meds Tyrone

Fucking spaz kys

It feels good to be rich: the thread

>overpaying
It was a gift.

Never heard my HD650 sound so incredible than when driven by my Bottlehead Vrck with Speedball mod and choice NoS tunes.

anime?

Good molded IEM?

Still using ATH-M50s from 2011 or so. Looking for an upgrade suggestion at a similar price point

literally just akg y50s
i honestly think they sound ok, and the boosted bass is nice for bopping around town

Just curious how old you were?

I find these good for production, very comfy

Sennheiser Momentum ON EARS for that XTRA PHAT BASS

i have these, theyre brand new, work great. i hear some people dont like them but they dont know how to listen

What are the best headphones for watching films?

Loudspeakers

There are subtle sounds in some films you can't even really pick up on Loudspeakers
Watching Eraserhead or Mulholland Drive on headphones is so much better

Earbuds while watching on your phone, David.

Lynch has no issues with people watching films on headphones
and he no longer has a big issue with people watching on mobile device. Back when he commented on it, screens were small as shit. Now you got huge tablets.

Same

You need to listen to better quality setup user.

Everything on loudspeakers ends up sounding like a wall of sound at some point. With headphones, you can pick up on subtle sounds. Why do you think studio monitors exists? They're not for mixing, they're so you listen for mistakes you wouldn't be able to hear out loud

Not true at all. You should look into room acoustics, The Master Handbook of Acoustics is a great reference...think it’s by f. Alton something,