Why does there have to be only One God?

The usual argument for god goes like this

> Everything which exists has a cause
> The universe exists, therefore it has a cause
> Therefore there must be a god.

Assuming for a moment that this pedantic argument is true, why does does there only have to be one god? How about two? Or ten? Why does there have to be only one?

because it is shirk
la ila il allah - there is no god but god

Popularity contest and because power is never truly divided equally

The greek Pantheon had Zeus at the helm, the Hindu one had Brahman, though Vishnu and Shiva were supposedly just as important

Eventually, all power has to coalesce into one ruling form

Then it becomes a question of who created the gods. There has to be a singular god who started it all
t. Atheist-agnostic

>There has to be a singular god who started it all

Simply begs the question

Why would a singular God be immune but a team of Gods are not?

What part is difficult to understand?

It's a consequence of applying cause and effect. If you keep going back further and further you'll reach a single point in space-time from which everything started.

I'd think cause and effect as we know it would break down well before that point so I don't think applying cause and effect is correct.

Why can't it be one God who manifests differently to different cultures?

>What part is difficult to understand?

The part about 1 = 2 or 1 = 3 for starters

Still begging the question.

If one god can be uncaused then so can another. So can the universe for that matter.

the universe isnt anything

how many rocks existed forever in space?

none because your own science says that it had a beginning at the big bang

get fked sir

religions are an extension of tribalism my friend.

back in the day of polytheism, people didn't worship all of the gods; worshipping a god back then was equivalent to following a unique religion today. They would worship one or two particular gods that had an impact or meaning in their lives and it would define how they lived their lives. The biggest major difference was that they believed (most) of the other gods existed, they just didn't do anything for them.

the most successful gods of the pantheons were individualistic tribal-specific gods like yahweh, who was the tribal god of the semites. Yehweh went from "our god", to "the best god", to "the only true god", to "the only god (period)" and systematically got rid of the rest of the gods in whatever regions they occupied.

take a look at india for a good idea of what classical roman/egyptian polytheistic religion was probably like.

I'm not questioning the belief. I'm questioning the syllogism.

Because that's not what the Bible says, you Tower of Babel-building bimbo.

Desert trilogy claims so, if you dont accept they will kill you.

>he universe isnt anything

OK. Enjoy your Solipsism.

and all that concoction you just made up is your theory and invention in your mind to try to wrap your head around something

you could just as easily state that god of the bible really is the only true god and the other pagans are idolaters cuz they dont like real god

no i mean like empty space isnt SOMETHING if you say that the universe always existed

ok how many rocks in space (planets) have eternally existed

thats your source of being thats your religion you believe you came from a rock

I know a trinity is difficult for you to understand. Do you know any basic programming? It's like having three objects in an array. This isn't hard.

var array = [{
God: {},
Jesus_Christ: {},
Holy_Spirit: [{}, {}, {}, etc]
}];

>It's like having three objects in an array

Actually, it's not because no one claims that each of the objects _is_ the array.

Vishnu and Shiva are as important as Brahma, but none of the three are the top of the pantheon, they only represent the life cycle of the universe.

the real top daddy is Brahman, which isn't even a god but an omnipotent, ever-present, sentient reality or something crazy like that, everything in the universe originates from it, is eternally a part of it, and returns to it upon death wherein they again are born into another being whether it be a fly, human, or even Vishnu.

Sadly, nowadays we think that God is some kind of old guy in the sky shitting orders. Actually, in the Traditional world God is the Absolute anteriority (not in the temporal sence), the fountain from which the water blossoms, so he IS.

Shitty nowadays pagans personalize the ancient gods and by doing that they absolutely kill the truth of ancient mitologies. They hate christianity (funny, the founders of AsatrĂº were Jews, curious huh?) and they want to be completely apart of the monotheistic theology by ignoring it. So they willingly fail to recognise that the ancient Pagans viewed the World as an Order of hierarchical principles. So there were orders of gods (much as the orders of Angels) and the Hierarchy ended in the supreme principle, the supreme God. By the way, ancient romans recognized that and named their supreme god "Jupiter" which means Zeus Piter (Father Zeus).

Let's call it an object with two objects and an array of objects (Holy Spirit).

Let's call it a contradiction in terms

Don't all objects need to be of the same class to be in an array? Or at the very least have a shared parent class?

Fuck, I've got to brush up on my OOP.

Not in JavaScript. JS is much more flexible. Javascript isn't "true OOP", but serves the similar purposes.

Why not?

because Kek is the one and only

are you saying jesus fucked his own mother?

That quote has numbers and a colon, so it must be legit.

There can be only one

I personally subscribe to the group of insanely hot goddesses, because fuck it I want tits in heaven.

God is "to be" or the world of being, God, in this sense, which is the traditional metaphysical view, must be monotheistic. Multiple gods correspond to natural occurrences (lightning, tsunami), not a metaphysical view.

>There can be only one

Why?