Anything superior to this?

Is there anything superior to this version? And don't shill blurays, the shit Lucas tacked on ruins the movies.

I know there's a silver screen version of Star Wars but the audio is bad.

Are despec shills the same as nostalgia fags on Sup Forums?

How can you shill something that is free? I'm just wondering because I like the theatrical editions but the VHS's are of low quality. Please don't troll my thread.

you made this exact thread with the exact same filename last night. You're a despec shill and a traitor.

Where do I get this. I want to know what the film looked like years ago without Lucas being a faggot.

Listen fuckers.

If you've got a bluray burner you need to start selling copies of this set on the web. Preferably on ebay and / or etsy

And if you don't do it soon I'm going to do it.

Fags.

No I didn't. I literally got this from Google.

Torrents.

The number of improvements made in the special editions vastly outweigh the crappy ones.

Objectively wrong.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE FAGGOTS PUSHING THIS SHIT

THEY FIX SOME SHIT LUCAS DID THEN FILTER THE FUCK OUT OF THE FILM FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN "Dis look more better more orange here cause desert planet".

They're neckbearded retards with too much time on their hands.

The only improvements made were of picture quality.

>20gb filesize

Oldfag here. You literally gain nothing from the theatrical versions over special editions.

If you really hate any of the additional scenes or effects, tune them out you autist. It's not like they cut anything, except a few fucking minor edits (Han shot first etc).

Preferring one over the other is autism. By the way, I have the whole OT on VHS that i've converted to digital. Never gonna share it. Staymad.

Name more than one deleted scene or significant re-edit in the special editions.

Additional scenes or updated special effects do not count. I want only omissions or vastly changed scenes.

First time I posted this thread.

And?

That's your opinion. My opinion is all the shit he added ruins the movie. I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

Honestly, I would prefer a hybrid version that keeps many of the updated mattes etc of the Special edition (minus the CG replacing the Battle of Yavin models). The fact is that the majority of the changes Lucas made were for the better but went unnoticed, but a small amount of noticeable changes kinda ruin the whole movie

I've watched the OT countless times on the blu-ray and not once have I ever felt it was ruined. Sorry about your autism.

I don't see how that's relevant. I said the only improvements were of picture quality which is true (in my opinion).

Most of add-ons that weren't picture related made the movie worse. There's a few I'm neutral on.

lol is this that shit fan edit where they take the magenta vader saber in empire and somehow fuck it up and make it pink even though the source was deep red?

I think it is. No thanks. Keep your shitty fan film.

>you're autistic because you don't like shitty parts of a movie
Do you know what board you're on?

This is how I feel. Which is why I made this thread. I guess I should've used a different picture since so many people here seem to hate Harmy's version.

I liked a lot of the picture quality things and the yub nub replacement. But I can't stand shit like Greedo shooting first, Jabba CGI in Star Wars, "Noooooo!" and so much else. The updated mattes were nice and the emperor replacement was decent.

I never said if you (in your opinion) thought the add-ons made the movie worse. I asked you what was DELETED in the special editions.

Like I agree that there was maybe a few additions I didn't care for, or that added nothing. But RUIN the fucking movie? You're autistic.

The Jabba scene doesn't add much, and kinda seems fucking stupid by modern standards though.

What are you talking about?

I don't recall the SE's deleting anything significant. It's the additions that I don't like.

>Han shot first meme

It is a stupid change, I'll admit. It doesn't explain why a supposedly expert bounty hunter would miss at point blank, and Han shooting first adds to his roguish character. I liked it when Han shot first, too.

But again, ruin the movie? Like stupid fucking filters and (literally) hacky re-edits don't?

What is the latest version of the Harmy discs and has he finished the trilogy?

>Like stupid fucking filters and (literally) hacky re-edits don't?
I don't know what you're talking about here. The only complaints is some scenes the darks are bad but it is very watchable. It isn't as crisp as the blurays, although some times it looks better, but it is definitely more watchable than the original VHS's.

Why is so "autistic" to want to see a good looking version of a film sans the stupid edits?

Lol the 2011 looks the slickest wtf are you on about anyway?

De specialized fucking just changed the color palette ever so slightly? So what?

Gareth Edwards was recently speaking about a 4K restoration that Lucasfilm recently completed so probably that.

that looks fucking awful. They just bloomed the sabers for no reason and lost the true colors of both in the process.

2.7 and includes the entire OT. He doesn't have any shots of 2.7 for some reason even though it fixes a lot of the coloring issues 2.5 has.

???

The 2011 makes the lightsabers look slim and retarded. It's not a big deal though. I was just responding to someone who said they made the lightsaber pink.

This.

How did they fuck this up?

I think this is one of my favorite examples of the despec being garbage.

Literally who gives a fuck, only faggotass nerd white boys would sperg out over this shit

>that looks fucking awful. They just bloomed the sabers for no reason and lost the true colors of both in the process.
Who did? The bluray? The saber is suppose to be blue and red not magenta and green.

>bragging about having effective 240p VHSrips
>when everyone and their mother has the 1080p 35mm print scan with lossless 5.1 audio

public tracker fag detected

haha yeah dude I agree
*chugs monster energy drink*
*pops collar back up*

I'm noticing MySpleen only has the 2.7 disc version of SW.

Is there anywhere else I can get the disc versions of ESB and ROTJ?

>The 2011 makes the lightsabers look slim and retarded
This is why the fan edit is awful. They inject their own opinions on what is good and not.

What is the definitive Despecialized version? I've heard some of the newer versions have gotten worse and worse.

The 2.0 looks the same as the bluray. They shoud've kept the 1.0 look. I'm going to see if that's fixed in 2.7

This isn't even suppose to be a despec vs. bluray thread.

I unironically drink monster after work

>first attempt by the autism squad makes the saber orange
>second attempt makes it pink

I have a private tracker so I don't really know. You can't find it on TPB?

They make it as close to the theatrical as possible. They don't use their own opinions. The lightsabers didn't look like they did in the bluray. They were changed.

1.0 > 2.5 definitely. He did really bad on 2.5. 2.7 is better but I can't find a 1.0

muh true blacks

>mentions autism twice in one post
>is actually autistic

>and we made it orange because fuck the original film

You know this level of nitpicking is far more autistic than not liking the shit lucas added?

it's just funny m8. They tote this like the fan edit to save the films and over and over again they prove they are awful at it.

Could you do any better?

Where's the original?

Was this done to restore a "work of art" or to restore "muh childhood"?

>we want to make the edit as close to the original as possible
>so dark vader practically disappears into the background

Special editions are worth it alone for getting rid of yub nub. Also the improved death Star battle is miles better than the original. The effect of the OT are all great except the Battle of yavin because they had to do a year's worth of work in six months, and it definitely shows.

I drink it ironically.

>a page right out of "Can't leave well enough alone"

Blu-rays win. Get over it.

It's to try and make it look the theatrical version since Lucas made a bunch of changes in the SE. Do you have a film you like a lot? Imagine it being changed in several iconic scenes for the worse.

>Blu-rays win.
No. The changes the blu rays added disqualify it from ever winning anything. Cherry picking a few scenes that look slightly off doesn't change that.

How can you be so autistic over minor coloring but not care about CGI Jabba?

What is the purpose of this?

I'm asking if there's a better version not point out the flaws one version has compared to the blurays.

I see, so a little bit of both.

>How can you be so autistic over minor coloring

>minor coloring
M8 the footage is literally being destroyed

>but not care about CGI Jabba?
Because I don't get my jimmies rustled over dated effects

>footage literally being destroyed
But it's okay when Lucas does it? The blurays additions look way worse than the fucked up blacks you keep posting.

>Greedo shooting first
>Han steps on Jabba's tail
>Force Ghost Anakin

Get rid of these three things and I'm fine with all the other changes in the blurays. Most of them are for the better.

The best version is the bluray. What do you want from me?

Why does the Millenium Falcon look different?

>But it's okay when Lucas does it?
Lucas didn't destroy footage. He's done color changes and added stuff but none of that removes detail from shots

>The blurays additions look way worse than the fucked up blacks you keep posting.
No they don't

To read my OP. I specifically don't want the bluray because of the stupid shit he changed.You guys keep shilling blurays by pointing out the quality is better. No shit, it's an official bluray, of course it looks better.

Not what I'm looking for.

>It's okay when Lucas does it
>So it's okay when a group of virgin neckbeards do it

Doesn't work like that champ. The despecialization is pretty fucking bad.

Holy shit, I haven't seen that cover art in years. When I was like 10 my family got me a box set with that exact cover art on it of the OT on VHS.

>No they don't
Yes they do.

But the bluray is the best option. You can watch other versions if you want a nostalgia trip down memory lane in terms of video quality but you can't find a better version.

>Doesn't work like that champ. The despecialization is pretty fucking bad.
Over-exaggeration. All I see are a few cherry pick examples of blacks. It is very watchable. And I don't think they intentional are "ruining" anything. Just working with what they got.

>But the bluray is the best option
No.

Honest question here.

I'm well aware why Lucas never put out any blu rays off the theatrical cuts, but now that disney has the rights and a whole mountain of spare money...

What is stopping them from remastering and releasing blu rays of the theatrical cuts, surely its an instant money maker?

Is there some reason or other issue that it hasn't been done?

Where can I watch the most accurate representation of the original trilogy for fuck's sake?

What rustles people about this scene? Lucas always wanted it in but couldn't make a puppet to do the movement he wanted. It's older cgi, sure, but what exactly causes the nerd anurisms about this? He always wanted it there but was limited by the tech of the time.

It looks fine to me.

Fox still holds the rights to releasing the original films. It's up to them.

>Where can I watch the most accurate representation of the original trilogy for fuck's sake?

Buy a laser disc player.

Not even joking.

The original film, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, is theirs forever, and they’ll own the final five films, Episodes I-III, V and VI, through May 2020.

Blu-ray is the most accurate considering it was made by Lucas. Problem?

That's not from the Blu Ray.

The theatrical cuts don't physically exist anymore. Irreparable damage was done to the negatives when making the initial versions of the SEs. Any Disney 'remaster' would be akin to what Harmy is doing.
At the moment, Harmy's is probably the best option. Not ideal, but as good as you're getting.

>What is stopping them from remastering and releasing blu rays of the theatrical cuts, surely its an instant money maker?
That's the question isn't it? Lucas said the original negatives don't exist and that he altered them in 1997. But I think that's a lie. There's a rumor Disney is going to release a 4k version for the 40th ann. of Star Wars.

Technically, the VHS's. Aside from that, either the 2006 "GOUT" or Harmy's depending on preference. The GOUT is non-anamorphic though.

>Despec shills get off on showing stills to prove how much better their version is over the official blu-ray
>NUH UH IT DOESN'T WORK THE OTHER WAY YOU'RE CHERRY PICKING GO AWAY REEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop. It's sad now.

Aside from looking very bad. The scene sucks period. It adds nothing to the story and is boring.

That doesn't look much better.

The true autists are the guys who can't deal with someone not liking the edited version

It's an immersive breaking edit. It's obvious and poorly done.

I am not a shill. I am not advocating despec. I'm actually asking if there's a better version because I find it has faults in it. The faults it has are not as bad as the blurays in my opinion however. That's why I still prefer it over the blurays. That's my opinion and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop calling me a shill because of it.

>The true autists are the guys who can't deal with someone not liking the edited version
This.

The blurays are the best version.

In your opinion. Not mine. Why can't you get over this?

People keep telling you the best version and you keep asking for a version that doesn't exist.

>tfw still have my SW tapes and VHS player

>hurr durr the blurays are best just deal with it
If nothing better than Harmy's exist than Harmy's is the best. Deal with it.

>It's obvious
No it's not.

Fuck Jedi rocks and fuck George Lucas

how can you defend this holy shit look at how his head moves

The bluray version is better than Harmy's. Deal with it.

Yes. it was made by Lucas, thus has all the edits that disrupt his otherwise good filmaking.

I do voice over in commercials and cartoons, money is covered. I just feel worried over how well it will look if I did do that.

Is Harmy's a re-edit as well? Like, is it recut SE footage made to resemble the OT?

I own the GOUT on the special features, but I ain't watching that. I suppose I can find the VHS, but the quality of the video would probably be disappointing I assume.

>Greedo's laser bounces off the pipe
Holy fuck that's terrible. Lucas end your life.

>how can you defend this holy shit look at how his head moves
You can move your head to the side, that's completely possible.