Late to the party but

Late to the party but..
This was pure shit, wasn't it?

samara, user
samara

dropped this after that episode with the suffragettes. It became way too tumblr for me

>two of the main characters, married IRL, split up
>writers have to hastily and clumsily kill one off to pre-empt any future tension on set
Great writing there

They didn't expect a couple with 2 kids, who had lived with each other for many years, who got married, literally the only change is a ring on finger and a governmental change of status, to break up after a year.

She was killed off because she said it was 'awkward' to be filming with Freeman. I don't think they ever planned to kill her off, just for her to go away, but she insisted.

BE SENSIBLE!

Wait, did they actually kill off Mary? Maybe there is still hope for the show.

Less awkward than the writers of Dexter, who decided to write in a vaguely incestuous romance only after the actors playing the brother and sister have divorced.

>took a bullet to the stomach
>a doctor and a genius are there but did nothing to save her

At least they were pro enough to keep going with the show instead of demanding to be written out of it.

Yeah. Somebody from her Operator Days comes back, tries to kill her, fails, dies, then it turns out the secretary of MI6 or whatever who was an old lady was the bad guy. Sherlock confronts her with Mary and Mary jumps in front of the bullet to save Sherlock.

Watson goes mental (complete with terrible crying shit, seriously) and basically shits on Sherlock for breaking his promise. It ends with Watson going out with another woman (who he was seeing before Mary died). So now he's angry at Sherlock and is only working with him because he knows that the secretary being a bad guy is all because of Moriarty having a dead-hand plan in place.

That's what got me as well. You probably couldn't have wished for two better people to be around if you had been shot, even Sherlock has a vastly better understanding of medicine and the human body than most people. But it's like they just looked at her and went "fuck it" while leaving her to bleed out.

That's what I don't get. I mean, MI6 knew the woman was armed with a gun, why aren't there medical teams around the corner? Why does this ALWAYS happen? Watson is a doctor and while he couldn't do anything without equipment, there should have been people right round the corner when the woman was disarmed.

Fucking terrible. It'd have been better had Mary had her brains shot out and splattered over Sherlock and Watson.

Also this is the first episode I've watched of Sherlock. I should really watch the others.

>the only change is a ring on finger and a governmental change of status
She also now gets a lot of Freeman's Bilbo Baggins money instead of jackshit.

anyone else hate british people? they have this smugness, especially about america and its imperialism, like they didn't try to colonise the entire world

Were they married? I thought they were just together for nearly two decades. Don't suppose it matters when someone's together for that long.

Doesn't work like that. She only gets 50% of his money that he earned in the year they were married, same with him. If you're a billionaire and then you get married, you can't divorce in 6 months and she gets half a billion.

Everything you earned before you're a joined union is ignored. Though she would have gotten 50% of everything earned while they were living together. It's all irrelevant, they have dependable, so both sides have to look after the child. They're both actors.

They got married in 2015 and it obviously fucked everything up.

>She only gets 50% of his money that he earned in the year they were married

Isn't Amber Heard asking for half of what Johnny Depp is worth despite only being married for a year as well?

Might be different in the USA. Over here you can't marry somebody rich, divorce in a year and get half of everything they got. It doesn't work like that. People get married to rich people to be put in their wills and have a sugardaddy.

You can ask, but you won't get. Judges in the UK will say that's not fair, despite what Sup Forums and Sup Forums says, it doesn't go all to the woman. I have a friend who was divorcing her husband, during the process her mother died, left her £300k. Half of that went to him. Automatically, as it was 50% of her estate.

What did the post credit message mean?
Was Mary Moroarty all along?

>She was killed off because she said it was 'awkward' to be filming with Freeman

Shouldn't have hired her in the first place tb͏h

Oh, seems more fair.

Well, Freeman became kind of big for a while after getting the Bilbo Baggins role so he might have demanded giving a big role to his gf in order to return for more seasons.

The first two episodes are basically going to be filler until the Moriarty storyline as thats basically all that Moffat seems to care about.

Yes.
I started growing wary of the show after that episode. I wonder if this whole show is trash and I'm just now starting to notice.
Top kek, I thought for sure they were gonna meme her back to life cuz "muh intellectual unexpected plot twists"

That's another thing I don't get. There is absolutely nothing that's been shown in Watson's character that suggests he'd be even remotely capable of having an affair, hope this chick isn't getting shoehorned in as some hasty replacement for Mary

Season 3 is where Sherlock fell off unfortunately, which is when it started become self referential, the first episode of Season 4 just seemed like a parody of itself.

Sherlock said he had récurrent dreams and we saw some scenes twice
So either he's dreaming about John cheating and Mary dying and that's kind of stupid and a fucking trash trope
Or Mary really died without anyone trying anything to save her and that sounds even more retarded

A reminder that "Culverton Smith" is actually Moriarty and it couldn't be more obvious that this cheap twist will come to light, the gay wacky Moriarty is actually just an associate. The last episode of the season is called "The Final Problem" set in Europe where they escape to and no doubt will lead to Reichenbach Falls which is where Moriarty and Sherlock plunge to their deaths in the book (Conan intended for the story to end there but brought Sherlock back to life after 8 years due to public demand) but unlike in the books where Sherlock survives, he will die.

They say that the future of the "Sherlock" series looks grim because Cumberbatch is attached to many projects in Hollywood and simply won't have the time to do anymore.

They will have the series end with Sherlock and the real Moriarty's death.

>Maybe there is still hope for the show.
I wouldn't be so sure as they already have another likely annoying woman lined up to replace Mary.

Hah so thats why he was in the hobbit and so pissed when they were doing the behind the scene pulling the middle finger.

S1. Good
S2. Really good
S3. Comfy
S4. Unwatchable

You mean unwatchable so far. there are still two more episodes left.

i couldnt even get through the first 30 mins it was even worse than the doctor who special

fucking moffat should kill himself

Mary should never have been in the show in the first place, she ruined it. I hate diversity in TV/Film and it's mostly because writers cannot write females or "minorities" without making them SJW infected Mary Sue borefests.

The series was ruined in S3E3 when Sherlock blew Magnussen's brains out. It was so cheap. It's as if one player was losing the chess game and instead of finding a smart move he'd smash his opponent's head with the chess board.

series 2 of the John's wife show

they have such good source material to work with and instead of doing a proper episode based on the material they do 20 minutes of it and make it all about John's wife
an hour and a half of incoherent bollocks
my favourite bit was "oh you're ammo, that voice on the phone" as if that had any fucking relevance to the story, made any sense to it, or was even note-worthy beyond giving validity to some random quote unrelated to the entire story "a receptionist hears everything", oh right so it's the first receptionist in the show, scooby doo style
fucking shambles
>Sherlock, John, and John's wife get a dog and do a clue searching montage
why even, it's like they're just trying to fill time

I hope there'll be a reasonable, interesting story with a beginning, middle, and end, and it centers mostly around Sherlock and Watson, maybe Lestrade

>Culverton Smith
Who?

It's impossible to look over a thread like this without picking up on how much you sad twats actually prefer material that gives you the opportunity to have a good whinge.

>Sherlock blew Magnussen's brains out
Except that he didn't, it was someone else according to S4E1

How fucking dense you must be, to not understand this stupid show? It was montage, so they could clear Sherlock reputation.

You seem mad, friendo

Same here, that shit was horrible. Magnussen seemed like a pretty great character, and I was looking forward to him fucking with Sherlock more, from time to time, then they just killed him off. Now we're stuck with Sherlock vs. Moriarty again and again.

it's basically a soap opera now, won't be watching any more episodes

They used clever editing to make it look like an armed policeman was too trigger happy and so Sherlock wouldn't get a murder conviction. He did shoot him, just the world will never know.

i just want some Bilbo & Smaug action again.
PJ for next episode?

it was shockingly bad

don't forget Mycroft, Mr. government himself