Why didn't they see Ron sleeping next to some guy named Peter Petigrew on the Marauder's Map for 3 straight years?

Why didn't they see Ron sleeping next to some guy named Peter Petigrew on the Marauder's Map for 3 straight years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_eZeYq2r3tM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rowling does it again.

why didnt anybody shoot voldemort with a gun

why didn't they see Ginny going into the chamber of secrets?

Probably thought he was gay.

Ron sleeping with another man only confirmed their initial thoughts that he was gay.

They were afraid to talk to their brother about his ongoing molestation

Why are you consuming infantilized media and putting your twists to it?

because they were too busy using the map for their own profit

>defeat the dark lord and save the world on two different occasions
>this is the best pussy he can get

they thought peter petigrew was the real name of the rat.

Why didn't Harry just Accio Snitch?
Why didn't Harry just Accio Voldermort's Horcrux?

Magic.

Why would they bother looking at their brother's bedroom when they are off exploring the castle and finding places to double team girls?

Because they were too busy coping with the fact that they were in one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Also Anya if you're here stop posting Sup Forums memes on your twitter.

Why didn't voldemort make a horcrux out of a grain of sand then drop it in the ocean?

at least she's a pureblood

youtu.be/_eZeYq2r3tM

Wrong board, /lit/tard.

>implying you wouldn't

why Harry Potter has no artistic merit like boyhood?
why they have to write up new contract each movie?
why didn't they work real dumbledoor mans death into the story instead of recasting him? is it because no artistic merit?
why does Ralph Fiennes make the same face for disgust for every role hes in? even with make up and no nose you can see the same dumb face. did he know that these are just commercials for the book(s)
how can J.K. Rowlings get away with being so tokenistic all the time but others cant?
why did the series(both movies and books) try to become mature but still feel and act so childish?
are the ploting holes part of the childish charm or is it because she is a flawed writeress ?
why is harry potter the chosen one if the fat boy with funny teeth is the one that killed voledmort?
why is ginger kid the poor one? we've all seen in real life that its usually people with brown hair and in fact how does a ginger even have friends let alone the chosen boy?
why people say the world building is "great" when it is still insufficiently full? wouldn't a better author have created a school with 4 complete houses ones where the 'hero' could conceivably have come from any of the 4?
where does jesus fit into the story if people of jewish ethnicity are in it now?
why does it feel and look like only the first book was the only planned one? did she only keep writing them for money?
why does harry potter always get christmas gifts but he never sends them out? is this because daniel radcliff is of jewish descent?

why in the first book is starclass is at 12:00 am wednesday but later they are shown hanging out in their bedrooms at the same time? why was it never discussed they cut class that night?
why did rowling keep writing about magic if she did not like it?
why wizard school has stringent rules to keep magic and check and avoid being caught by people but it is ok for harry potter to break all rules?
why all the books have the same structure?
why do characters all become dull as the series kept going on? as a writer shouldn't she have improved over the years?
as follow up to above why did screenwriters not fix this issue?
why does harry potter fail to solve a single mystery when it is referred to as "pulp mystery books"?
why is dragon alley their wall street when in reality its just a big toys r us?
if there is a spell that kills you if you don't keep a promise why don't they just put spell on all people so they don't use magic or kill normal people?
in the end will books like twilight be the only legacy of Harry Potter and actually remembered unlike harry potter in 50 years time?

thnxs u for answer anos

>"No!"

Everytime it gets me.

I wish I could answer all those questions, but I read the books as a child/teenager, loved them, then stopped giving a shit about them because I grew up. Those questions can maybe answered by a manchild watching HP movies at his 20s/30s.

Cause there are no guns in the UK, its illegal

That ass is wildly mediocre though. I've seen Asian girls with more back.

>MEDIOCRE

I'm glad someone else recognises the most patrician part of the pasta.

Because they used the map when sneaking around the castle. Therefore they looked at the parts of the castle they were in and when they were doing mischief making sure nobody was around them. When they are done and allroach their common room they put away the mal because they didnt need it, they never look in gryffindor common room. How is this not obvious. They use the map when sneaking around every other part of hogwarts

they did.

Didn't they ever use it at home?

Because she made up the story as she went and used retroactive foreshadowing.

It only shows Hogwarts.

She's qt as fuck in that pic. Bonnie Wright was hot when she was younger. She was supposed to be even more beautiful in the books

i find her attractive

>why does harry potter fail to solve a single mystery when it is referred to as "pulp mystery books"?
He literally solves a mystery in EVERY book

fuck off chink cunt

this

Why didn't Barty Crouch Jr. just turn some random object into a portkey to Tom Riddle Sr.'s tomb and tell Harry Potter to touch it?

Because then the ministry and Dumbledore would know that Harry died under suspicious circumstances rather than in a freak Triwizard Tournament accident.

Why didnt voldemort just plant a land mine where harry would step on it

So they never once pulled it out real fast so they could make sure no one was around while they fucked in the rooms or something?

The Ministry still would have denied everything, they're that stupid.

>apparate to america
>buy or steal gun
>return to UK
????

It was an ebin prank.

Sooo...Harry turning up dead or disappeared, in a Triwizard tournament he wasn't supposed to be in, in a Triwizard Tournament specifically designed to be safe, in the safest fucking task of the whole three, right after the other three competitors in the tournament were attacked and disabled, months after the Dark Mark is shot into the sky, weeks after Barty Crouch comes running in to yell that Voldemort is getting stronger and then also disappears--that wouldn't have been considered suspicious?

The part that always cracks me up is
> When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Harry, did I ever tell you about time-turners? They are magical devices that allow the user to travel back in time. As you and your friends discovered when you saved Buckbeak's life, this incredible power can even prevent someone from being killed. Although the Ministry had a whole closet full of time-turners, we never used them to stop Voldemort. Time-turner's are dangerous. They should only be used in the rare case a little girl wants to take extra classes one semester. Although we could have saved thousands of innocent people's lives, your parents among them, the thought never occurred to us. They were good friends.

Why would you build a security system to one of the mostprecious items in the world that literal 11 year-olds can get through?

>Why didn't Harry just Accio Snitch?
I bet there are spells that protect from using accio.

Well, Cedric died under the same circumstances with a first hand witness claiming Voldemort's return, a Death Eater confessing it all and the ministry still spent a year denying that Voldemort came back.

Why wasn't James or Lily Potter their own Secret Keepers, for that matter? Why the fuck did they rely on a third person at all?

Yeah, but Dumbledore knew, which is the important thing anyway.

Why did Harry choose to marry Ginny when she's not even remotely attractive and fucked black guys in the past? That's the biggest plot hole.

Why didn't any of the other countries do anything about Voldemort? He could have ruined the International Statute of Secrecy for everyone.

Because he couldn't marry Ron, so he went for the closest thing available.

Why did Dumbledore ruin a year of everyone's DADA education by hiring someone as clearly incompetent as Lockhart?

this desu
plus Harry is an autist whose family hated him so he adopted a new one, and those guys always go for little sister incest fantasies

Hagrid said it, there was no one else available for the job because it was cursed.

What about Lupin and Moody?

I still don't get how Voldemort could curse this particular job position. How does it work? Why does he never curse other things like "No Hogwarts headmaster will last over a year" or something?

why didn't they time travel their problems away

explain then, how exactly does a job gets cursed?

Because when they tried that in the Cursed Child they fucked everything up.

>everything you touch will multiply
how is anyone poor in this universe

Why did they never notice that some dude called Tom Riddle was always standing right next to Prof. Quirrel?

The copies are worthless

why don't they copy hermione

>how is anyone poor in this universe
Especially since they all have access to magic. They can get whatever they want, money should only ever be necessary to pay wizards to do things that you don't know how to do or can't do alone.

but she's already worthless so what's the point

Just imagine turning yourself into hermione and someone else turned into ginny and you have passionate lesbian sex

>Just imagine turning yourself into hermione
I already feel disappointment every day, but I don't need it this badly.

Maybe they did, they just never gave a shit.

Voldemort's real name isn't really common knowledge.

how fucked up is the economy in the Harry Potter universe? Seems like your only choices are to work for the Ministry or own an owl shop on diagon alley.

Like how are you supposed to make any wizard coin? There are no menial labor jobs thanks to magic, and even then you are competing against free house elf slave labor.

>Voldemort's real name isn't really common knowledge.
Which I never understood, why the fuck wouldn't everyone know that? And why wouldn't Dumbledore make sure everyone at school knew about it?
Saying "Tom Riddle" sounds a lot less scary than saying "He who must not be named", it removes the fear of him.

Why can't a wizard just get a job at a bottling factory? like when Harry used to keep feeling bottles of liquor with his wand, no need for long fermentation processes and all that, just a fucking wand.

Who needs a job? Just build yourself a house with magic and use spells to keep muggles away. Then use magic do get whatever the hell you want. Occasionally sell some of the things you "get" with magic to muggles, then exchange muggle money for wizard money in order to buy magical items.

Voldemort used to kill people who knew about his past I thought?

>wouldn't a better author have created a school with 4 complete houses ones where the 'hero' could conceivably have come from any of the 4?

Indeed.

Why in the fuck are there four houses when like 90% of content is for only ONE of them?

>virtually nothing for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
>little content for Slytherin

Logically this makes sense since with magic there shouldnt be any scarcity. However its pretty obvious that in the wizarding world wealth inequality still exists but it isnt explained why.

its not magically cursed, it just has really high turnover bc shit kept happening and people got scared.
>lupin
>hiring filthy werewolf scum
>where children live
lol

then why not tell everyone so he has to kill everyone so he comes out in the open and you can throw grenades at him

I don't think Lupin ever turned except for that one night. He always took his potions and took sick days a bit yeah?

Also with Snape right there by his side, he was okay.

This. I don't get why everyone loves Lupin. He went out on the night of the full moon to where he knew there would be a bunch of kids, who may not have known he was a werewolf, without taking his potion. That's beyond fucked.

somehow the weasley's are dirt poor, but it's not really explained

they have a house that presumably costs nothing to repair/heat because of magic. they sent a clown car of kids to the best school in the country. what exactly do they have to worry about not having money for? is there a tax man from the ministry that's going to confiscate their property? what if they all just lived in one of those magical tents that can fit an entire house inside of it

Why didn't voldemort get a helicopter and fly near hogwarts and launch a bazooka

He spent all of his money on choco tacos.

And then of course you consider how nonsensical Gringotts, the only bank is. They don't actually use the money you give them or invest it, they just stuff it in a vault and call it a day. How do they make a profit?

Helicopters and bazookas don't work in Hogwarts

fuck the bazooka, get a nuke

let's see how magic interferes with good ol' fatman

And Ron has to keep wearing hand-me-downs. Why don't they just create new clothes with magic?

why is the killing curse forbidden but everyone and their mother knew spells that kill just as effectively

yeah. "Reparo Sweater"

what about all the money in his Roth 401k

>but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series

why didn't voldemort just pick up his horcruxes and stow them in outer space or something?

Or at least at the bottom of the Marinas Trench or in a volcano or somewhere less obvious and more difficult than where he did.

>(((Goblins)))

Did hogwarts even teach their students basic financial planning? never heard of a single course like arithmetic or writing, it was all "advanced potions" or "divination"

That money's under Tom Riddle. His ID has a nose.

Mrs. Weasey addresses this because she says hand-knit sweaters are made with love whereas magic-knit sweaters are not