Amongst literally thousands (probably tens of thousands) of 9/10 records, what makes this one so special?

Amongst literally thousands (probably tens of thousands) of 9/10 records, what makes this one so special?

>hardmode: popularity/impact isn't a factor

Literally nothing except the popularity

>anything by floyd
>9/10
who the fuck let you off reddit

Popularity.

WYWH is a 10

spbp

Its unique, timeless, epic and the production is great

Super smooth production and relatively out-there sounds for a 1973 pop album.

(not true, by the way)

Pic related also has top-tier production and it came out the same year.
What makes WYWH not a 10?

That's true, but then again I don't much care for either (although I'll listen to Us and Them from time to time).
WYWH is held back by Shine On You Crazy Diamond book-ending the album instead of being a single track. In addition, Have a Cigar really rubs me the wrong way. Welcome to the Machine is alright for the synths but really I could take it or leave it most days.

This.

the reddit... it's coming from inside the Sup Forums!

Sup Forums has always liked WYWH

Why do people take numerical scores so seriously? Do you not realize that the level of quality for one person's 9/10 could be completely different from another? And how can records of completely different tone and genre be compared by the same rating system? Numerical scores also place a limit on the possible greatness and terribleness of an album. How can you even rank musical quality out of ten in the first place? So the entire question is flawed by assuming that records that you think deserve the same stupid rating are all of equal merit and will have the same impact.

just go back. this is pathetic

What is some of your favorite music then, little boy?

itaots

entry-level hipster trash

Perfect (nothing)
Favorite
Fantastic
Great
Good
Par
Bad
Apathy (absolute worst of the worst)

It's pretty easy to use numbers when you specify how you're rating things.

possibly, but that still means that most people will have different ideas of what quality makes a certain score. Also I don't think vague terms such as "good" or "fantastic" are that much better at describing an album. And it also doesn't mean that a great album in one genre could be compared to another in a completely different genre.

Radio-friendly songs.
I thought it was common knowledge, really.

Okay, so 80% of Beatles records are better, by that logic.

Dont know, waiting for the Pitchfork review

>Amazing production
>One of the greatest albums lyrically
>Amazing songwriting that has both experimental and pop appeal
>Amazing musicianship

It's also impossible to ignore it's immense impact, but even if you take that away it's still head and shoulders above most other albums of it's genre

right place and right time is all