What's the essential snydercore? I want to get into his films but i don't know where to start

What's the essential snydercore? I want to get into his films but i don't know where to start

Thanks

Watchmen

Dawn of the Dead

MoS

BvS

Start with the Greeks (literally)

>BvS
It really depends on the person watching it. Many movie goers are just used to normal superheroes films bloated with poorly directed action scenes and won't appreciate the deep meanings, references and symbology behind it

haha

Guardians of Ga'Hoole > MoS > Watchmen = BvS

Essential is 300 and Watchmen.

Dawn Of The Dead is good.

Sucker Punch is shit. But it's more essential Snyder-Core than Dawn Of The Dead.

Watchmen (Director's Cut)

Man of Steel

Dawn of the Dead is his first film, very comfy (group of people trapped in a shopping)

>It really depends on the person watching it.
Sure, if you're a fedoralord, it's a revelation. For people in good mental health it's a frivolous joke.

Sucker Punch is his best work.

>the deep meanings, references and symbology behind it
hahahahah

Apparently I'm talking to an asshole, with a hate-boner for BvS, and absolutely nothing better to do, certainly nothing that involves making money, unless you're like a small time drug dealer. I could see you being the type of person to buy RCs to sell as acid and molly and blow to some highschool freshman that are the only people who still look up to you.

You are no danger. You're about as threatening as a mosquito bite on my ass cheek. You don't even have doors to knock on, so you come here and leave turds on our doorstep instead.
Anyone can produce a turd, and anyone can post that turd on an image board. At least try to like, drop a deuce on the Whitehouse lawn, if you're dead set on making a name for yourself by shitting in public. At least that takes some fucking courage and fucking forethought.

Or stay here. I have fun with these. It's cathartic to fling insults at one I view as wholly inferior.

nb obviously, and I really should spoiler it, but I just can't bring myself to do so.

Woof, bitch.

Guardians of Gahole, Dawn of the Dead, 300

Watch those 3 first in that order then if you're really looking for more see Sucker Punch then IMDb and watch the others you're interested in.

>symbology

Apparently I'm talking to the king of comedy, so infatuated with the smell of his own farts and his ironic bullshit that he's willing to ignore the actual quality of a film to fit in with his fellow neckbears. Maybe if we attribute some deep meaning to every piece of scenery in every shot in these movies they will somehow grow a proper plot, sensible dialogue and competent character development. It will happen any day now.
Your ironic bullshit is hilarious to me, I still don't buy it. Nobody watched this trash and came out satisfied.

Is that the one where a cop teams up with an orc?

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

top kek, nice reference

>That feel when slowly starting to unironically think snyder work is Kino

Snyder work IS kino. All the hate you see here on Sup Forums is just contrarians being contrarians.

All of them you pleb.

ALL OF THEM!

>no 300
Literally what the fuck are you doing

It is kino, he's a formalist master.

At least a few people have patrician taste. Step aside faggots, SnyderKino rollin through.

Snyder never grew out of first year film school

He thinks attractive cinematography and religious symbolism make up for poor story with awful characters

it doesn't (unless you're a pleb)

>there are redditards who believe they need to explain what Dawn of the Dead is

Worked for Michael Bay (minus the symbolism).

Read a book or go to the theater if that's so important to you.

>I want to get into his films but i don't know where to start

a partial frontal lobotomy is the best place to start. Ingesting copious amounts of lead and mercury is also good way to go. Drinking heavily is an option, but it's effects are temporary, difficult to maintain for the duration of a film, and there's no guarantee it'll make you dumb enough before killing you.

>implying theatre isn't just rehashed irrelevant social and cultural norms from the 60's or older

lol, not anymore.

In either case, if you want good dialogue and characters, go see a play. In a lot of ways it is superior to even literature in that respect.

Attractive cinematography is a valid aspect of film making to praise. Especially when Snyder's competition is so lacking in that regard. Of course it's also valid to criticize the scripting but I don't see how you can spin putting effort into the way your films looks into a bad thing,

zack snyder isn't a cinematographer.

If you want to praise that aspect of his movies, praise the cinematographer. Zack snyder just says "dude make stuff look cool lmao!"