The state of the star wars franchise

>the state of the star wars franchise

>implying le epic space samurai man won't appeal to normies and /pleb/bitors

Ip Man?

Chirrut was great. I was actually amazed by how much I liked his character despite it being cliché. They managed to make him endearing.

>mouse shit for children to make them give up all their shekels
kuks

Donnie Yen has been fantastic in every movie I've seen him in.

>The studio had only two choices to play Chirrut: Donnie Yen and Jet Li. Yen was approached first because of his salary of $4 million against Li's $10 million.

This is all you have to know about his "character".

>pay 4 million for a 20 second fight scene

Better than 10 I guess

Hey he did more than that.

he said thing.

he flipped a switch.

he exploded.

>be chirrut
>know you'll never be a real jedi
>die in space vietnam
>it aint me starts playing

We genuinely need more Star Wars movies with vietnam scenes.

Fuck all these space wizards, gimme the POV of common soldiers on missions.

>we want that audience
>but we're too greedy for extra 6 mil

sigh

What's the story with the other guy? Why is the one Chinese guy who's supposed to be outgoing barely speaks English? He wasn't hired for his physique either, that's for sure

a movie adaptation involving the 501st clone division would be great. but that'll never happen. at least we have TCW.

i don't mind the disney acquisition of star wars except for the fact that they cancelled TCW and ignore everything from it except in Rebels which blows

An entire movie set in the forrest of Endor where a squad of storm troopers is going from one village to another killing and raping teddy bears

I heard somewhere that he's a pretty famous actor in china. Probably hired him to get that chinese audience in.

Why not just dub over him? I could barely understand what he's saying and that's supposed to be his native language

English is my third language and I could understand them with no problem.

Is a bit like the Emperor in RotS. Movie is meh, but Ian McDiarmid puts so much earth in a moustache twirling, old school villain to make it the best part of the movie.

Batman vs superman was seen as a flop because it didn't break 1 billion dollars with such a well known and popular franchise.

If Rogue one doesn't break 1 billion you can bet Disney will be really worried, they will already be worried since it's dropped so much from what the previous film did but that will set off alarm bells even louder.

really grinds your gears

seriously while I was watching the beach fight scene I can't stop hearing it ain't me in my head

Is it even possible for a Star Wars movie released on Christmas to not break 1 million WW?

How is this piece of shit doing in the BO anyways?

I guess you could say Disney was forced to cast him.

ITS OVER MARVEL BTFO

HOW WILL MARVEL EVER RECOVER?

i'm guessing that's domestic?

There's more to consider than just a single movie for a studio.
Disney knew this obviously wasn't going to do as well as TFA.
WB. on the other hand, needs to get it together. Every major blockbuster they had released this year could be considered a flop and each entry to the DCEU gets worse and worse so why would people continue to see them.

$780mn and still has a few intl markets left to open in including china

it will break $1bn

>Batman vs superman was seen as a flop
>he actually fell for the MCUck propaganda
It made almost a billion without Nolan to leech off. It was a hit. Not to mention the blu-ray sales destroying everything.

>could be considered a flop

If you're retarded or something

>yfw Marlels still won't admit Suicide Squad destroyed Dr Strange

see
The only success there for WB. is Suicide Squad and I guarantee you less people are coming back for a sequel.

Why do the Stormtroopers wear armor if it can't even Protect them from a WOODEN STAFF?

The Disney Pajeet finally admits that Suicide Squad fucking destroyed Dr Strange despite not having the bribed reviews to leech off on.

>space Vietnam

>samurai

While Suicide Squad introduced us to a cast mostly full of new characters, there was familiarity shoved into the movie in the form of the Joker, Batman and the Flash.
Doctor Strange was a completely new character to audiences and wasn't reliant on other MCU actors and it fared better critically, whether or not that matters.

And BvS. And Fantastic Beasts which is moping the floor with Dr Strange in the foreign market

WB has two succesful franchises on the rise, just looking at the numbers

>Batman appears in less than five minutes so therefore it's a Batman movie

meanwhile

NO NO VADER DOESN'T COUNT ROGUE ONE IS TOTALLY A SPIN-OFF IT'S JUST A FIVE MINUTE CAMEO

Oh Disney shills. The mental gymnastics.

This again?
You are aware that Time Warner are a multi-billion dollar media conglomerate and can afford to pay off critics and has done so in the past with video games.
Oh and they also part own Rotten Tomatoes with Universal and many other news sites that post critical film reviews, just like Disney and Fox etc.

the cold hard truth is that DC has three cash cows now: Batman, Joker and HQ, while Marvel has only two: Iron Man and whatever brings people to theaters to see Guardians of the Galaxy (the talking raccoon probably, kids love that shit)

Suicide Squad turned HQ into a cash cow. Nobody cared who she was until her SS costume which is now the go-to Halloween costume for sluts.

Same reason why it was first until Snyder's Man of Steel that Superman actually became relevant on the big screen again.

Meanwhile Disney is desperately leeching off its bought IPs, doing absolutely nothing to expand on them and strengthen them. Who can say anyone liked TFA for its new shitty characters? Or its mundane portrayals of the OT cast? They just leech off the brand, exploit it and then dump it.

They're all cash cows because people fucking love cape-garbage, it doesn't matter

plz someone post the webm of that CGI leia.

kinda surprised that SS beat out Strange,

I'm one of the few people who enjoyed Man of Steel but if you actually believe that Snyder made Superman relevant again then you are a deluded fanboy.

>I am Wunwidda Fouss

I thought his name was Chirrut.

Superman Returns bombed a couple of years earlier didn't it?

Genuinely chuckled.

I liked the movie
fite me