Fired from SNL

Fired from SNL.

Lorne has no clue what he's doing these days. I've never really been a huge fan of SNL but these two guys ( as well as Bill Hader ) were perfect for this show...

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/08/why-saturday-night-live-shook-things-up/495104/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2017
>caring about SNL

gay

I mean the white guys fine he was in freaking 12 Years a Slave that black guy is fucked though off to tv land he goes.

It's a shame. Jay was the modern day Eddie Murphy minus the transexual encounters in public toilets.

Why was the guy on the right fired?

From what I read, Lorne fires a few people every so often when the ratings decline, to make way for newer people to come in and succeed...

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/08/why-saturday-night-live-shook-things-up/495104/

It's worked in the past, Lorne has fired celebrities like Adam Sandler and that guy who played Joe Dirt (forget his name right now).

Black dude will probably have a career in voice over work.

Killam was fired because he's directing a movie and production would lapse with the first few weeks of the newest season.

Hello there, OP.

I work for the production team over at NBC, more specifically on Saturday Night Live.

We respect your support and opinion regarding this issue, however you are uninformed and do not know the full story.

For starters, Killam was not fired, he was informed that he had to make a decision between the movie project he was working on and renewing his contract for the upcoming season, he chose the movie and he was wished well, no hard feelings were had, at least on the shows side of things.

As for Jay, well the truth of the matter is that audiences didn't quite click with Jay, while he was funny and had a good charisma, he just was falling behind almost every other cast member, even the ones who had way less screen time, in terms of audience popularity.

I hate Snl but these two werey favorite casts members.

Only good one left is bobby Moynahan and Keenan Thompson

Bill burr

Fuck you, fire this guy instead.

Keenan is not going any where any time soon.

He remains one of the most popular cast members, if not THE most popular cast member.

He is a nice guy and a pleasure to be around, I don't understand completely how he is so popular but if it works they're not going to change it, and it works, so.

Well i understand firing the white guy, they already have one who looks exactly the same. But if you fire a nignog at least fire that fat unfunny one.

How'd the cast/crew react when Trump actually won? I honestly want to know.

Honestly there was quite a bit of panic. There entire cast wrote off Trump as "never gonna happen" so the need to respect him was never even thought of.

But we've since been informed that we won't be pushing "political skits" any more, we weren't specifically told that we had to stop due to our obvious bias against Trump, but when one of our team leaders told us that Baldwin will not be making an appearance in the upcoming season... we got the idea.

You'll see too.

David Spade. The other fag who said Bill Burr is a fag. Don't listen to fags. They're fags.

Yeah, you'll probably hear him in Family Guy pretty soon given his impressions of black comedians are so good and their whole shtick is making fun of celebrities.

>le funny black man can't play obongo anymore now that he's leaving office
>the other guy could only play gay characters stereotypes
>they need to bring in alec baldwin and others because the cast is so horrible

Sounds like Lorne knows exactly what he's doing.

>you will never be a kid on a popular sketch comedy show on Nickelodeon and then graduate to another sketch comedy show on basic television to secure viewers for a failing network

This guy is painfully unfunny, though.

He's good. he should just do stand-up Murphy style, MINUS any political bs.

What a bunch of pussies, do they think Trump would actually do anything other than tweet shit about how unfunny they are if they kept making fun of him?
Well, I'm sure they can bring back Larry David one more time to do a skit about Bernie hanging himself or something.

Is family guy still on the air?
Who's watching it?

Killam doesn't play that many gay characters.

Honestly I think they want to be able to mock Trump but begrudgingly they are being forced to back off.

Let's be real, Trump is very powerful, when he becomes President he will be the most powerful man in the world, and the way NBC see this situation, SNL doesn't have to endorce him but they sure as hell don't have the stones to take him on, now especially considering he's won the election.

In fact we're gearing some skits that will be about Trump to be more "funny" and less "politically motivated".

how can 2 supposedly less awful guys make up for an entire shit cast and writer team

seriously, this nigger hasn't been funny once in his life

fuck snl, I don't understand how the fuck it's still on the air

I'm not Murrican, can Murricans please explain to me who watches that shit? It's amazingly bad, it's unbelievable that this an iconic show. How is this popular? Why?

Couple of questions:

1) Why do you browse Sup Forums? Personal or corporate?

2) Do you guys have PA jobs?

3) Ever heard of Wilmatv?

>2017
>network television

Hey there,

1) I browse Sup Forums Sup Forums for personal reasons, however I was introduced to this message board by a colleague who, funny enough, was told that Sup Forums/tv and reddit we're great places to gather anonymous audience feedback without actually asking for it. I guess the logic behind not wanting to ask if people like our programming is because someone may gather that the show isn't doing so well, and if that was the case we wouldn't want that getting out.

2) I personally don't have a PA, no need for one, but those who need one have one. There's a production assistant, there are interns who pretty much do whatever they're told, including the generic coffee and lunch trip. The budget is big enough to hire who is asked for, I could probably get a PA but i'd need to do some serious convincing as my job is strictly a 1 person job.

3) I can't say I have heard of wilmatv, sorry. I'm gathering it's a production company of some sort? Is it based in the US?

Fuck off kike

SNL has and always will be shit. Its fucking nauseating to watch these days though.

How's Lorne Michaels? Dude comes off as a dictator on set.

Dictator to some, beloved by others. If you ask 10 people you'll get 10 different answers.

All I can say is he's treated me with nothing but kindness since I've been working in the production team, although when it comes to onscreen talent he can be quite agressive, and if he doesn't like some thing or some one, people will know about it.

I remember the day Sinead O'Connor performed, the one where she tore up a picture of the pope. Lorne and his people tore Sinead and her people apart, threatened them with law suits, slandered them not only to the cast and crew but publically.

Sinead has since been black listed in all of NBC and a lot of other network television as well, and that's all because of Lorne.

Just one example anyway. There's plenty more.

IS THAT YOU MOONEY?

And yet that useless fuck micheal Che is still on the payroll.
He's not smart, talented, or funny, and yet he gets weekend update because diversity quota.
He was garbage when he was in cave comedy radio, and he's garbage now.
God someone murder Michael Che please
>t. Producer at CCR

No. He is on screen talent and also a writer. Im in the production team for NBC but allocated to SNL. I think he does browse Sup Forums though, might be wrong.

Great guy though.

>SNL

Nobody has cared about that unfunny faggot shit since the 90s

I honestly wouldn't know if SNL was still on after 2000 except for the occasional news story about casting or something.

Do people actually watch the shit, or is it like the Simpsons, living off former glory.

>He fires those 2
>but he keeps these 2
I kinda hate that guy.

He did, that's true. But he could also play other characters all around. He always delivered and had a pleasant presence onscreen.
Hell, i love Vanessa but she has less characters going on for herself. I would have axed Aidy or Harambe, personally.

the dude is fine actually he's great. Jones on the other hand is FUBAR

NBC pay well?
Was norm really fired because of the OJ thing?

Test

I'm not from Dumbfuckingstan either, but i think it's more of a tradition from the TV network. It's like that very old grandpa that nobody wants around, but you end up respecting him in the long run.
It's more about the years it's been on air, or NBC doesn't have anything to fill the space, i don't know.

NBC pays quite well, it all depends on your job. If you are good at your job then you'll be given incentive to sign a longer contract. The average contract is 7 years unless you're an intern or assistant. All the main crew members have 7 year contracts, as do the actors.

However a few people have 12 year contracts and earn a 15% bonus per year. Keenan is one who has a 12 year contract that I know of.

Regarding Norm... there are a few reasons he was shit canned, while it's true that his comments about OJ during the trial and afterwards were received poorly via the public, Norm felt like he was deserving of more screen time and money whilst Lorne disagreed.

It got to a point where Norm was demoted several times after the OJ stuff went down and he then went on to quit because I guess it wasn't what he thought he was worth. All he had towards the end from memory were a few short skits here and there, maybe even episodes apart sometimes.

Is there anyone Lorne Michael regrets letting go? They usually only talk about the people that auditioned and didn't make the cut like Jim Carrey and Kevin Hart.

Also how does he actually feel about breaking character in a skit? Some say he likes it, others that he absolutely hates it.

holy shit bro how did kike even come into your brain? did you quote the wrong person?

Fine.

Ken Ayong has a younger brother.

What is his name and where does he work?

Cool. Yeah, Wilma is based off of Hollywood. I was just wondering if you've heard of them, I worked with them on a show for the second half of a season, and holy fuck dude they are unprofessional as fuck and horrible to work with. Their tech was all outsourced, and they were far more professional than the execs.

Easy, Adam Sandler.

Adam wasn't fired due to any misshap or poor ratings on his part, it was from memory a way for Lorne to bring in some new, modern comedians and paved the way for the likes of Bill Hader, Tina Fey etc. But he definitely regretted booting Sandler off the show considering after his SNL run he made it as a massive star. Sandler will probably come on the show within the next year anyway, I don't think there were any bad feelings between them.

Funny enough, if they break character and it benefits the skit, doesn't hinder it or make it unusable.. it's actually seen as a good thing. Take, for example the Californians, one of the skits where Fred cracks up and then Bill does too, yet it's been very highly rated and liked amongst fans.

Ofcourse the goal is to not break character but depending on the circumstances, it can be a good thing.

That's good to know, someone within NBC probably already knows that to be honest, if they have a reputation for being that way. Hollywood is a pretty large place, however almost everyone in the business knows everyone else. Lorne likes to keep tabs on other networks, let's put it that way.

Thanks for the insight.

Last question, does Comcast like to meddle with nbc's entertainment and news divisions?

What makes you think I would know the productions managers family? Let alone his younger brother.

Also I'll have you know I work for NBC and i'm contracted to SNL. Have been since 1992, I don't work for Ken nor do I know much about him.

Also it's Aymong, not Ayong.

Does he regret not killing Fallon while he was still mortal?

Not a problem!

To be honest I don't know a whole lot about the Comcast/NBC situation, I know there definitely is one, though. Ever since Comcast acquired NBC,SNL has been run slightly different, and our programming has also been altered to suit certain criteria.

For example the Donald Trump skits were something that a lot of the crew had no clue about up until say... a week prior? And that is very unusual considering we generally know what to expect months in advance.

Fallon is seen as one of the SNL family and whatever bad blood that there may have been in the past between him and Lorne, or whoever else, is completely gone now.

I do believe Lorne was salty over Fallon leaving for greener pastures, but since Fallon has now made it big in Hollywood, he's a good friend to have, thus you can expect him to be on SNL some time in the coming year.

How bad a drunk is he? Anyone can answer that

Was Seth Myers departure amicable?

Which current cast members are chill and which are dickish?

Fallon isn't a drunk. He parties hard, he's a cool guy, but he doesn't have a massive problem.

When you reach a certain level of fame, especially in the US, if you have one or two indiscretions that are caught by either paparazzi or people in general, word gets out that you some how have a massive problem. He doesn't have a problem, I'm not friends with him, so I don't know him intimately, but I use to see him all the time and I've been at our Christmas parties when he was with the cast, and I can tell you that he just like to have some fun.

Not quite. I don't know the specifics of it, but I've witnessed a few arguements in rehearsal, Seth didn't get a long with a couple of cast members, so I gather when Seth got an opportunity to leave and he took it, Lorne saw it as a bit of a slap in the face considering he gave set his big break.

It sounds like Lorne is the type that it's hard to get out under from, he thinks his people owe him for life. Has anyone asked for his blessing to leave and gotten it?

Thanks for the info bruv. One last questions - any positions available for composers somewhere in NBC? I'd like to try and get my foot in the door for bigger projects in the entertainment business, but I don't really have a lead or an idea as to where to look/how to apply for these positions. Any advise in that regard is highly appreciated my man.

Bill Hader; Great guy.

Jimmy Fallon; great guy, fake laughs at all of your jokes
Seth Meyers; kind of a dick, not always, but you sortof had to watch what you said to him as to not upset him

Taran; a pleasure to be around and it's sad to see him go

Jay; eh, not a bad guy, just not too funny in person.

Kristen; absolutely lovely to be around

Lorne; treats you wonderfully if you're on his good side, will destroy you if you fuck with him

Keenan; nice guy, pretty funny.

Honestly I could go on and on but maybe i'll just list a few that I dislike instead.

Bobby Moynihan; He's very funny on screen but super serious off, one minute he could be doing a silly face and voice and then the next he could ask you "what the fuck are you laughing about" in such a serious, cold way, didn't enjoy his company.

Andy Samberg; I don't like Andy, there are a few reasons but the main reason is the one time I witnessed him absolutely berate an intern for either interrupting him or something like that. She was crying and he pretty much told her to fuck off. Not the only reason but I clearly remember that.

Mike Meyers was a bit of a dickhead on set, funny as anything on the show but afterwards he was quite a douche. Anti-social, wouldn't want to perform in skits with someone who was funnier than him, thus him being replaced by Ferrel.

I believe Dana Carvey asked to leave and it went perfectly fine. But this was a bit deeper than the usual stuff. Carvey was very close to Hartman, and when Hartman died, Carvey felt like he couldn't continue on SNL and he told that to Lorne.

Honestly NBC don't really advertise for positions, sadly, so unless you know someone who can possibly get your foot in the door, you may never even hear of a vacancy.

Prove you're contracted to SNL

Also will you make a Sup Forums reference in the next season?

Oh good, a whole season filled with nothing but innocuous pop culture references and sexual inuendo. That material never gets old! Fuck you. Americans have a right and duty to dissent in the face of political corruption. You own the most popular platform in the world to showcase satire, in a nation that (for now) still has freedom of speech and you're telling us you WONT BE USING IT? I guess all comedians will have to cowtow to the giant orange cheese doodle now.

he said current bro

as for the samberg story - why the fuck did no one stop that shit? this always baffles me about productions. i once saw an exec quietly give this girl a fucking horrible little speech. shit was awful. why do they do this? why do they feel so entitled? it's just fucking television, theyre not doing anything that cannot be replaced by a fucking ape in a suit

Fucking shit, thought so. Any idea how I could get to know someone? If I have to play the social game that's something I may be able to do. I don't want to force anyone but man those positions are comfy as fuck. Like the guy who makes the Flash music - he basically listened to some Phillip Glass, imitated it, and it's now the theme.

How would you like me to prove that I work for NBC? Also I work in the production team, I don't know what you think that means, but I don't control the content of our shows.

For a few reasons, mainly because we've been told that essentially... and i'm paraphrasing here, but we aren't worth as much as the on screen talent is, obviously, we're not as important and we are replaceable.

Believe it or not, someone like Andy has the power to go to Lorne and tell him 'hey, I don't like that guy, fire him please" and he would! Even though there are people like myself who have been working for NBC and SNL for over 20 years.

For me it would be different, I wouldn't get fired since I work for NBC, i'd be shipped off to some other program, but SNL is super fun so losing that kind of comfortable job is a huge dissapointment.

It's easy getting drunk on power. I mean, back when I was in high school, we had to organize an event, and some of us had to make some fridge magnets to hand out to the attendants. A friend of classmate of mine got picked by the teacher to supervise it. His whole job was to write down how many magnets each person had made that day and tell the teacher when we reached the goal number. It was a three day job and he still felt entitled to berate a girl that was not producing as many magnets as the others.

Well the way I see it, and the way it has worked for a lot of other people like myself is that.. you should work on lesser projects for other companies and send copies of your work to all the major players. One day someone will need a composer or whatever it is you do, and if you're talented, you'll get the job.

For me, I had worked on other television shows within NBC before a chance meeting with Lorn in .. i think 91, he said he liked my work and asked if I wanted to work on SNL, the rest is history.

>juvenile 1st world problems

To play the social game is a game you can never be certain you'll win, or even start.. i'm making sense. But if you have the time and patience there are a lot of places the SNL alumni, past and present, like to hang out

Could you describe your role? I don't want you to give us your title (unless you're comfortable with that) because I know that could give you away, but I've worked some productions before, so if you describe it more or less I'll know. Just curious, because I don't know what kind of fun one could have on a production team.

That's the point. It was just making plastic magnets and the guy was treating it as if his Holidays bonus depended on it.

Any names you could give? I mean, I don't really know that SNL needs a composer man, they have so many good musicians already, any one of them could take that role. But other shows I'm interested in.

Thanks, I thought this would be the case. Ok, I'll continue where I was going then.

your best example of being 'drunk of power' is high school magnets

your entire life is entitled as fuck compared to 83% of the world

It's not my best example, it's my most inocuous example. Otherwise it's just stories of people with actual power being dicks. That's common ground.

The basic summary of my job is essentially ... I am someone who heps coordinate technological and artistic aspects of the show.

There are times where you could consider me a graphics co-ordinator, other times you could consider me a production assistant or technical director. It's all the same job to me and i'm not as concerned with the title.

Though when initially hired I was told the role was associate producer.

So what's so fun about it? The interactions with the talent? From what you've said some of them are nice and all, but some are complete dicks.

Well for one Avalon is pretty popular, some electronic music club, Lure is pretty good as well.

If you're not looking for a club environment though, there's a spa called voda or Voda spa or something like that, I know fred and bill go there occasionally. Every couple of weeks.

Some of them being dicks is okay because they're not going to be dicks to you unless you step in, and sure sometimes you want to, but you need to remember your place in the team.

The fun comes from being able to be around so many hilarious people, despite the people who aren't as pleasant to be around. It's a very comfortable job and it pays very well. (at least compared to my previous employment)

Plus you have a chance at becoming genuine friends with celebrities, and that's pretty cool. I have a few numbers of certain celebs that I'd consider myself mates with. I've had Darrell Hammond and Beck Bennett over a few times, also Kyle Mooney! But I sort of knew him before he was on SNL, so.

>firing a black brother

Oh look, looks like Trumpfags have invaded SNL...

#BoycottSNL when, brothas?

>heat silly story about a child yelling in school
>angrily accuse storyteller of never having experienced suffering

How delightful

triggered you cushon boy?

Was Pamela Anderson really naked on April 19 1997?

Darrell Hammond's trump impersonation was way worse than Baldwin's yet trump prefers Hammonds.

Trump prefers Hammonds because Baldwin's impersonation hits home with Donald, Hammond's is more in jest while Baldwin was aiming to dig at Trump. Plus, different times. 20 year difference, I'm sure if Trump didn't run for president or wasn't the President elect that he may have liked baldwins impression.

No, pamela wasn't naked. She had on a flesh colored body stocking

I've never seen these two guys in my whole life. For all I know these people never even worked on SNL. Why are you lying to me OP?

What celebrity guest stars were cool and who was particularly insufferable/an asshole?

It's also on at like 10 at night on a Saturday. It doesn't exactly have much competition.

Hhahha calm down pedro. SNL is shit anyways. It doesn't matter what the topic is, it'll still be awful

Were they going to can Vanessa Bayer as well?

How was Scar Jo on set?

Bring everyone back so you can do another What's Up With That sketch

>haha, calm down, Jews in 1930's Germany
>haha, calm down, Cambodians in 1970's Cambodia
>haha, calm down, Tutsis in 1990's Rwanda

You Americans take the rights you have for granted. Most of you probably can't even list 5 of the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution. You've grown up in Plato's cave and think that this is the way things have always been and always will be. You've forgotten how many men sacrificed their own lives to protect your freedoms. You've forgotten that those freedoms had to be fought for in the first place. You seem to be oblivious to the fact that any one of those freedoms could be taken away by a tyrannical ruling party (unless of course it's regarding guns). We're going to have a president whose enormous ego makes being ridiculed his biggest peave and you don't think he's interested in taking that right away from you? You think not being able to criticize those in office is irrelevant? Go choke on Uncle Sam's dick, you defeatist cuck. In the case that you aren't so superficial and dim, then of course you're using Trump-esque double-speak to change the topic and throw people off the scent of an actual issue. If that's the case then you're a duplicitous worm, a mud-bellied bottom feeder, and I see right through you.

>butthurt foreigner whipping out the soapbox

You're part of the reason Trump won.

I can trace my roots to the quakers who landed in Plymouth Rock.
My grandfather lied about his age to enlist in the army at the beginning of the US involvement in WWII. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge in a tank destroyer with a life expectancy of 0.5 seconds and he made it through the entire war. He was more of a man than you or Trump will ever be and if there was one thing he hated in this world it was bullies and bigots and that's who you put in office. You aren't a real American; Americans believe in discourse. You want anyone who disagrees with you out of the country. You're a fascist. Kill yourself.

>"you americans"
>doubles back and goes full muh heritage fag

Your dead gramp's achievements doesn't suddenly give you authority, if anything he'd be disappointed that his progeny is flipping the fuck out on an anonymous filipino barrelmaker's forum. Sit down and talk about snl cast members, you're shitting up the thread otherwise