youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI
youtube.com/watch?v=tz74WBMxvgU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Plinkett is death process

how does it feel knowing rogue one is fucking trash

Literally nostalgia critic tier

People are too stupid to understand internet review

Plinkett died with the Titanic review, search your feelings you know this to be true.

youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc

I knew it was fucking done the moment he felt the need to double down on the prequels instead of reviewing the Force Awakens.

When he started picking on individual comments with weak punchlines I cringed. When he responded to someone who didn't like TFA by posting the box office, I wanted to off myself.

He's lost a lot of respect from me. Childish video and a total waste of the otherwise respectable Plinkett critic platform.

Anyone else feel they've outgrown these losers? How did they become "famous" in the first place?

I enjoyed all three videos plus the R1 Half in the Bag, although I have to say I disagree with him on TFA. I think TFA sucks just as much as R1.

Which video OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI

This one?

What's embarrassing are the threads you make every 15 minutes about this. They really got you hard with this one. I wonder if you were holding back your tears while watching the video.

You wish, Doug. You've never produced anything worth watching.

Yeah, and I'm not even memeing.

This

R1fags have been anally obliterated.

I enjoy RLM reviews but it's clear that they have ideas about what particular movies should be like and when they don't fit that idea the movie instantly goes down in quality in their eyes. This was pretty blatant in this review and others such as the Man of Steel review. They devoted about 10 minutes lamenting the bygone age of Christopher Reeve and how Superman used to be this guy who would fly around the world to turn back time and it was really campy and fun and great. This is fine and all but it basically means you instantly need to take their review with a grain of salt when it comes to these particular types of movies. It was evident with Batman v. Superman as well. You could tell they wouldn't like it from the trailer alone. I didn't even have to watch the review to know they wouldn't like it.

It was pretty clear with this review as well. They didn't like the "fan service" (Sure some parts were unnecessary, but discounting the movie as a whole when it went out of it's way to separate itself tonally from the other Star Wars movies is sort of ignorant), though the elements that were there needed to be there in order to feed into the original trilogy.

Mike and the guys at RLM liked TFA more than Rogue One because it is classic "Star Wars". The band of rebels get together to take down the empire, there's some laughs, some good feels, some swashbuckling action, and it's great. But pretending Rogue One is shitty because it's darker than the original trilogy and doesn't have people making quips during fight scenes (which did happen multiple times during fight scenes in the movie by the way, just not the particular one they used) and is a different type of movie entirely is dumb and Rich Evans reusing the same joke about how shitty fanservice is isn't really that funny anymore.

Pandering to losers.

That review was great.
>When he started picking on individual comments with weak punchlines I cringed
Why, because you're an idiot who can't read? He said he was doing that right in the title of the video.

I know that's you, Mike!

>being this upset.

On a a scale of one to ten, How sad is it to be you?

Shut up Rich

>caring about epic funny internet people giving epic funny "opinions" about shit films on the internet
fucking embarrassing

>epic epic epic
Epic post, dear.

It was obvious that they didn't like the film, but they really seemed to struggle to explain why. That's fine, they're human like the rest of us, but the constant contradicting and backtracking kinda fucks with their image of being guys that are on top of this film critic bullshit.

>image of being guys that are on top of this film critic bullshit.

who the fuck has that image?

>their fans turn on them

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Based Plinkett working the fat plebs

Hey fat plebs, don't feed the troll lol

The older plinkett reviews were actually thorough reviews.

The TFA is just bullshit where he talks about "ring theory" for an hour and barely scratches the surface layer of the problems with TFA itself, defeating the whole purpose of doing a plinkett review at all.

And now after RO, he's been reduced to doing shitty 10 minute plinkett youtube response videos.

TFA is boring. what the fuck is there to talk about?

They are 'famous' for making 2 hour long Youtube videos about why they think a trilogy of very flawed movies (which happens to have the biggest fanbase in the US) are bad. Seeing as bigger=better in America, Plinkett needing as long as the movies runtime to express fundamental flaws made RLM the go to guys on the prequel criticism.

For some reason Mike seems to think he has valuable critical worth because he can successfully nitpick easy targets. The problem is hes is totally contradictory, he loves Jurassic World, TFA and the new Independence Day (for example) which have many flaws in themselves. Some aspects of these movies that he loves are the same aspects in which he dislikes in R1.

Its fine to not like a movie for one reason but like another for the same thing, that's often just a personal preference in style and an individual opinion.
The problem is in Plinkett reviews hes' putting across his points like they are objective criticism, in reality its just the moanings of a jaded manchild because 'Star Wars aint like it used to be'.

>personal preference in style and an individual opinion.
Yeah, it's like they're some kind of critics squad.

Mike and his crew really are pathetic human beings if they are this triggered by this film.

This really Mike just doesn't have any good material to work with or I guess he just doesn't have much to complain about now since he has one of the easiest jobs doing almost nothing and can just phone it in and still get paid so ehh.

>there are actually people that think they're the ones trolling Red Letter Media and not the other way around

I think it's more pathetic to get triggered by what they say about the movie.

DUDE LETS SELLOUT AND SPAM RUSHED AND POORLY MADE CONTENT TO EXPLOIT OUR FANBASE FOR EXTRA SHEKELS LMAO

>h-he read all the individual comments on his youtube video and read them out because we were the ones triggered!

I unsubbed after 4 years during his backtracking during his Rogue One review

>Force Awakens had good characters

Thanks for the hour where you told us you thought otherwise.

Keep getting triggered so he can make more videos and more money.

R1 fans on suicide watch lmao

better than TFA.

deal with it, rediit.

ROGUE ONE, MORE LIKE FLOP OF THE CENTURY

lol why do people get mad when someone says negative things about a film they like? It's not a personal insult, you had nothing to do with the films creation, it doesn't change the film in any way
Is it something to do with people being insecure or lying to themselves? "oh no, I liked the wrong thing, now everyone will hate me and I won't be cool"

Shouldn't be that even if every last person on earth hates a film, except for you alone, you still enjoy it and that's all that matters?

>Im only subscribed to you because because you are supposed to tell me how anything that isnt IV V VI is garbage. You arent allowed to mildly enjoy anything else! Stick with the program!

He's killing all his credibility

t. autism speaks

How the pacing is bad
How the characters are bad
How proper background information is conspicuously absent
How the things that happen make no goddamn sense
How the deathstar 3 came out of nowhere instead of the movie leading up to it throughout

I could go on. Their TFA review basically pays lipservice to a few mild criticisms by saying things like "yeah its derivative... but that's why we like it!"

People feel this strange need to defend the brands they've chosen at all times. I don't give a shit enough to figure out why exactly. Autism probably.

Their fans love this, actually.

what's more embarrassing is your sore anus

If you care about star wars YOU ARE LITERALLY A SHEEP

YOU ONLY EXIST SO DISNEY CAN EXTRACT MONEY OUT OF YOUR WALLET

THEY EXPLOIT YOUR WEAK MIND AND MUH TIE FIGHTER NOSTALGIA

are rlm hillary supporters?

no they supported jeb

This.

For fuck's sake. Half the trailer wasn't even in the fucking movie.

In a stream Rich Evans implied he voted for Trump and Jack got mad at him for it. Rich and Mike probably voted Trump. Jay and Jack probably voted Hillary.

They wrote in their own candidate.

youtube.com/watch?v=tz74WBMxvgU

>In a stream Rich Evans implied he voted for Trump and Jack got mad at him for it. Rich and Mike probably voted Trump

And now I disregard everything they said.

RLM's quality has gone down the shitter. A plinkett review used to be a thorough in-depth analysis of a movie, making sure to cover all its flaws, or at least most of them. The last few have been shit though. They're really hurting their own credibility here.

That said, anything that makes RO make less money is okay by me. If RO flops, they might stop production on these yearly anthology movies.

did you feel exploited when you watched that 10 minute video?

but that is all little shit that leads up to a boring movie. it wasn't a disaster. it wasn't retarded.

it was just boring. and how much can you get out of that?

>implying they're not just trend riding on insane popularity of this franchise

absolute suckers

Rich has said on pre-rec he doesn't know anyone who voted Trump except his crazy aunt. He didn't vote himself.

what last few are you talking about besides TFA

I distinctly remember saying he voted Trump or he was going to. Maybe he was trolling Jack? Whatever. Who gives a shit.

The important thing is that Rogue One is a big fucking flop and nobody that made it will ever appear in a movie ever again.

I think is partially due to how J.J. works. This is partially why I consider TFA a deeply dishonest movie.
Good part of it, like the starkiller or the motivations of a couple of the characters are plain stupid.
But other parts COULD make sense in the EPVIII and people give it the benefit of doubt. Is the typical "Lost" writing.

Yeah, when he posted box office I stopped watching. It was funny before with the prequels reviews but they haven't done anything remotely interesting after that.

They literally didn't even mention like half the movie's flaws. They didn't call it a boring forgettable movie. They still hold it in high esteem and defend it.

The hardcore RLM fan you find in their comment section is incapable of independent thinking.
The only thing they can do is repeat some Plinkett or Mike sentence like "hack fraud" or "it breaks new grounds" or post an embarrassing photo of Evans.
If you argue about elements of the movie the slightly smartest drones dogpile you, the others will be just dismissing and scared because you say something against the "religion".

I was actually surprised by how many people posted criticisms saying "well I generally agree with you but..."

>Is the typical "Lost" writing.

I noticed that too. JJ came from TV, and he treats his movies like they're a TV show. TFA feels like a pilot episode designed to hook you in with """mystery""" (read: unexplained characters/events/motives) rather than actually delivering a full narrative. It's EXACTLY like Lost.

That shit is okay for TV shows, but not for movies.

I don't care, it still a boring movie.

He's literally done 2 """plinkett reviews""" on RO. Plinkett has devolved in quality to the point where they're just youtube clickbait videos.

Fucked up with tfa and rogue one reviews and now in damage control mode. If they shat on tfa like everyone expected them to, none of this would happen.

Do you hear that? That's the sound of Jessi's biological clock slowly ticking away. At the age of 33, she only has two short years before the risk of miscarriage, birth defects, and sterility rapidly rise.

For years Jessi kept her biological imperative stored deep down in the back of her mind.. but as all eventually women find, the sound will grow louder and louder - a horrifying cacophony of guilt and regret will fill her every thought - eventually deafening even the most unfit or unwilling of women.

Tick. Tock. Tick! Tock!

Her latest disappearance is no coincidence. The flood of nasty comments she read about her exploding weight and fading youth have grown so heavy that she can no longer find the strength to appear in front of the camera. Combined with her distress over her fleeting chance at motherhood, Jessi will most likely "find herself" in the coming months. She will stay out partying with her girlfriends later and later each night, making new "friends" and dancing with strangers to feel beautiful again. Mike will have his suspicions, but he isn't man enough to contain forays into the Milwaukee night. He'll wonder who her new friends "Tyrese" and "Jamal" are, and why Jessi texts them so late into the night. This desperate search for self-affirmation and a more virile buck (no, Mike is not the man she expected him to become) will lead to a path of self destruction and ruin. And just like that, her brief moment in the internet's spotlight will dim and sputter - a poetic reflection of her life - and she will vanish never to be seen again.

A failed singer, a failed actress, and soon to be failed mother. Jessica Nakles. Age 33.

>I was only pretending, ha ha trolled

Ridiculous criticisms from someone who clearly knows nothing of Cinema.

Exactly. I don't know if is intentional or just him being lazy but I find it more infuriating that, say, the Starkiller.

"Daisy Ridley was charismatic as HELL in that movie!"
- Jay Bauman, 2016

Reminder that RLM's Patreon is tanking and they are terrified they might have to go back to filming weddings where they belong.

>rewatch botw over the holidays
>realize how much i miss jessi
>last appearance was an off camera comment

I hope she comes back this year

>cut to daisy ridley not being charismatic

Mike bringing the bantz

>mfw someone says R1 was bad

It's literally the second best Star Wars film.

Not their fault you fell for their bullshit, retard
>falling for the e-celeb meme
>ever

The starkiller is pretty bad too. Not because "lol its a deathstar clone" but because pacing is shit and it comes out of NOWHERE in the 3rd act.

Let's take a look at the original star wars:
>Film opens with rebels being attacked for stealing the death star plans
>First act is droids evading the empire because they have the death star plans, along with showing the bad guys on the death star discussing the death star and using it to blow up a planet
>Second act is rescuing the princess on the deathstar and escaping the station
>Third act is going back to blow up the deathstar
It's perfect. The ENTIRE MOVIE leads up to the 3rd act. The plot constantly revolves around the death star. The pacing is perfect.

Now look at TFA. Nobody talks about the starkiller base. It just sort of gets introduced at the end of the 2nd act when it comes out of nowhere and destroys 5 planets at once. It only plays a role in the 3rd act, with NOTHING in the movie until that point leading up to the SKB as being the climax. Hell, in the 3rd act when they resistance people are talking about going to destroy it, Han even just roles his eyes and says "HERE WE GO AGAIN, HOW DO I BLOW IT UP THIS TIME :DDD" like even the people in-universe don't give a fuck either.

And this isn't even the worst problem with the film by far. The worst problems are the shitty characters (who we're stuck with for an entire trilogy) and the fact that TFA's plot completely negates everything good and all character development of the main characters in the OT.

>YOR HON SOLO

I'm a Brit and even I couldn't stand this shit. There's been plenty of English actors in Star Wars and she's a good actor but in parts she was really bad in this.

It really wasnt that bad at all. At least it tried doing something different, unlike TFA: A New Hope 2.0

Your hit, on Jedha, it didn't work, my lord! And now you have my stormtroopers going around Scarif at 24 hours a day! How exactly is that supposed to help me retain command of the Death Star?

I agree. Fuck, I listed a number of reasons why the SK sucks yesterday and I forgot this gorilla in the room.
It comes out from fucking nowhere. No buildup for something so big.
Another evidence toward the fact that TFA is a Frankeinstein monster of at least two scripts, along with 2 versions of Kylo, Finn and Han.

So true. TFA was an incomplete mess of fanservice that was full of unanswered questions and led up to a massive cliffhanger and the whole thing was designed purely to force people to buy tickets for the next episode. It's fucking dogshit, barely even functions as a proper movie and RLM should be fucking ashamed to give even the slightest praise to this cashgrabbing garbage.

R1 = AN ACTUAL STAR WARS FILM
TFA = A MARVEL PRODUCT

It's really that simple! Fucking Christ even the film score was better than Williams' Episode 7 score and Giacuckold only took like a week to make it.

I don't even know what it is about her voice that makes it sound so grating. At first I thought it was just because she was a britbong chav cunt.

It does bug the hell out of me that the main character in a SW movie cast a britbong though. It was always the case that the elites/imperials/etc were the ones with british accents, and the scruffy backwater planet types and rebels were the ones with american accents. So who the fuck is this chav bitch?

Nice damage control.

That's just how brits sound.

I really enjoyed R1 (and hated TFA) but let's not kid ourselves on its nature and quality.

nah m8. RO is just an unnecessary, bland, and forgettable movie. It's inoffensive. I don't like it, but I also don't hate it. The fact that it exists doesn't bother me, per se. But TFA is just straight-up overtly bad. It actually pisses me off that this shit exists.

I guess the Gilchrist stuff is just too old now and Sup Forums is SO DESPERATE for drama surrounding RLM that you'll grasp at straws and try to turn them not liking a boring Star Wars movie into OMG ITS THE DEATH OF RED LETTER MEDIA

You faggots are predictable and pathetic.

I was terribly disappointed with the Plinkett review of TFA. So much so that I don't care about his opinion on stuff anymore. Even as entertainment.

Isn't the point of his reviews that he goes crazy in-depth an pinpoints every single little thing wrong with the movie? Or at least explains why obvious faults don't work?

Isn't his entire shtick that he's suppose to point out every instance of Mary Sue, horrible dialogue and poor acting? You know, like he did in 1-3?

Instead I got 90% of the TFA review with his continued explanation of why he didn't like PT.

I swear it felt like he barely touched the actual movie at all, and it just felt like his "extended thoughts" on 1-3.

The TFA review was bad because it was about the Prequels for an hour, TPM is almost 20 years old, get the fuck over it Mike

Now the R1 shit is pretty funny imo

the praise for shitty R1 on this board is much more embarassing if you ask me..

Idiot, don't you realize that if a movie makes more money, it's therefore a better movie?
eve though RLM constantly bashes studios for putting out shit-tier movies that are just designed to make money

Somehow assumed shouting at internet comments was beneath him, guess not. Maybe if I'd seen either of the new star wars movies/cared about them I'd view this differently.

>The TFA review was bad because it was about the Prequels for an hour
It's almost like it wasn't a TFA review or something.

But the prequels printed money too.

You sound like one of those moronic Star Wars fanboys that demands the exact same thing in every Star Wars movie, resulting in mediocre crap like Rogue One.