Little dark age discussion thread

Little dark age discussion thread

I'm never listening to this album thanks to this little stunt being pulled right now.

When You Die is perfect bros. I can't stop listening to it.

pretty much

YOU SAID IT TWICE

THIS

What's wrong with this stunt?

I wouldn't listen to MGMT in the first place btw

ugh so good

god i hope Sup Forums doesn't ruin this album

Too late

are you forgetting where you are?

10/10

Nobody gives a shit

GO FUCK YOURSELF

not listening to it
MGMT would have faded into obscurity in 2009 if art hoes weren't so persistently obsessed with Kids and Time to Pretend

Oracular Spectacular is their worst album. This is right behind Congratulations in terms of quality

Singles are much better than album

DOES ANYONE GOT THE 320KBPS RAR FOR THIS BAD BOY?

You must be some insufferable cunts

I like it, pretty sure anthony BLACKED fantano is going to hate it cause he cant get enough kanye west and memerap BBC in his mouth

Yet another boring rehash of 80s synthpop lol
No thank u

If you let Sup Forums ruin a masterful album you got serious problems, brosef

Me and michael is a JAM

Actually all the songs are.

LDA>MGMT>Oracular>congratulations

Fucking GOTY.

shills may fuck off

all the yellow posting made me listen to it, i like it its very very very good

why is mgmt getting shilled now, of all times?

Congratulations > LDA > MGMT > OS

cause the album came out today dummy

Little Dark Age is one of the best tracks to come out in recent memory

Congrats on marketing your shitty synthpop album here shills, too bad the songs worth a re-listen is the one Ariel Pink co-wrote which is apparently problematic to your liberal asses
>.Little Dark Age is both an expression of surprise and dismay to the current political and social climate with an occasional reference to their own personal lives. The triumph of Donald Trump being elected as President of the United States is where the inspiration came. Of the election, VanWyngarden stated, "We were like, 'Wow, is it actually possible for the most impossible thing to happen? [...] Apparently, we were more inspired to write pop music after evil took over the world."
Congrats on being the best of the worst politically charged bullshit music coming out since the last election. You've really done your masters at Columbia Records a swell job!
MGMT will never get a penny from me ever again and I was considering paying some stupid amount of money to go to their show in 3 months, you can kiss my ass goodbye you absolute cunts.

This. No one cares about this pleb shit.

proper ranking

why is this mediocre album being shilled here non stop?

First post best post as always
>btw
Stop spamming the catalog you fucking cunts

Almost every musician is a leftist faggot. Learn to divorce their music from their retarded politics

How many of you gave this shit a 5* on rym?

this. if you haven't learned this by now how long have you really been listening to music

GO FUCK YOURSELF

AOTY easily. It takes me back to the good ol days.

Friendly reminder that the political right will never truly understand music because of this

ayy 2 years ago when we were 15 skating at that park with all the other soy boys XDXdee

Haha ur a soyboy
Haha ur a cuck
Haha ur a numale
Got em

Oracular

I dont give a shit about their political affiliation, what i disagree with is bringing up "liberal enemy number 1" to cover up your generic piece of shit music half of which you had someone else basically make for you.
Also i am a professional musician so dont give me your "muh all musicians are liberal!" bullshit. Many musicians are not liberal to the "l" like music media and major label artists are since they have to keep up appearances because of their corporate model.

tldr, gtfo soyboy

still haven't listened to it
might give it a listen tonight

I don't care much for the cure and I have no interest in synthpop/post punk revival. If I want my fix of this kind of shit I'll go straight to the source and listen to something good from 1978-81. There's no original material here, just more derivative indie revival.

The fact that this boring ass album is better than most shit being pushed these days is testament to the state of music rn.

>literally 2 lines of text
>tldr
>trying this hard to fit in
Go back to twitter with this low effort marketing you cancerous shill.

You lost.
Get over it.

>Also i am a professional musician
Lmao
So this is actual jealousy

you need to calm down my friend, this is not the right way for a human being with a functional brain to behave.

>Almost every musician is a leftist faggot
Only because social media warriors scare and shame anyone with an ounce of different belief.

Not that user but we actually won and are winning. I can already see it 10-20 years down the road when we put all you commies and your nigger pets in camps and gas you

I make beats in FL studio since i was 13, now i am 16 and every saturday night i am DJ'ing at the best clubs in my area. I am not only a professional musician but also a genius.

Take a breather pal you seem tense

love the synth fills,
james is really good too
hand it over trips me out

I mean if you make music/art while also supporting a government that doesn't care about music/art .. kinda goofy lol

the current political/economic system is what allows the mainstream/top40 shit to thrive

big if true

Generation z is right wing. You are all cringy and literally gay as fuck and you are the no fun police and their parents. being right wing is how these kids are rebelling because the leftists are the ones telling them to do this and do that, say this and say that. You're fucked

true

Gen Z are a bunch of retard kids with no knowledge of politics or real world issues

>waaaaaaah muh politics in music
yeah we get it musicians are pretty liberal leaning in general. If you want some political free music I'm pretty sure theres some new memerap coming out, enjoy the BBC from anthony fantano approved music

>Generation z is right wing.
Lmao it's this meme again

Unironically maybe reported

Time Spent looking at my Boner

Talk to me when you're not a manlet

>Generation z is right wing

>Generation z is right wing
Loooool classic

This could have been MGMT’s last chance. The narrative around the duo is well known by now: College buddies stumble into a few fluke hits, capturing a generational mix of youthful exuberance and modern ennui. Then they rocket to stardom, only to spend the next two albums kicking against everything that fans, critics, and their record company expect of them. One look at their first three albums’ declining streaming numbers on Spotify—2013’s MGMT has just 4 percent the plays of their 2007 debut—confirms that the band’s fan base has steadily winnowed over the past 11 years, whether or not MGMT fully intended it.

>ME AND MICHAELLLLLLLL

just finished listening, it was bretty good. personally ive enjoyed the reaction on Sup Forums more than the album itself.

Thanks for the new copypasta.

They did.

WHo did what?

I did your mom

Go back to listening to Ted Nugget and country shit you faggot. The only vaguely political track on the entire album is Hand it Over. I'd say most of the album is a statement about technology being a cancer we can't rid ourselves of.

I don’t get it. It’s boring.

>Congrats on marketing your shitty synthpop album here shills, too bad the songs worth a re-listen is the one Ariel Pink co-wrote which is apparently problematic to your liberal asses
>Little Dark Age is both an expression of surprise and dismay to the current political and social climate with an occasional reference to their own personal lives. The triumph of Donald Trump being elected as President of the United States is where the inspiration came. Of the election, VanWyngarden stated, "We were like, 'Wow, is it actually possible for the most impossible thing to happen? [...] Apparently, we were more inspired to write pop music after evil took over the world."
>Congrats on being the best of the worst politically charged bullshit music coming out since the last election. You've really done your masters at Columbia Records a swell job!
>MGMT will never get a penny from me ever again and I was considering paying some stupid amount of money to go to their show in 3 months, you can kiss my ass goodbye you absolute cunts.

I'll always remember this as the day MGMT came on 4 chan and posted a bunch of Yellow memes to promote their new album.

Tfw I have a best friend called Michael who is the best person I know and for some reason legitimately likes me back despite my being a total fuckup.

It's good bros

GO FUCK YOURSELF

aaaaanywaaaay... I like the album a lot. Really funky and fun. Great melodies, wonderful synth tones. Not quite as amazing as Congratulations but still a really great album. 9/10

I wasn't complaining though, I will remember it fondly

Much better than Congrats

>9999
HOLY FUCKING SHIT user CAN I SUCK YOUR DICK

peak Sup Forums

>projecting this hard
Suck my dick you Columbianiggers
This kinda shit is exactly why ill never sign with a major and let you cunts ever take over my identity

I bought the preorder shirt

>sign with a major
implying you're not a 17 year old skipping school to spam Sup Forums

>implying signing a contract with Matador makes you any better
Go back to shilling TF in the /bc/ thread Will

unironically listening to this rn

Except the album is not political nor as any undertones of such. What affiliation the band has doesn't bother me as long as it's not overtly shoved into my face.

you know it's good if BLACKEDfork had to reluctantly give it a 7.0. 2018 is the year of the white man.