Imagine he actually learned how to fight with a good coach. Stopping MMA...

Imagine he actually learned how to fight with a good coach. Stopping MMA. Stopping this bullshit "trained by the internet" shit (gymnastics, HIIT, etc). Just real training. What would happen?

He would sell 150k PPV's like the rest of that dying sport's "stars".

In what? Boxing? He'd still lose because he doesn't have any punching power and is too old to learn the skills to be a decent boxer.

he'd still be Irish, which is one step above pond scum, would watch him get beaten by a negro again

>white people still on damage control

to be fair, endurance athletes have been using HIIT for years and years with corresponding results. mcgregor has 5+ trainers, i'm not sure what you're getting at with "trained by the internet." the problem, i would assume, is that MMA is not at all optimized, and training regimens therefore have to vary significantly w.r.t. each fighter.

if you're asking how he would do as a pure boxer, who knows or cares? it's impossible to know, and at this point, irrelevant. he'd probably fare at decently, considering he not only can take and deliver hits, but can keep up with a (retired) world champion for nearly 10 rounds. but how he would do if he made it his career is a question with no real answer.

at least we are people

Conor must start training by a proper training regimen, he has to start jogging at 6AM and skip rope and throw medicine ball until exhaustion.

>but can keep up with a (retired) world champion for nearly 10 rounds.

McGregor looked worse than a welterweight (domestic) British level fighter.
Let alone somebody who's actually his size.

Sam Eggington would walk right through him.

His stamina is not good, not for UFC and certainly not for 12 rounds.
He recovers well between the rounds but just gasses quickly.

Conor could improve but I doubt he can ever get his stamina fixed which would limit his level as a boxer greatly.

Especially once his body can no longer take those big weight cuts, imagine Conor vs Golovkin. You can consider McGregor lucky if he just goes down from punches, if he stiffens against the ropes he is in medical trouble.

Sorry, my first post on Sup Forums and I can't found general thread about MMA.
Pls help me, I lost picture - "The girl (10/10) looks under tshirt Nate Diaz's". Maybe anybody have ?

nothing.
no one really wants to see him fight again.
that's the problem with trash talk, as soon as you get your ass handed to you, interest in you vanishes.
McGregor got exposed as a hack boxer and by a fucking 40-year-old who hadn't fought in forever, and he made MMA look terrible.
MMA already has
super-low pay
athetes treated badly by the UFC
and CTE
making sure elite athletes never go near the sport.

And now Conor has made everyone in MMA look like pussies and incompetent idiots, several tiers below fucking boxers.
The UFC and MMA have been dying slowly since GSp and BRock alked , and dying pretty fast this year, and the Maweather fight is only going to speed up that process.
Our best went against their best and it was like the Patriots against your high school's football team.
He was to much of a lazy fuck to improve his cardio from the Diaz fight, he didn't bother to learn actual boxing and looked like he didn't even know the rules, sometimes. And now no other MMA guy will ever be takn seriously. People had a certain respect for MMA practitioners, and they don't have that respect anymore. That's going to affect peoples lives. Not Conor's, but other people's.
Well, it might affect Conor because no one but MMA fans want to see him fight again.

It made me laugh everytime he would say "I'm just a young and confident man" 29 is not young, if you compete in a lower level weight class you are already in the final phase of your career with 3 years left in you.

Before the fight he was called an amateur boxer and compared to various people on the British domestic pro scene and because of that everybody on /box/ was labelled an 'elitist' but if you watched AIBA this week you'd see he is amateur standard. He needs to work on punching technique, punch selection, learn the fundamentals. If he was training as a boxer they could improve his endurance for 12 rounds and he has the attitude to do it but he will never be able to compete with top level professionals. He would have needed to stick with boxing when he was 17.

I think Conor's stamina may have to do with nerves during a fight.

Like he forgets how to breath properly.

Anyway, the muh UFC different kind of endurance because of 5 rounds never made much sense to me.
Muay Thai fighters carry over extremely well to boxing and they only fight for 15 minutes, and I am not talking about being able to gradually become good boxers. I am talking about Thai fighters beating tough challengers on their debut.

UFC is more like WWE. They produce hype not necessarily the best fighters.

I fucking knew you fucks would try and shoehorn Conor into boxing after the fight. Get it through your skull, it was an exhibition fight, Floyd didn't take it seriously.

The most striking difference between Mayweather and McGregor was the athleticism. McGregor has slow hands and feet, slow reflexes, poor cardio, no power and poor coordination. He's a tough guy and clever enough to do the basics but he is not an elite athlete like a top boxer. The MMA talent pool is too small

>endurance athletes have been using HIIT for years and years with corresponding results
Nope.

>Muay Thai fighters carry over extremely well to boxing and they only fight for 15 minutes, and I am not talking about being able to gradually become good boxers. I am talking about Thai fighters beating tough challengers on their debut.

Muay Thai is Thailand's national sport so it attracts the creme de la creme of athletic talent. The best Muay Thai fighter will always be a better athlete than the best boxer in Thailand because that's where the money and prestige is. MMA on the other hand is a niche sport for white gymbros who take it up as a hobby rather than a career. If they had the talent to box, they would be boxing

Yeah I feel MMA will never have any really great fighters since it requires quite alot of stupidity to get into

>What if this tremendously hardworking fighter worked hard at fighting

aw jeez i dunno, win multiple championships in multiple weight classes and get 100 million paydays? A real mystery.

Why do you care about this faggot so much, there are better MMA fighters out there, who even watches the lower weights anyway, might as well watch ants fighting.

HURR DURR MCGOOBER THIS MCGOOBER THAT

I've been watching MMA for 10 years and I never bothered to watch more than one Aldo fight with his meme one dimensional close range brawling and Lightweight hasn't been good since Pettis turned shit, only Barbosa is great at fighting in that division but he has no chin.

Stephan Thompson is probably the best technical striker theres been in the UFC but you'd rather suck off this retarded Irish faggot because he beat up a few midgets and made Nate Diaz look good.

There's Jon Jones, but yea.

Maybe MMA is too much of a jack of all trades for their fighters to ever do well in other fighting sports, but they do seem to lack talent.

> If they had the talent to box, they would be boxing

Thought so, but sometimes I wonder if its really true.

For the past two months? Too late to ingrain anything in your muscle memory, he'd still gas out and forget to keep his hands up. Maybe he'd learn to jab with more snap and manage the clinch better, but he's still get finished by Floyd.

>manage the clinch better,

You know, I really thought that was the one area where we might see some innovation like Schaub and co. promised us, but he got totally out-wrestled

Imagine if you actually learned how to post from a PC. Stopping phoneposting. Stopping this reddit "i'm a fresh cunt" shit (meme athletes, garbage threads, etc). Just real posting. What would happen?

Can't last twelve rounds + no power to end a fight early = never beating anyone worth noting

>be white and couldn't care less about Goober
>have black friend who fancies himself rebel/unique individual and admires Conor saying, "He's what I imagine a real martial artist would look like if fighting in the UFC. He makes it look like a movie."

Oh, Germany, you.