Sup Forums loves a critically-acclaimed (by the mainstream) yet commercial, safe...

Sup Forums loves a critically-acclaimed (by the mainstream) yet commercial, safe, unintelligent pop album so they don't have to feel ashamed about listening to shit top 40 plebeian music

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Synthpop/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've never heard MGMT on the radio

woah so woke

I'm forced to actually listen to top 40s mainstream radio every day for 8 hours at work, LDA isn't it.

are you fucking serious? What age were you in 2008?

MGMT fucking sucks

hahaha turn on the fucking radio then you idiot

>commercial unintelligent pop
>top 40 plebeian music
what is the difference?

I only listen to field recordings of people grunting in public restrooms while defecating
Don't lump me in with these losers

that's all critics bud. and anyway no one really loves this, it's just decent inocuous psych compared to a generation of tryhards like tame impala.

no thanks

deluded or in denial thinking mgmt is somehow above mainstream trash

it isn't

Any recs? I'm serious

woAh dUde you'Re sO mUch smaRter thAn uS

What's your favorite album OP?

Ur post isn't really proving him wrong lol

>"radio friendly music is trash, r-right guys? i'm so patrician haha!"

>it is perfectly fine to listen to dumbed-down made-for-profit "music"! that doesn't make me dumb at all

I'm listening to it now

I mean it's OK but why is the board being spammed over it. I seriously don't understand.

Are we being raided by their label?

99% of music is made for profit dummy

This is the biggest flavor-of-the-month heap of stool I’ve ever seen on Sup Forums

you really are a faggot, huh

i'm glad someone gets it.
sad to see, most do not.
not really, not everyone dreams of becoming a rock/pop/rap/whatever star you know.

It started when I began posting image macro screencaps from the LDA single on YouTube, I consistently posted until the deak, that's when fellow anons started LDA posting too. Now the board is yellow like piss. Look what I've done. ;)

this but unironically

But every musician dreams of makin a living (profit) with music

>at this time of year
>at this time of day
>in this part of the country
>localized entirely within your kitchen

They dream of having an audience, everyone does. Even the most outsider of an artist wants this.

I heard you the first time

no they do not.

citation needed

Hurr Durr I only listen to le quirky godspeed emporer music fuck this le pop trash music

not really true either, some bands never play live, and some only release these private releases (limited to like 10 copies only, never gets repressed)

mainstream =/= pop

you can enjoy pop music while still acknowledging the simplicity of mainstream music

There is literally nothing wrong with pop, and you're silly if you refer to this as unintelligent.

Actual intelligent people don't give a shit about music. The highest IQ people I know, in the 150 to 160 range, like 19 year olds who graduated from MIT at 14, listen to pop or progressive rock

What is up with all these pre-emptive "why do you guys hate this album" posts? Fuck off already you autistic faggot.

Even if you release all your shit for free on bandcamp, you can't deny it feels good when someone actually pays money for your music, even if it's only a dollar.

theres better (synth)pop out there so
>unintelligent
isnt exactly wrong lol

not selling, giving it away for free on a fancy 12" or similar.

Name 4

I would never allow anyone to pay for my music and I refuse to write a melody or compose in 4/4 in order to get people to like my stuff.

only 4?
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Synthpop/

link your music

It's got some good tracks okay.
Is the song Little Dark Age getting radio play on top40s stations?

Chart rankings.

Mr. Bungle.

Indie hipster stations

Toronto's hipster radio station's recent songs

Ok you fucking leaf. What does that have to do with me never having heard them in America?

t. underrage

:^) sorry

Anyone who unironically takes an IQ test and thinks that there's any correlation between their score and their music preferences isn't anyone I'd want to listen to music with regardless of whether we share similar tastes or not

show yourself

take only what you need from me

no its not you fucking sperlord

LDA has been getting constant play on The Current here in Minneapolis for months
But they're a commercial-free indie station run by NPR so it's well in their normal wheelhouse

I think the label is going to try and push Me & Michael, expect to hear it in commercials by the summer

People were talking about it for a little before the leak, then now with the official release of course it's big. Every time a major artist that Sup Forums likes their music is spammed for a little while, especially when people can make a meme out of it.

>imagine dragons

Literally happens with every popular artists new albums.

Damn I guess it's time to delete all my neo-psych and pop records off my hard drive.

Pack it in lads, only hip hop, metal, and ambient from now on.

Same here, in Austria. The same 10 songs get played over and over and over... I don't need patrician music on the radio, but at least good, not overplayed one. I mean, there's plenty, and this album proves it.

this is a very controversial topic!!

You just outed yourself as a pleb kid

Mgmt was "commercial pop" for a year when their first album came out 10 years ago retard. If you think LDA is commercial you're delusional.