OH SHIT its a motherfucking Vikings thread!

OH SHIT its a motherfucking Vikings thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyrd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finally watching this to fill the void

Why do the saxons look like some shitty faction in GoT? Does it ever get good?

WATCH IT FLOKI

Reminder that Rollo literally did nothing wrong.

H-he's not really dead, right?

Ikr?

He finally made it.

Okay can some /his/fag answer me this:

I've read that one of the (very few) things that historians like about this show are the correctly portrayed army sizes. But imho they look way too small, they're more like small groups, especially in S1. Were the armies during that time really that small? I always thought medieval battles were a lot bigger in scale.

>cropping the crown out of the pic

intentional? Also, time for fishfu

i could only watch the first season because i was waiting for it to get good

it didn't. it's a fucking mess

that Ivar fella's a little creep, best son

Well, yes. What you're thinking about are Hollywood movies.

And to be honest, they did sometimes have bigger "armies" when the nobles raised levies. Basically peasants with whatever weapons that were availeable.

But in the period of the show (early medieval/literally the dark ages) nobles had, depending on their situation a few dozen men at arms.

Now after Ragnars death, the Great Heathen army of Norsemen came to Britain. They number in the tens of thousands. Then you'll see a war with levies, if this show ever goes there

Tell me of your sea raids, Usul.

I really want someone to do an edit of Ragnar's head in the sky in that scene from the lion king

F

>Polanski's her surname haha what a coincidence
>my face when

Friendly reminder that Torvi is best Vikingsfu, and that her ass game is Valhalla tier but they never show it.

Daily reminder that if you don't want lagertha to publicly castrate you with a dull knife then you don't know SHIT about television or film

Explains why she's hot and qt at the same time..

There were no standing armies back then. A small number of professional warriors followed Kings and Ealdormen, the number of which usually varied depending on how wealthy the man was, but generally most were part-time farmers who were called up in times of war.

Armies back then would have been in the hundreds. Logistically it would have been a huge undertaking to raise and sustain a large force, and even the big battles like Ashdown and Edington involved no more than a couple of thousand.

Jesus christ

She looks really evil though

She's a little bit foxy desu.

The ass was fat. i never knew.

imagine a threesome with them

>Studded Leather

guys what the heck im on no fap over here for new years pls stop ;-;

yay thankyou OP

Season 1 is a raid, mostly so it works.

Later battles seem to be accurately enough although the Saxon armour is ridiculous.

Don't think I agree with this user though, the 'great heathen army' could have only had 2k guys or even less than that.

This guy gives a good view on it and covers most of what I'd say. Although it's worth mentioning the Anglo-Saxon Fryd which provided a work around on the logistical issue for a short while

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyrd

>guys what the heck im on no fap over here for new years pls stop ;-;

HAHA

TIME FOR SCAPULAS

They probably have to hide it for the show, for fear of creating a rift between the 9 worlds, or a rift between my dick and focusing on the episode.

her bone structure is giving my bone structure, pls stop!

Good luck with that m8.

FUUUCK

Still wouldnt bone.Face too ugly.

i should close out of this thread right now

Fug

Suit yourself user, I'm just going to stretch over here for a second.

i .. i should just.. x out of the tab.. i'm definitely leaving

Someone post BRAAAAPPPP pasta.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Underrated fucking post

>mfw Ragnar

Always gets me.

The fuck are you talking about m8?

She has a full-on big-eyed angelic statue face, and she doesn't even wear makeup.

pls b gf

>ywn build nice boats then come home after a successful raid to this

But how are her feet?

This and this.Requesting pic of her feet right now.

Not sure, this is the best I can do right now.

Gotta go check the stash of Torvi pics.

IM LEAVING THE THREAD NOW AND YOU CANT STOP ME

IM DEFINITELY GOING NOW

>the Paris scene where she is giving an inspirational speech during a battle
I love 40k, so that got me a raging boner

For the love of god someone post the .webm of Lagertha wearing those socks.

Yeah, I can't find any feet pics, only leg pics.

This is the best I can do.

She likes to take lots of leg/booty pics, for some reason.

Why do gay men try to assess feminine beauty?

IM CALLING MY ISP AND TELLING THEM TO CUT MY SERVICE

Viking raids numbered like 100-3000 people.

That´s tiny compared to the army of the first Crusade which was like 35.000 strong

nvr 4get ;_;
her smugness for odin's table...

fantastic foot game for a 180cm girl

>180cm girl

>that magazine cover

fuck you Sup Forums

What does her length have to do with it?

she's a big girl

for you lol

Also, in case anyone was wondering her father is the one who makes the show and Helga is actually her sister, which is why they both look like each other.

these two are not good looking, would pass by in teh street and not even look twice.
pic related is the true vikingsfu

DUDE SNAKES LMAO!

I don't know about you but 1.80 isn't that tall is it?

DUDE SHEBOON ASS LMAO

Delete this.

kys cuck

Yasssss.

Who still has the webm of the uncut version of the episode with Lagertha/Ecbert/Athelstan in the bath?

I know one of you fucks has it... It's the one where her tits basically float in the water (but you never see anything).

>Everyone on Sup Forums saying the second half of this season has been boring shit
>Start finally watching
>Its actually pretty good and much better than the first half.

Fuck you guys, I like it.

He fucked her in every way possible.

>basically everything in the second part of season 4 has been nothing but interaction between Ragnar and others

Without him the show will be shit. I honestly don't like anyone alive there now besides Floki and he's not enough for me to keep on watching.

And the sons of Ragnar look like total spergs and they aren't draws

It's slower but intense and really wel made. I loved every second of Ragnar and Ecbert

Ragnar and Eckbert talking was literally better than anything else happening in this season so far

Give it time. Ivar is looking to be the most interesting one. The others still have some potential. This isn't some American shit show like Westworld or Walking Dead. These characters have flaws and behave like the young sons of a legend. Character development takes time.

Ragnar Ecbert bro time and Ragnars suffering in general is the most kino i've seen in a long time in television.
Travis Fimmel carried this shit so hard its unreal. I could literally watch a show him as old Ragnar, walking around and contemplating about life.

If only Ivar didn't have some retarded contact lenses that make his eyes glow like he's a mutant

Also Sigurd looks too much like a monkey version of Erlendur
Ubbe looks like a total sperg
Hvitserk is bland

I think Ivars eyes are supposed to parallel Ragnars eyes. There were scenes in earlier season where Ragnar also had deep blue eyes when he was planning shit. Other vikings also talked about the magic of Ragnar. But the showrunners just push it too much with Ivar.

I kind of like it to be honest.
They aren't some faggy boyband, they look like a bunch of pretty average fuckos.

The Ivar glowing eyeballs thing seems like they're just trying to drive home the point that he's Ragnar's protege.

What about fucking Rollo?

>Travis Fimmel carried this shit so hard its unreal. I could literally watch a show him as old Ragnar, walking around and contemplating about life.

This. I haven't found any character as individually compelling as Ragnar in any show I've ever watched. Travis alone is the reason Vikings shits on GoT.

>And yet still the 2 girls I know who watch the show say Rollo is the best character and most interesting.

Fucken fucks sake

Agreed. Individually none of the sons can rival what Ragnar did.

I like what Bjorn is becoming though

Raiding ain't free. The England gotta be litterd with the blood of Wessexians. Rollo aka "The Backstabber Supreme" is not my Duke. he is Frankia's bitch and probably Christian as well :DD. Ragnar and Lagertha not Rollo and Gisla ok. Praise Odin.

>vikings
>speaking modern british english
this is why as a history and linguistic autist I cant watch most history shit

If he really had some deeper contacts, I didn't even realize that. With Ivar it's so obvious and instantly catches your eye and makes it look like some shitty low budget movie.

How do you cope with Hamlet and Macbeth?

they flit between old norse, old french and old english when there are characters on screen who would not understand one another so language is addressed

It would be pretty fuckin niche if they did the entire series in old norse, old english and old french

>It would be pretty fuckin niche if they did the entire series in old norse, old english and old french
I wish there could be like some group that dubbed over every historical movie in its correct language + english subtitles.

>tfw I watched that netflix Rome show in Italian because its closest to latin.

He died like that irl.

Are they not the same character?

I hated latin back in school but a latin Rome dub sounds like absolute kino.