Would you be ok if it had no trailer?

Would you be ok if it had no trailer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But then what will we shitpost about?

It must be so shit or obviously an Empire ripoff

A lot of movies shouldn't have trailers. The comic con trailer completely spoiled and ruined BvS

Adam Driver was the only good thing about Ep 7.

Isaac doesn't count because he's a universal good so it goes without saying.

It's ESB Disneyized 2.0

Don't need a trailer

i wouldnt give a shit

star wars is cancer

I'd prefer no trailer. They often spoil details of the story. At best, they just create too much hype and cause people to go fucking crazy when they finally watch the movie. I'd prefer to go in totally blind not knowing a damn thing.

Of course, Disney would never do that. We're talking about loses of many millions of dollars if they don't advertise and the normies forget it exists.

I'd at least like a title though...

>it's an RLM predicts the future episode

>This new trilogy is just gonna be a remake of the old one
Are you autistic? Yea TFA is alot like New Hope but it was done so people whove never seen star wars before would like it theyre not gonna remake an entire franchise

>The comic con trailer completely spoiled and ruined BvS
In what way? By showing Doomsday? Fuck off.

You're a fucking boring cunt, cats.

I'd be ok with a cryptic nonspecific teaser like this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

A lot of those scenes weren't even in the movie.

If that new ghosbusters had decided to not release a trailer or a cast list it would have improved their box office numbers and caused a massive assblast.

Ah well, it would have been impossible, women can't keep their mouth shut.

But how else would they market the movie?

Hi Cloister you misogynist rapist.

There shouldn't make us pay for 'Star Wars: Episode 8' then, Says user

By putting triple the amount of posters everywhere, and making sure people see it says star wars on it

All the scenes were in the movie. They just used different takes for this trailer. Unlike Rogue One trailers, which did show scenes that were removed after the reshoots.

But yeah, this kind of short glimpses with no context trailer works pretty good to create interest and build hype. They should do more like this.

oh...

yes because then fanboys wouldn't be clogging up youtube with "TOP 493 THINGS YOU MISSED IN THE STAR WARS TRAILER"

I agree. I hope they only say do a teaser trailer which reveals some of the locations but no actors at all on display.

This would be fair enough

No you

By showing Doomsday, most of their fight, Wonder Woman, most of the senate scene, kryptonite, etc. Keep going or...?

TRULY STAR WARS IS SAVED

>Would you be ok if it had no trailer?
Sure, but then I most likely won't see it in the cinema, not for the first 3 months at least.

>most of their fight
Who's fight?

>Wonder Woman, most of the senate scene, kryptonite, etc.
You mean shit that would normally be in a goddamn trailer?

because he already said it's an Empire rip off.

Looking back, TFAs trailers were really trailers for the whole new trilogy. We got things like shots of the Knights of Ren, and even Luke voice lines that we wont even see a second of until episode 8.

It would be a marketing disaster to not release a trailer, but I would personally be fine with it. Maybe they can find a middleground and make all the marketing super crypitic

Youtube ruined trailers desu

I used to love seeing trailers when the only way to see them was from another movie, I paid attention, and most of all I cared. Having a footage of it somewhere makes people nitpicky.

now dont get me wrong, what we have now, its inevitable, its just they should adjust how they make the trailers to the current years, we dont have to see every single plot point in a 3 minute trailer, its supposed to be a preview, a tease, not 'heres a short summary of what youre about to see'

Yes, its coming out this year isn't it?

And with a film each year you don't really need to get HYPE.

>user takes it literally again

holy shit slashfilm still exists?

can we drop the whole movie while were at it?

>our movie is shit
>no trailer
>gib us monies or your mum will die

Trying to keep people from paying to see BvS was admirable as fuck.

The trailer is kino but the movie is trash, how

Wait is it the DARKEST one?
Oh man Plinkett will love it

>that avatar

>feels like

He didn't say it IS Empire did he autist?

I think they handled the Ep7 trailers really well since it indicated a completely different plot than what we got. And sort of "reverse spoiling" the film.

But it would be even better to not have any trailers at all.

I think movies should only have one, teaser-length trailer. Full trailers, let alone two or three, manage to cram bits & pieces of just about everything into them.

this

Why couldn't people just watch a new hope? Better question is who hasn't?

I don't watch trailers anyway. I usually find out about movies through positive reviews or hype, and I like going into movies knowing as little as possible

nah, they need an emotional and dramatic Carrie Fisher shot to bring more normies, twitter will explode.

Many people actually like having the movie spoiled. They just want to know what happens and simply seeing it happen in context is fine.

of course they're not going to flat out say it's a rip-off goy

No, it needs to have a trailer. What it doesn't need is tell the whole story, show all the scenes. I hate how trailer show too much now.

>it was done so people whove never seen star wars before would like

>like our movie cause it's like that other one

If that's the reason, it's a shitty one.

>it's a "fanboys don't understand that the movie has to be marketed to people who aren't thinking about star wars 24/7" episode

>MOst of episode 7 adams voice was extremly deep
>During his saber duel with Mary sue his voice sounded incredibly childish and high pitched "YOU NEED A TEACEHR!"

People have so little self-control that they can't abstain from watching a movie trailer if it exists. They are literally demanding the studio not release a trailer rather than just not watch it if they don't want to.

Forcing the herd of humanity to line up in order to laser tattoo the new Star Wars title in the back of their fucking eyelids like the retarded sheep they all are

Thats because hes trying to be intimidating at the beginning. By the end of the movie, during the lightsaber fight, Kylo is ready to lose his shit. He doesn't give a fuck anymore

It doesn't need a real trailer, it's Star Wars.

Just do this

>*Theme from an older, better star wars movie*
>STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII: TOTALLY NOT A REMAKE OF EPISODE V
>In theaters [Month] [Year]

there, that's your star wars trailer. People will go to see it no matter what, just tell them when it's coming out so they don't forget.

No trailer? What will I react to?

It didn't even mix up the order of scenes, it was just like a mini movie with no ending. It was actually really bad. It could have revealed Doomsday without detailing the entire synopsis of the movie.

I feel the same way, Watch the full trailer for TFA again, everytime see that thing it gets me hyped even after i saw the movie. and its cause the trailer doesnt show any of the movies glaring fuckups like death star 3 or kylos face. its the most disappointing movie ever made when looking at its trailer

Has a movie ever made $100+ million box office with little to no marketing?

I agree, I like what nolan does where he just plays the first 5 minutes, nothing is spoiled and actually makes you want to see it more

Absolutely. Movies need to go back to more vague trailers in general if they show any at all so there is still magic when you see it in theaters.

WTF am in supposed to react to on my youtube channel?

FUCK OFF

>caring about trailers
>watching trailers
>getting "hyped" for a trailer past the age of like 8

ISHYGDDT

>calling me put for getting hyped
Nigga do you know who you fuckin' with? Ice Cube is the lick West Side is the clique. Can't get enough of this gangsta shit

When I watched SW 7 it felt like I already knew half of the movie . I wouldn't complain if there was no trailer or any kind of plot info for it

>ctrl+f hype
>7 results

this board is doomed. Who the fuck gets "hyped" for a movie unless its a film from one of their favorite directors

lol no one would go see it without the hype train

Goddammit they better release a fucking trailer, I'm fucking hype and primed for endless shitposting

Why should they release a trailer?

They already know that they'd get masses of zombified Star Wars fans and under 18s to fill up the seats regardless.

Star Wars: The First Order Strikes Back

Fuck you nigger. I'll fuck your ass raw with my cock

Instead of Hoth, it will open with a battle of Mustafar because of ring poetry or some shit