Why did Kylo Ren kill this guy? This guy was owner of Luke's map, and almost certainly had seen it...

Why did Kylo Ren kill this guy? This guy was owner of Luke's map, and almost certainly had seen it. He spends the next hour of the film trying to track down the droid that has the map, only to abandon it when he realizes Rey has seen the map (he can mind extract it from her). Why didn't he just mind extract it from this dude?

JJ need to show Kylo was evil enough to kill someone so we get he's evil.
Totally unnecesary character.
Why did he had the map in the first place, why didn't he give it to the republic?
Did he knew about Rei?
They were in the same planet weren't they?
I mean the whole story with the droid was really unnecesary.

The main objective of Kylo should've been to track Rei as she's the daughter of Luke.
This oldman would be a protector of her, maybe Kyle Katarn or Kam Solusar.
The droid would've been sent by him to alert Rei to escape the planet.
The ending would be a rescue mission with no super weapon.
The resistance would be just the New Republic and the First Order would be a myth until this very moment.

He will probably end up being a silent watcher of Rey or some shit. Like he has Obi-Wan's role. They'll explore it more it in flashbacks.

When she touches the green lightsaber?

That's the blue lightsaber, from ESB. Anakin's old saber.

Daily reminder that Rey is being turned into a Sith Apprentice. The force vision was Rey's Padme.

Yeah that's what I mean she will have another flashback once he touches the green one.

>Why did Kylo Ren kill this guy?

If you didn't notice, he has anger management & impulse control issues that rival his grandfather's.

>1. Bad guys in Star Wars kill people, especially for questioning or failing them.
>2. Ren was pretty smug, he assumed he'd get it and he also had the pilot
>3. Hindsight is 20/20, but Ren is a Force user of the Dark Side, which is based on emotions, you can see them doing rash shit.

Ah, okay.

>JJ need to show Kylo was evil enough to kill someone so we get he's evil.
But then Poe quipped in his face, making him look like a buffoon.

why didn't he kill poe when he started pulling the "who talks first?" bullshit?

Poe is played by a young jewish guy that has to appear in all the movies while Max Von Sidow is and old gentile about to die.

Because he decided to mindrape with no lube him instead.

Kylo thinks and acts irrationally. Don't forget that

Lol

>tfa
>having a plot that makes any sense

I mean the plot was pretty simple. Get the thing to the people to save the galaxy and character actions and motivations are mostly clear.

I watched this part again today and they explain the plot in like 3 lines. Its stupid shit fuck.

Old Man: I know where you came from, before you called yourself Kylo Ren.

Ren: The map to Skywalker. We know you have found it.
And now you're going to give it to the First Order

Old Man: The First Order rose from the Dark Side, you did not.

Ren: I'll show u dark side

Old Man: bla bla, truth is in ur family.

Ren: *kills old faggot*

Also, I just realised that Kylo Ren is related to Luke.
Christ that took a long time.

>character actions and motivations are mostly clear

wew lad

why didn't he mindrape the old fart then?

Name one main character you don't know the motivation of and I will gladly explain it to you like a child

What didn't you get? I'm really asking. I'm not saying they're the best written characters in the realm of fiction, but i was never confused about why characters were doing what they did. Finn is probably the most inconsistent and under developed, and the story is one plot contrivance after another, but i could understand it.

Ew, gross

I was more bothered by how quickly they killed off his character. Why get von sydow if he's only going to have three lines and be irrelevant to the story beyond a confusing inciting incident?
Between him and isaac i was realy hopeful for TFA... for all of five minutes.