ITT: Albums that are absolutely carried by their title track

ITT: Albums that are absolutely carried by their title track

forgot Venus?

I mean, sure it is... But all tracks on the album are legit 10's so it doesn't matter that the title track is the best

embarrassing thread

That smells like teen spirit album

Bumping this shitty thread so OP has to keep living with the shame of its existence

you start, op

>What is Torn Curtain?
>what is Guiding Light
just two off the top of my head that are as good as Marquee Moon

Orion is the only half-decent track though

wait, the album is not called "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"

lol no

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space.

Awful post

why do people always say this? The title track is a top 5 song on the album sure and a great way to open it, but the rest of the album is amazing too.

honestly the worst opinion i've ever seen on Sup Forums, how can one man be so wrong

whole album is soy so it doesn't even matter

>carried
that track doesn't carry it though. the rest of the album is too dry to even get through.

Im not saying any of the other tracks are bad but c'mon, do you really think the album would have half the accolades it has if it weren't for that one track?

>why do people always say this?
I mean you're on a board that is going nuts over an MGMT album (of all things) and routinely goes nuts over whatever bullshit Animal Collective puts out.

Who really cares what people here say?

If someone doesn't understand I Think I'm In Love/Home of The Brave-The Individual/Cop Shoot Cop then what does it really say?

That they've been listening to too much Carly Rae Jepsen and Kanye West

dude what lmao

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Album stays consistent banger thtough and through. Television on the other hand is gay as fuck.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

You’re gay

No God Only Religion is amazing also

GO FUCK YOURSELF

absolutely, go and read any review of marquee moon, i doubt you'll find the title track is the track receiving all the praise. there are plenty of albums that are carried by one great song but marquee moon isn't one of them, it's main strength is the fact that the quality is so consistent from start to finish, i honestly dont understand how the best praise you can give songs like torn curtain or venus is that they're not bad, like damn i feel bad for you

I always thought that See No Evil was the popular track on this

by the way, this captcha bullshit needs to be fixed. I have to fill out 3 or 4 captchas every time I post because it's telling me I'm wrong when I'm not

Literally every track on that album is a 9-10/10. Marquee Moon just happens to be an 11/10

Not even

embarrassing

you should be ashamed of yourself

Marquee Moon is literally one of the most even and consistently great albums ever made. Not one less than great track.

Ya ever heard Guiding Light?

Marquee Moon is forgettable.

>why do people always say this?

Nobody else said it: it's a meme. Few years old now. Think it was originally "albums with only one good song" or something.

It's a meme that people started buying into.

Anyways it's so aggravating that 90% of the people on this board don't listen to anything outside of the Pitchfork canon and Spiritualized is a perfect example. Outside of LAGWAFIS and maybe Sweet Heart Sweet Light, no one here knows shit about Spiritualized, or what they're about

are you implying that people here should actually find and listen to music for themselves? what are you, a fucking retard?

You're with me though right? It's so fucking hard to actually discuss music on this board because no one here really seems to know anything about it outside of the same select artists, or one or two particular albums by certain artists.

It seems like no one here bothers to listen to music on their own.

yeah nah i agree, i love spiritualized and the only thread i've seen about them died after like one post. Sup Forums is pretty limited in scope and tends to either scorn or ignore anything that falls outside of that scope. it's pretty incredible how long this board has managed to discuss the same albums over and over again

Not even the best song on the 1st half

I agree with their other stuff but Ladies an Gentlemen is(was) Sup Forumscore

That's what I'm fucking saying. And how many people on here can discuss Spiritualized outside of that record? Not very many.

It's so fucking absurd.

I wouldn't mind if this never existed in the first place.

>14:55:45 No.77971183▶
>forgot Venus?
>>>
> Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)14:56:24 No.77971198▶
> (OP)
>I mean, sure it is... But all tracks on the album are legit 10's so it doesn't matt
That Johnny Jew song is top notch

>onymous 02/09/18(Fri)19:00:53 No.77976230▶
> (OP)
:55:45 No.77971183▶
>>forgot Venus?
>>>>
>> Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)14:56:24 No.77971198▶
>> (OP) (OP)
>>I mean, sure it is... But all tracks on the album are legit 10's so it doesn't matt
>That Johnny Jew song is top notch
uff but Ladies an Gentlemen is(was) Sup Forumscore
>>
Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)18:55:11 No.77976136▶
That's what I'm fucking saying. And how many people on here can discuss Spiritualized outside of that record? Not very many.

It's so fucking absurd.
>>
Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)18:55:13 No.77976137▶
>>
Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)19:00:53 No.77976230▶
(OP)
>forgot Venus?
>>>
> (OP) (OP)
>I mean, sure it is... But all tracks on the album are legit 10's so it doesn't matt

@uff but Ladies an Gentlemen is(was) Sup Forumscore
>>
Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)18:55:11 No.77976136▶

It's so fucking absurd.
>>
Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)18:55:13 No.77976137▶
>>
Anonymous 02/09/18(Fri)19:00:53 No.77976230▶
(OP)
>forgot Venus?
>>>
> (OP) (OP)

Disagree

whats going on Im scared

only 100% correct answer

is this a meme

molly hatchet - flirtin' with disaster