"You fought in the clone wars?"

"You fought in the clone wars?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cF3ocZu4cZo
youtu.be/-HmWDdmTAE8?t=2m19s
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sort of. Us Jedi stood back to back and had casual conversation while defending from droid laser shots. We cut them down like butter, they really were quite useless.

oh boy. another god damned star wars thread. what's wrong? did your picture and quote not fit into one of the 10 other star wars shitposting threads currently on the front page? so you just felt the need to make ANOTHER star wars thread. Holy fuck. Go to hell.

yes i fought in the shil wars.

What about the droidekas?

Hehe, good. Gooood. Let the hate flow through you

good friends all around, if severely underused in spite of their sick design

What about their attack on the Wookiees?

Communications?

negotiations

If you could build 10,000 battle droids or 100 droidekas, which would you build?

Luke, Did I ever tell you about the time when we were guarding a politician from Assassin's? it was night time in a high rise on Coruscant, A bounty Hunter called Jango Fett who had a jet pack who could have just jet packed himself up to the window and shot her hired another assassin who hired a flying droid who hired 2 poisonous centipedes to kill the politician. Luckily we detected the arthropods and killed them by dangerously waving the most dangerous hand held weapon in the galaxy at the politicians face. Then I jumped out the window to grab onto the hired droid who flew back to the hired assassin who got into her skycar and flew back to her employer. Then we caught her in a nightclub and cut her arm off, but she was fine, lightsabers immediately cauterize wounds so it's not like she would have bled to death or anything. Then we brought her outside into an alleyway but before she could tell us who hired her, the bounty hunter who hired her shot her with a poison dart instead of a blaster or thermal detonator then jet packed off. Luckily my friend who runs a 50's diner and is an expert on poison darts tracked the weapon to the bounty hunters planet and I set off in pursuit.

he was a good friend

W R E C K E D

IMAGINE

this is the single worst scene in Star Wars, I was honestly baffled by this moment when rewatching the film.

I think we have a new contender.

At least I can tell you NOW, what that stuff with droidekas was.
>"Force Speed" move, used in some games later on

what is happening on my shot, though???

>beams of light going faster than the speed of light

Really makes the noggin tick

Starkiller destroying the republic

are there some star wars experts? i recently watched star wars 1977 and i have few questions about that scene

How did all of civilization forget the Jedi existed when they were at their peak less than 60 years ago?

you should really think about killing yourself

lol why ?

1/2

2/2

>planets that close to each other
>beams of light traveling across the galaxy in a matter of minutes
>light smartly splits up and hits the planets
>core republic consists of 5-6 planets
I mean, I really didn't mind most shit in TFA and enjoyed the movie for what it was, but this scene was honestly insulting. This and that scene with the tentacle monsters in Han's ship were the most JJ Abramsesque scenes in the movie.

Double-bladed lightsaber is cool, admit it Sup Forums

It is. Most stuff in the Phantom Menace looks cool (except for that whole space battle&robots vs gungans shit) and could have been turned into a great SW movie if Lucas wasn't so autistic and unaware of his stupidity.

why 60?
20?

it was more of
>what am I looking at?
for me.

I'm still not sure. And the dialog made it even worse.

>Starkiller destroying the republic

It's like you though republic is a political entity, but no, it's actually A PLANET. Or 5.

And the funniest thing is that we only learn it was not Corsucant from outside sources, not the movie itself.

I hope they film Rogue Two ASAP to explain all that.

this is retarded

droideka deployed out of ball mode is sluggish as fuck and can be flanked easily

you do it all the time in the games, just get either to the side of them or behind them and whack em with the saber, boom dead. Fucking series can't follow its own logic

He ran out of Force Mana in the early part of the duel.

Based Star Wars, working the smarks into shoots

>but this scene was honestly insulting

Agreed. It is so fucking dumb and over the top that it isn't even believable.

I mean the death star is crazy, but you can sort of imagine a laser with a reactor that size being powerful. But this stupid shit is on a scale that people can't even comprehend or appreciate, and so it is just meaningless.

But Rogue Two will be about the Bothans, user.

yeah, he could barely force pull that lightsaber at the end of the duel with maul.

>And the funniest thing is that we only learn it was not Corsucant from outside sources, not the movie itself.
This. It's like JJ told the SFX team to "blow up that one city planet" as a jab to the prequels, but the writers caught on and rewrote it to be a completely different planet.

He used a fate point for an extra d6 force points to do that, duh.

To be fair, this is the first time they ever encountered Droidekas

That being said, that freshman-level Fx warp is unforgivable

>Master destroyer droids!
>first time
wat

but they knew the droid model names

even so, droidekas were never a threat outside of closed hallways so I guess it makes sense for them to run?

Jedi should've been dying out by the PT honestly. George should've made them an isolationist cult of warrior monks that lived on a remote planet and refused to engage with Republic politics or wars.

Do they actually run off that fast in the original take?

>closed hallways
i think this is indeed why they ran.
2x droidekas means 8 possible lasers coming at you at the same time.
Don't think Jedis can deflect that many.

yes, they are using "force sprint" or something like that

"Yes, i was once a Jedi knight like your father"

TECHNO

Good good..... Let the dark side flow through you....heh heh heh......

Luke did I ever tell you about sperm?
Sperm was a biological substance involved in the reproduction of certain species, during which it was often paired with ova.[1] In several species, sperm was produced by males and inserted into females. For instance, male sarlaccs attached to females as parasites and fed their sperm into their mates.[2] Females of the ghest species of the planet Rodia could even access the sperm of a dead male and self-inseminate, leading to the laying of fertilized eggs.[3] Among the gra species, genetic engineering by sentient beings was so extensive that gra sperm and ova were sold with instruction manuals.[1]

In other species, the same individual produced both sperm and eggs. For instance, the silicon-based shadow barnacle of the planet Coruscant released both egg seeds and sperm pollen into the atmosphere to reproduce.[2] Sperm was a good friend.

>gungans

Gungas

I know, I admitted as much

it just seemed sometimes like the CIS had dumbasses in charge of troop deployment or whatever so droids were walking bamboo sticks ready to be cut down. Send those punkass droids to planets without warrior races or whatever and subjugate the weaker people, then send your beefier droids to the frontlines on planets with actual warring factions etc.

fuck man the Saiyans had the right idea

We all know Lucas wanted to say niggas so he invented a word close enough.

huh, never noticed. Weird shit. Looks pretty bad.

I think the reason they didn't have armies of droidekas is because they were incredibly expensive.
Or that is at least what an user told me in another star wars thread one time.

But what about the fucking droid attack on the fucking Wookies?

many bothans died to r

nobody can understand wookies so fuck them

it looks better in the games, it wasn't so much a Sonic the hedgehog dash or whatever, but really long gaits, like they were leaping across the field really fast. I think Mace Windu does it in the clone wars cartoon

that makes sense, probably also explains why Magna Guards in the later movies were relegated to personal bodyguards or whatever, even though they were shown to be really effective against Jedi in the very same Clone Wars cartoon, damn that was a good cartoon

My nigroes.

You see it here about 3min in
youtube.com/watch?v=cF3ocZu4cZo

He's like taking really long strides, that's how it was in the games iirc

>How did all of civilization forget the Jedi existed when they were at their peak less than 60 years ago?

Even at the start of Phantom menace there were very few jedi and virtually no one new what their capabilities were. There are tens of thousands of worlds and the jedi were spread impossibly thin. Unless something bad happened to particular world it could be hundreds of years between jedi visits, and Jedi could mask their presence even if they were there.

The trade federation dominated multiple worlds and even they had never seen jedi in action before, and they seemed overwhelmed and terrified at the start of the film. The jedi even in their prime were almost a myth to the normal inhabitants of the galaxy.

Only high ranking senators in the republic like Bail Organa dealt with the jedi on a semi-regular basis.

As for the clone wars, most of the battles involved jedi vs droid with few witnesses. Jedi acted as commanders/generals or did covert missions.

Yes, indeed. In fact, I was the one who discovered the existence of a secret clone army. We called them the Clone Wars because we cloned and bred soldiers only for the purpose of battle. We literally cloned them, sped up their growth, and rushed them to the battlefield to meet their end. Also, they were all DNA copies of a bounty hunter who cloned himself a son, who is now by chance also a bounty hunter with a different colored suit.

I also may have led you to believe that the Jedi were an order that perished gradually in the face of dark, changing times, but the same clone army was the one that wiped us all out. At once. Every single Jedi except for me, Yoda, and perhaps a few others.

They were good friends.

IM THE SCATMAN

>Even at the start of Phantom menace there were very few jedi and virtually no one new what their capabilities were
>Anakin knew immediately what a lightsaber was
>Anakin knew who Jedi were
>Watto knew what a mind trick was and that Jedi used them
>he even knew the hand motion

Tattoine had unusually high jedi traffic due to Jabba the Hutt living there. Jabba had frequent run ins with Jedi in the past and said so himself in RoTJ.

>Sio-Bibble
>google
>mfw it's real and bi ba ba bada bo takes on a whole new memeing

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!

>Unless something bad happened to particular world it could be hundreds of years between jedi visits, and Jedi could mask their presence even if they were there.
>Tattoine had unusually high jedi traffic due to Jabba the Hutt living there.

Choose one and only one

I can FEEEEEEEL your anger...

That isn't contradictory.

"masking their presence" is one of the jedi mind tricks but some species are immune. Jabba specifically recognized the mind trick as did Watto. That confirms the high jedi traffic for that planet.

Well, most places would never have seen a Jedi before. I mean, there were probably less than 50,000 jedis and there are loads of planets so the chances of seeing them aren't that big.

And I don't think the Jedi are completely forgotten, just in places like Tattooine and Jakku which are back water shitholes

I'll never get why shit wars is so popular compared to other scifi shit like star trek.

Why didn't they build more of those instead?

>we need a line to tell the viewer obi-wan was a badass in his youth
>how about luke mentions a war?
>good idea. but we need give this war a futuristic name
>how about clone wars?
>'kay, fine. let's move on

>20 years later
>shit what are we gonna do with the clone wars?
>what clone wars?
>you know, that line luke says at the beginning of the first movie
>oh, right... lol let's make an army of bobba fetts xD

Wai a minute... why isn't the chair an hologram too?

Imperial officers regarded the force as an ancient religion

This is still retarded considering just how powerful the Jedi Knights were, if you consider the Force Speed they used to get away (I'm thinking Force Speed works more like what was represented in the Jedi Knight games, where you're actually warping spacetime around you so that you aren't sperg-sprint-leaping, but everything is slowed down around you). The Force is an energy field, yadda yadda, and Jedi get drained if they use too much of it too quickly. A simple back of the napkin calculation says that using the Force to knock the droids over or simply close their little shield projector flaps would have used far less energy than literally turning both of them in to the fucking Flash for a second.

>muh focus being broken by muh blaster shots

You mean to tell me that they needed to focus more to slap some droid with the Force than to literally bend reality in some sort of pseudo hyperspace bubble around themselves?

And why the fuck did Qui Gon's hair not catch fire?

"you fought in the nigger wars"?

Maybe the actual chair he's sitting on is smaller so its hologram is stuck inside the bigger chair in jedi council preventing you from seeing it?

>And then I cut his arms off quickly followed by his legs and left him there as a burning stump, surrounded by volcanic lava. He was a good friend.

"Yes, I was a famous general, like many other Jedi. Didn't you pay attention in history class?"

LMAO

me and my friends are laughing so hard at this comment rn haha

Star Trek is way too dorky even compared to Star Wars.

fuck off and don't let your shit spill to other boards where you ruin it

It's called Force ass hauling

Holograms make no fucking sense. Is the entire Jedi council being hologram'd for five-head? It seems you can pass in and out of the hologram's range, so why isn't the chair also hologram'd? When someone has a little hologram version of another person how is the person looking at the hologram being hologram'd? Is it just him looking down at the device? Just his head?

This shit fucked with my head when I was a kid.

Better than

>The Death Star has a weakness. Its the size of a womprat and a long a trench, its a suicide mission. Only reason we succeeded is because we have a fucking Jedi with the help of a force master. Lucky considering hes the last Jedi.

>30 years later.
>The flaw was intentional lol XD lel haha that all makes sense.

this was the only thing that really stood out in the movie as a flaw.

Don't forget

>The planets exploding can be seen from various points in the galaxy as if they were only moon-distance away :)

>It's like you though republic is a political entity, but no, it's actually A PLANET. Or 5.

youtu.be/-HmWDdmTAE8?t=2m19s

>It was the republic!

I like how they can instantly tell that "The Republic" has been destroyed. What a dumb movie.

Even with that design flaw, it might that you still needed force powers to actually target it.

>Hired 2 poisonous centipedes

Lol

Wait, shouldn't this have told Luke right away that Obi-Wan was a Jedi? The only people who fought for the Republic were clones and Jedi, and Obi-Wan clearly isn't a clone.

Someone get this hothead outta here

FORTY NINE TIMES

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair

Lots of jedi died in that pointless arena scene.