Is Tame Impala the most anticipated/popular band right now...

Is Tame Impala the most anticipated/popular band right now? What are you hoping for on the next album rumored to be released this year?

youtube.com/watch?v=RwaYflHAIGQ

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_soul
twitter.com/AnonBabble

On Sup Forums?
Fuck no.
Generally speaking? I'd say top 5 at least.

Personally, Currents is one of my favorite albums, however I don't want the new album to just be a rehash of the same stuff.
I'm hoping he keeps it fresh & interesting while maintaining quality.

I don't really expect it to be as good though to be honest, however as long as it's at least as good as innerspeaker or Lonerism I'll be happy.

More normie pop. I wish him luck in his ventures, but i'm not anticipating much.

Literally what are the most popular bands in the mainstream right now? It seems it's all hip-hop and pop nowdays. The only "band" I can think of is Imagine Dragons and I'm reluctant to call them a band because I'm still not sure they're even real. They could be entirely CGI and computer generated

My 12 year old sister likes 21 Pilots so I assume they're popular

Queens of the Stone Age
Foo Fighters
Weezer
Arcade Fire
off the top of my head

Well based on itunes.....

Little Dark Age got tagged as explicit for having two swears lmao?

Its apple, literally soy the company

I am looking forward to whatever Kevin brings but I just can't imagine him going anywhere new. He has always said his goal was big "cheesy" pop tracks and he seems to be there

he also said currents is unlistenable to him now, so hopefully maybe we will get something new and different

There is no source for this rumor.

Tame impala have done a very good job of being relevant in a time when garbage people keep gleefully announcing the death of rock and guitar music.
Most people on mu see them as a plebe band, arctic monkeys tier, reddit tier, something for the ho's on tumbler.
I dont really know where tame impla should go next. I think they have been on a hot streak and their next album will either cement them as something that is here to stay or something that will be all "lol remeber that band from the 2010's"

I dont know, maybe they should make some psychedelic soul music.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_soul

or maybe it would be interesting if they went a bit Primal Scream

If tame impala made some shit like Screamadelica they would be fooking legends.

>Noisia playing let it happen got me into them

Is this bad?

Groups aren't that mainstream anymore, some old groups still have a lot of clout (Radiohead, Coldplay, NIN, QOTSA, MGMT), but mostly rock-groups are a thing of the past now, contained to their own niches.
Only exceptions I can pull off the top of my head are already mentioned Imagine Dragons (guess crappy anthem-rock needs to exist in some way), Tame Impala, maaaaybe The 1975, and Chainsmokers, even though it's EDM-pop, but still a group

>If tame impala made some shit like Screamadelica
He's not capable

it's likely a rebuke for staying away from a conventional sound. I realize it's on a major label, but it's not an extremely marketable sound.
>inb4 a sperg comes along and says it's generic
it is to us, but not to regular people. Sup Forums has very little impact on the outside world and isn't representative of the general population.
this will hurt their sales, make no doubt about it. it's done to try and nudge the band towards the lowest common denominator so they can sell records.
Bob Denver's Rocky Mountain High got the Parental Advisory sticker. So did Zappa's Jazz from Hell, an album that was entirely instrumental. it's not about morality, it's about coercion.

tame impala, the 1975, Alabama shakes, imagine dragons, portugal the man, for some reason maroon five,

this has been a real garbage decade for rock and i blame EDM and that little faggot skrillx

Finally, someone on this board that shares my opinion! Damn it's taken forever to find!

I totally agree, though. I don't think it will live up to Currents, but as long as it's on par with the first two, I'm cool.

I'm wondering if his tracks with Mark Ronson and SZA are going to be on that album, or part of something else.

Fucking *source* me on that, please

Totally agreed that that would be fucking amazing

I'll defend The 1975. They graduated from your regular ol' high-school screamo band that did the occasional Coheed & Cambria cover into studied pop/rock that somehow blends all their influences together in a great way. Listening through their latest album is a treat in how a band that would have been considered 'rock' or at least 'alternative rock' in the past can be relevant. They remind me of Tears for Fears – electronic loops are often the base of their songs, but then they keep layering great melodies from either vox, instruments, or SFX on top.

Now the plethora of cringe-inducing groups that try to rip off the success of The 1975 by singing some random moody shit with that auto-tune chorus effect and/or using jangly bright guitar chords is a whole other story....that shit is terrible. I actually feel bad that The 1975 have to deal with both that (the abundance of attempted copycats) as well as their shitty mid-teens fanbase of vapid girls :/

oh fuck

i just thought of two more.

fun., and 21 pilots

I always forget about fun because their name is short and stupid and forgettable

gizz is 100000 times better

Wrong.

Currents > Flying Microtonal Banana > Lonerism > Innerspeaker = Nonagon Infinity > The Rest

No. Kevins gone full normie.

i just cant get into tame impala so i have to respectfully disagree

Sound and Color is fucking amazing you need to listen to it

i miss old portugal. the man

Currents was more uneven than Lonerism, but had higher highs.

Disciples is GOAT

hopefully he doesn't bother

chances are he wont surpass currents - there i no where he can go to better it. he simply doesn't have the talent.

I disagree - I think it's impeccably even. Lonerism has lower drops like Endors Toi, ...Backwards, and especially Nothing That Has Happened. I'd argue that besides Currents not having any tracks as weak as those, it doesn't have any drops in quality that sizeable from the great tracks around it, either.

Sound and Color is pretty good. Not great, but there's a few great tracks.

>Currents was more uneven than Lonerism, but had higher highs.
higher than keep on lying? nah

Eventually is the best Tame Impala track.

list of people

I like Currents but I hope its not the same exact sound. It already brushes on being a slightly more complex version of modern female pop music.
Dungen and SICK RIFFS have surpassed him in the innerspeaker style and has become sort of overrated for how much credit he gets

Fair, but I think it's the fact that he does the writing of all of the parts on his own that's the cool part about him

this guy gets it