ITT: Musicians who reinvented entire genres

I'll start

>Psychedelic music in general

tame impala didn't reinvent shit. the beatles and pink floyd did the same shit 60 years ago, just much better.

grimes reinvented synthpop

They're a Revolver era Beatles knock off. I mean come on. I understand you guys haven't listened to a whole lot of music, but I wonder if you're making this shit up on your own, or if someone is feeding it to you.

>reinvent

fuck off with that retarded shit

the jazz trio

God you are SO wrong

I love Tane Impala but Kevin draws a lot from The Beatles, The Doors, pretty much all the relevant rock groups of the 60s in his writing. His innovation is in his sound design, he consistently produces great sounding records, some of the best engineering I've heard from current artists.

Reinvented prog every decade from 60s to 00.Man on the left reinvented ambient music, man on the right shits on every other vurtuoso guitar player with creativity and inventions.

I'd say Todd Rundgren is a more apt comparison. Same emphasis on production/studio experimentation.

Also agree with this.

jazz comping and hard bop

the goat

Its interesting how everyone compares Kevin with The Beatles and John Lennon, yet he says that he has never listened to a full Beatles album. He's a big Cream fan tho.

>He's a big Cream fan tho.
even worse

>yet he says that he has never listened to a full Beatles album
Of course he says that.

Guitar music

This is possibly the dumbest shit I've read on this board. How is Tame Impala even close to being similar to The Beatles Revolver era? I would actually like an honest explanation.

Friendly reminder that prog wouldn't be what it is/was without Keith.

>*Impersonates John Lennon*
>"Hey kev you sound a bit like Lennon innit"
>I don't even listen to them

Lmao

i was gonna agree with the user you quoted, until i noticed you quoted him and i started laughing

>"Mate you sound like you're ripping off the beatles."
>"Yeah well fuck you I don't even know who the beatles are."

Weird considering they’re both the epitome of boring.

I mean, I love Grimesy. I think she is a true artist and a genius... but I don't think she reinvented any genre.

At least, not that I know of. There could be another album or two out there that she worked on that I don't know of yet. Like, some kind of cover album she did with some kinda of weird guy.