Motor/sp/ort General - Ken Squier Weekend Edition

Monster and Xfinity at Darlington this weekend
Truck Series is in Canada
IndyCar racing at Watkins Glen
F1 is at the Italian Grand Prix

Chase Elliott is gonna drive the No. 9 next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ECD1BMzmzg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSo7hxtOHJo&t=0s
fiawec.com/en/news/new-look-strengthened-fia-world-endurance-championship-for-the-future/5354
youtube.com/watch?v=RUQonFWElBI
youtube.com/watch?v=pw1-KB2cZnE
youtube.com/watch?v=imqy_K7sm_I
supertaikyu.com/sto/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017Stai5fujitimeschedule.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ulvuzr3NXlA
tarjetarojaonline.tv/rojadirecta/ver-tyc-sports-en-vivo.php#
youtube.com/watch?v=N5EefuJVXfg
youtube.com/watch?v=iQtHUzkXgOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KeryU1pg_eU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=0ECD1BMzmzg

shitty OP but it's all your guy's fault for letting the last one die

Sam Bass or Dupont/Hendrick's jews made them change the 24 Xfinity throwback scheme.

fuck nascar and this thread

Probably Hendrick. Sam Bass was retweeting it and saying it was one of his favourite throwbacks of the weekend. Sneak said he loved it and even gave them permission to use the yellow and black 24. Seems to be Hendrick.

Indycar practice 2 results.

>Busch not running a throwback
>It's the Caramel car

In b4 he wins and sucks all the fun out of the weekend

Why did the Jews at firestone decide to duck pagenaud this year

corporate approved mass amounts of throwbacks aren't fun anyway. ruins the point

First for Blaney's badass 'stache

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSo7hxtOHJo&t=0s

If watching NASCAR has taught me anything, it's that mustaches are directly correlated with racing talent.

whoa...whoa

I've actually had that conversation before. I personally enjoy throwback weekend but there is also the element of it being there to sell diecasts and T-Shirts.

(I'm buying the Earnhardt Jr. ACDelco one so I'm as guilty as everyone else)

kys

Also this weekend, we've got ARCA at DuQuoin, WEC at Mexico, PWC at COTA, Super Taikyu at Fuji

>winter WEC
Provisional 2018-19 WEC Schedule:
Spa-Francorchamps
24 Hours of Le Mans
Fuji Speedway
Shanghai
Jan 2019 – TBC
March 2019 – Sebring International Raceway
May 2019 – Spa-Francorchamps
June 2019 – 24 Hours of Le Mans

>Amazing news: Fuji Speedway announces that the #SuperTaikyu Fuji Super Tec 10 hours race will change into a 24 hours race in 2018! #S耐

24 hours of comfy taikyu o baby

>“It would be no surprise to hear that chassis manufacturers and US teams may have enquired about the possibility of a McLaren DPi effort.” said a source. “The reality is though that this is not a programme that is currently being looked at internally by the company.”
J-ej

>The major headline is the return of the Sebring 12 Hours, to be run as a second 12 hour race after the IMSA Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring on the same weekend. It will start at midnight after the conclusion of the IMSA 12 hours.
Wew

>The major headline is the return of the Sebring 12 Hours, to be run as a second 12 hour race after the IMSA Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring on the same weekend. It will start at midnight after the conclusion of the IMSA 12 hours.

I went from very excited to completely uninterested

But now you get 24 hours of Sebring you cretin

where the latter half of the race has less and completely different cars

no thank you

give me 80 cars at sebring instead

this

also toyota will made the decision about their future in the WEC in october

About as many cars will start the WEC race as will finish the IMSA race nerd.

>completely different
Read: better

>GTE-Am
>better than anything

sorry buddy but the only good class in WEC is GTE-Pro and that has about 8 cars

>The 12 Hours of Sebring will be a combined event with the IMSA WeatherTech Championship but two separate races will be held. From 10.00am to 10.00pm on Saturday, the IMSA WeatherTech race, and from 12 midnight to 12 noon Sunday the FIA WEC.

its a fucking 26 hour event

>From 2018/2019, and in the future, there will only be one category (and consequently one classification) in LMP1

>To make it as accessible as possible to join this category from the 2018-2019 season onwards, the level of performance of the current non-hybrid LMP1 regulations managed via equivalence of technologies will be aligned with the current LMP1 hybrid regulations.

>Each competitor entered in LMP1 will have the same potential of performance independent of the type engine power used. Very clearly there will always be a slight advantage for the hybrid engine in terms of autonomy related to lower fuel consumption.

>There will be no changes made to the current chassis regulations (only LMP1 chassis will be eligible) but to facilitate the access to LMP1, more choice and engine power options will be offered. Depending on the selected criteria, an Equivalence of Technology will be implemented between turbo compressed and normally aspirated engines (as done in the past between petrol and diesel).

thinking

mike affarano

Stupid lazy hue

rip stevenson

from leddit

>I am connected by proxy to this team, spent many races behind the wall with the crew and I heard the real story behind this closure. It was a complete blindside to everyone on the team and my heart goes out to the crew, the drivers and their families. To go out as unceremoniously as a pink slip during a season has got to be hard on all the guys and has left them scrambling. Many of the guys have been there since the inception of the team and I'm sure they are struggling with the fact that it is now over. It is easy to forget sometimes that behind every car out there on the track there are 10 - 15 guys and gals that make it run, and the fact that this team and the great group of people behind it all will have to go their separate ways is the biggest tragedy of it all.

>Money. Plain and simple. You look at what is going on in the WEC and even the merger with ALMS and Rolex series, the cost of the cars have been steadily rising. The fan base and viewership has been fairly stagnant, and when you are a mid-level team hoping to offset your 2 million dollar per year expenditure by sponsorships, the little exposure you will get from tv and at the races are really hard to get.

>I'm surprised Johnny went this long honestly. I worked for Stevenson for a few years during the Grand Am/ALMS days. He's a very nice guy but I was continually amazed he kept spending so much of his own money to do this.

>The crew guys deserved far more notice and compensation in my view. But I'm not surprised either.

>I've been on the phone the last couple days trying to find work for my friends. It's a bad time of the year for this kind of shit. But it's a risk you take in this business. It can happen to any team with out notice. Networking plays a huge part in racing. I myself keep an open ear to any potential job, because I've had the rug pulled out under me a few times.

>trying to throw WEC under the bus for the expense of racing completely unrelated cars in a completely unrelated series
Meanwhile Stephane Ratel is smiling and the Daytona office dudes that have made the most expensive schedule in sports car racing then extorted their entrants on top of that go unmentioned, ebin.

>buying shit instead of making your own

Good goyim.

The only real race car driver in NASCAR

you make your own t-shirts and diecast?

Stenhouse jr. is a classic NASCAR driver too, he could do with a stache

I have no desire to wear any of that shit, nor am I a child in need of a toy. However, IF I did want a shirt to wear to go to a race, then yes, I would make my own, and I'd make a car out of wood and paint it as opposed to feeding the greedy money grubbing Jew merchandising scum that exploit 3rd world nigger manufacturing to sell you cheap ass "memorabilia" for inflated prices in order to enrich themselves off the fame of others.

okay

>to be run as a second 12 hour race after the IMSA Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring on the same weekend. It will start at midnight after the conclusion of the IMSA 12 hours.
literally wat

High probability of rain in the forecast for both the trucks and Indy on Sunday. Slight chance of a shower/t-storm Saturday for Xfinity, and no rain in the forecast for Cup.

K..KEEP ME POSTED

inb4 IMSA does a does a 24 hour race right after the 24 Hours of Le Mans at Le mans.

Goddamn Barcelona starts at 2:30am. Europe should be on America time.

It's Labor Day so it's the Big Go.

Funny Cars may break 340 mph for the first time - probably the last big barrier for any of the fuel classes (Hight ran 3.793 at Brainerd so FC in the 3.70's has been done)

>as if defending manchildren buying toys and t-shirts of other grown men isn't among the most fedora-tier shit you can do

Did they just kill WEC yesterday? Although it also was fun to see all the British being mad because they have no Silverstone in the calendar

Reminder that Silverstone is 7h from Spa and 7.5h from Le Mans while Austin is 18h from Sebring.

>Jan 2019 – TBC
return to sandown pls

fiawec.com/en/news/new-look-strengthened-fia-world-endurance-championship-for-the-future/5354

How much rain? Any chance we race on wet tires at the Glen?

youtube.com/watch?v=RUQonFWElBI

Final minutes of VLN6 at the burger king

>IMSA
Kicks ACO in the teeth and takes over LeMans

Indycar 3rd practice at Watkins Glen soon. 10:30am ET
youtube.com/watch?v=pw1-KB2cZnE

This is making me want to buy a Miata
Looks fun

Lots of talk about rain at the Glen tomorrow. Seems like a certainty

Xfinity Qualifying

youtube.com/watch?v=imqy_K7sm_I

Still don't understand why KCMG is sponsoring Brandon Jones

Hamlin
Harvick
Hemric
Custard
Ty Dillon

leading the Xfinity field to the green flag later today

Did they just show a graphic that said "Jeff Gordon 1993" and show his 1998 car?

Super Taikyu's Fuji 10 hour is tonight
motor/sp/ort's favorite gravure idol is back once again.

supertaikyu.com/sto/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017Stai5fujitimeschedule.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ulvuzr3NXlA

For both Mosport and Watkins Glen the rain showers are forecast to end somewhere right around the green flag, so there's a possibility that we get a wet start transitioning into a dry race in both races.

HMS cars 18-19-20-21 out of 22 cars. Yikes...

What went wrong bros?

sandbagging

Jimmie's 3 wins are his only top 5s of the season. 5 kinda fell into a win when the good cars crashed. 24 has prolly shown the most consistent speed, but honestly the entire organization has been shit this year.

I think the manufacturer is the worst of the 3, but Ganassi is putting HMS engines on his chassis and routinely outrunning Rick's cars.

INDYCAR QUALIFYING IS ON NOW

Xfinity race thread Xfinity race thread Get in here, boys, and bring your rags.

>strengthened

t-t-thanks aco

hello where is the schedule??

Alexander Rossi denied Scott Dixon pole position for Watkins Glen.

OP is an faggot

>Mark Martin eternally just behind Jeff Gordon

jimmie does the same thing every season, he'll knock out the wins he needs to get into the playoffs/chase early on then just cruise the rest of the regular season.

pls watch our race

stream super TC 2000 night
tarjetarojaonline.tv/rojadirecta/ver-tyc-sports-en-vivo.php#

Start now

Started a while ago if anyone wants to watch

WEC basically sudokus til 2020. New schedule is fucking retarded.

perro estorbo

link us when Turismo Carretera and Turismo Nacional are on lionel

Based

the sebring double header sounds pretty fuckin cool though.

>imsa races saturday 10am-10pm, wec races 12 midnight sunday to 12 noon

There is literally a 100% chance of rain tomorrow. It will be wet.

This pleases me

based SUPER TAIKYU with the lifelike graphics

I watch STaiTV for the production value

Sorry Brazil, I couldn't sleep after falling in love with that girl last time I watched so I can't do it again

There are 5 hours of racing left user... Do it for her

>talking about Hitomi in a swimsuit on stream

wish i knew Japanese tßh

wait with 12+12hr of sebring it means we might see some drivers racing for 24hrs plus practice sessions and qualifying and all the other stuff they need to do in a race weekend

At Le Mans (and other 24h races) some drivers compete both in the main race and in the support races, so that's not unusual.

Anyone got a WEC stream?

>Money. Plain and simple. ... The fan base and viewership has been fairly stagnant, and when you are a mid-level team hoping to offset your 2 million dollar per year expenditure by sponsorships, the little exposure you will get from tv and at the races are really hard to get.

Well if the viewership was never there to potentially support the costs then why the fuck did you get in at that price? Nobody made you to buy that bunch of GT3D shit when your Camaros wore out.

This Indy lights race is kino

Final Indy Lights Race this year.
youtube.com/watch?v=N5EefuJVXfg

Indycar broadcast begins 12pm ET.

Why don't they give the IndyCars starters and reverse gears? Works fine here

muh PWR

/indy/

Who 6 hours of Mexico? Someone make a thread.

Its worth the money to just buy in desu the app is good.

fececa9cb9cd2882a80f49158cfb9ae5820178a2

youtube.com/watch?v=iQtHUzkXgOQ

GOD BLESS AMERICA

youtube.com/watch?v=KeryU1pg_eU