It seems like year by year this album gets more respected...

It seems like year by year this album gets more respected. It's only a matter of time before Sup Forums accepts it as one of their children.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOuSxal8pf4
youtube.com/watch?v=UZ9FTsqc8cA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>edgy teen emoshit
no

Its not 2011 anymore, user. Its time to accept MCR as musical gods.

it's a genuinely pretty great album
not my favorite from the hot topic-era emo pop movement, but pretty solid

10/10. I ironically one of the greatest rock releases ever. I can’t wait to see further and further acclaim for it. It really deserves it.

Except it’s not (just) that.

Under the cork tree by fall out boy was pretty solid too desu

>look mommy i insulted some famous record, now Sup Forumstants will accept me as a patrician xd

do not judge an album by the fanbase of the band

not as great as black parade, but a completely legitmately good band. i have a feeling appreciation will swing back around to them some day

I meant unironically one of the greatest rock releases.

Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to Fuck Bees", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself..

fpbp

As a huge MCR Defener back in the day this makes me pleased. They really got hit with too much undeserved bile.

I was in junior high when my chemical romance were big. Teen boys didnt like MCR because they were kind of faggy. Their biggest fans were nerdy fat girls, the type that wrote bad fan fiction and liked yaoi.

I liked Gerard as a person, because he is a really creative person MCR definitely has their own distinct style. And Gerard has multiple talents, before MCR he made comics and tried to be an animator .

Retrospectively the music they made was good pop rock. It was the misfits meet cheap trick.

They were a good rock band, they had a distinct style and you still remember them. One of the earliest mu meme's was based on them

They probably dropped off the face of the earth at a good time, they had run out of creative juice, emo died, and gerard was getting old.

I think if they ever do come back they should do a mature depeche mode type of thing.
Sort of make their own version of violator.

All those fan girls grew up and they should too.

One of my favorite video and covers was the one they did for desolation row.

youtube.com/watch?v=FOuSxal8pf4

Not from me anyway, worst vocals in Pop-Punk.

Criminally underrated why its not Sup Forumscore by now I'll never understand

The absolute state of plebs.

Black parade was leagues better

Bought it in middle school and has always been a personal favorite. I was a pretty insecure cunt about it around high school and denied that I ever enjoyed them.
God I hate myself

Do you like Kanye West? I've been a big fan of him ever since the release of his 2007 album, Graduation. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Graduation where, uh, Kanye' presence became more apparent. I think Flashing Lights was his undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Kanye and Dwele. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Can't Tell Me Nothing. In this song, Kanye West addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Stronger is the most moving pop song of the 2000s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. New Kanye West' career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like All Of the Lights and, uh, Hold my Liquor. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Kanye West works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Lost in the World, a great, great song, a personal favorite..

I hated when my friends played it in 8th grade and I hate it now, except Helena and I’m Not Okay. Why did they have to break up after making Danger Days, their best album by far?

Gerard sounds like he's dying for a glass of water, what are you on?

I acknowledge MCR deserve more respect than they got but I still don't really like this album. Black Parade was better and even that I'm indifferent towards

Great album, had their best songs kn it, but as an LP it pales in comparison to Bullets and Black Parade desu. I'm Not Okay and Ghost of You are my absolute favorite songs from them

your favourite mcr album depends on how old you were when it came out

they are not actually good you just like it because of nostalgia from a particular age

Get a load of this pleb

Can confirm, was born in '97 and can't understand why millennials like that crap.

3cfsr>>>>>>>>>>>>>bp

I have no nostalgia for this band

this shit dont sound too bad!
youtube.com/watch?v=UZ9FTsqc8cA

black parade and danger days are solid 8-10's depending on the weather

Who else here decked out their Myspace with MCR gifs?

because every year the people who enjoyed it are getting old enough to post on this board

>implying they are over 18