Star Wars isn't mysterious anymore

Will Disney ruin Star Wars's mystique by releasing a new movie every year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Pw563opc
youtube.com/watch?v=_rWciV_WBh8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Star Wars
>mystique

Star Wars lost all mystique when the fucking animated clone wars cartoon had a 2 part episode that was basically fucking Godzilla on Coruscant.

Fuck off

No I'm sure the jews who own Disney won't be swayed by desire for easy money

I'm sure 569896839480926 novels, cartoons, videogames, comics, and other merchandise didn't do it already

you dont spend $4 billion and not want 3 times that back.

I hate that feel, but it isn't only towards Star Wars.
Fuck autists that want to explain every single detail.

the Prequels killed all the mystery. not sure what further damage Disney can do

Was that during the Lucas period or after Disney?

It's easy to ignore the TV shows. I mentioned in another thread that Star Wars used to be special because you still had a minimum of three years between films, even if they were shit films. Now it's once a year with constant marketing and buzz for nine months priors and two months afterward. Star Wars wasn't talked about in the mainstream in 2000 or 2001, same with 2003 and 2004. We had cooldown periods. Any special quality it had is gone when you pump it dry like Capeshit.

It's not autists, it's normies

I'd like to explore her alien world, if you catch my drift

They were just some neat fantasy movies from the eigthies... Why do they have to ruin everything?

There have been games, books, tv shows, and other stuff every year for decades. How does a movie ruin anything?

The only way would be to have a scene visualizing "seeing through force" in some next one.

Mark my words, it will happen

Not just "a movie", it's a movie every year. As the other user said, it's easy to ignore the extras when there are cooldown periods when people can forget about Star Wars. And when you have to wait until it becomes mainstream again.

(books, comics and games aren't mainstream enough like live action movies, is what I mean)

>have centuries of potential stories
>focus on nothing but regurgitating the OT
Who woul;d've thought Disney would do more damage to the canon than Lucas Special Editions autism

campbell's has ruined the mystery of tomato soup

>from the eigthies
>posts clip from the 70s
what did he mean by this?

>not the entire storyarc about Palpatine deregulating the banks

>binary sunset.webm
>doesn't show the binary sunset
what did he mean by this?

give me a break you memers

>Will Disney ruin Star Wars's mystique by releasing a new movie every year?

Nah, prequels destroyed any mystique Star Wars had left with that 'midichlorians' bullshit.

When people say Rebels and The Clone Wars are good they are just memeing or trying to prank you into watching them, right?

Disney will remake/retell the prequels for the new canon and have the 'star wars stories' released in alternate years like rogue one that are about the old republic.

you know it's gonna happen.

shut the fuck up tripfag

>The only non jedi to kill Jedi in the franchise are Jango and his clones

KINO

There's so much that's fucked up with this clip.

>EVERYTHING IS CGI. Lee is literally staring at a ball on a stick for the entire scene.
>Despite this, the "set" still looks like complete paper mache dog shit.
>His costume looks like a bad Amazon purchase
>Lee's expression as he desperately tries to realise Lucas' masterful vision whilst surrounded completely by green sheets.
>Random Jedi decides to leap next to him and just stand there for a few seconds despite him having the high ground and there being a dude with a gun not 4 feet away.
>FX department aren't even pretending Lee and Fett are in the same room with the fucked up perspective.
>The queer as fuck "I AM RAD AS FUCK KIDS" gunslinger spinning (considered a good trick in other parts of the galaxy, but not here)
>Lee finishing the scene looking confused as fuck again and wondering why he put himself through this.

All that in eight seconds. Jesus fucking Christ George.

Except this scene is full of droids killing Jedis. Grevious also killed several Jedi.

Grievous?

>Lee finishing the scene looking confused as fuck again and wondering why he put himself through this.
Kek. Never noticed that.

The entire scene he looks very unsure of what to do. Like Lucas gave him no direction and he was forced to wing it with one cut.

if the force tree rumor is true, then disney's lore will be even shittier than the prequel lore

Pretty sure that both Clone Wars shows were overseen by Lucas, the new Rebels show is Disney.

Thank God Disney took over, now the EU is in safe hands, webm related.

Yeah but he wrote off the first show when he realised that Gendy had basically done his own thing and made some way better than anything he'd done lately

>spinning is actually a good trick
bravo Lucas

jesus christ

Yes.

>tfw no anakin bf who hates sand

Considering that's physically impossible, what's the damage control apologist autist explanation for it?
Force levitation + spinning the sabers only to look cool?

>what's the damage control apologist autist explanation for it?
I'll try:

It's a fucking cartoon.

That's the opposite of what I asked for. What's the in-universe explanation that makes sense out of this scene that is now canon?

L...Lucas' vision...c...create...creativity

i-i don't get it?
i feel like you're trying to berate ep2, but i don't see what's wrong with this scene?

Nothing. Ep. 2 was good.

Jengo Fett confirmed as the pre-carnation of Robocop.

youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Pw563opc

>Star Wars wasn't talked about in the mainstream in 2000 or 2001, same with 2003 and 2004. We had cooldown periods. Any special quality it had is gone when you pump it dry like Capeshit.

Plus there were other things going on to take the heat off of it, like the Matrix. But now, the only real competition is Disney's superhero movies, which feel just like Disney's Star Wars movies.

IIRC it's that there's some kind of anti-gravity technology in the handle, the same kind that makes other stuff hover in Star Wars. It's still really fucking stupid either way, just give them jetpacks if you want them to fly.

The biggest part is after TPM everyone wanted to forget it was made thus they didn't talk about it.

Sup Forums doesn't seem to understand how much more well-received TFA was than TPM by audiences.

>a children's TV show is dumb
No shit.

KOTOR WAS AMAZING

I CAN NEVER FORGET THOSE DAYS

BASTILA MY LOVE I WILL SAVE YOU

WHY THEY DON'T MAKE MOVIES LIKE KOTOR?

Yeah it was pretty good. I mean, the romance scenes were shit and dragged, but otherwise it was solid

>people taking out lightsabers
Again, I'm confused... what's wrong with this scene?

>Asian Jedi girl
>"hiya!"

fucking ruined the scene with her campiness

who is she fighting

>mysterious

That kind of got fucked with the whole midichlorians thing.

Kill yourself.

i couldn't possibly tell you out of context

>if you don't agree with me you should kill yourself
what's it like being literally tumblr?

Jesus this is Youtube fan movie tier

what and why are those things hopping around?
also, one of those things just went, "fuck this, i'm going airborne"
i'm not a star wars guy, but that was sad, pathetic

>i couldn't possibly tell you out of context
the entire web is there you faggot

this scene is kino

looks like a refn movie for the first 10 seconds

>what and why are those things hopping around?
it's explained in context

my bad
in the whole webm she's clearly just stretching her muscles and warming up, preparing for a fight
i don't understand why this makes you upset?

Kill yourself.

Star Wars is a corporate-made product.

It's shit now. Get over it.

see

George at ILM
>you guys the door to Palpatine office?
>yes George, what about it.
>replaced with a 2D painting of it.
>o-okay, but it's going to look weird, 3D wold be better.
>You can barely notice it, and we're going to save $513,
>b-but
George leaves the room

damn it.
>you guys *know

is the squid guy cgi? i cant tell. it looks like a costume

Exploring is not hte same as explaining.

The EU has always been thebest part of star wars, we're just getting big budget versions of that.

This Star Wars is about as mysterious as a 1st grade math test.

>implying the Zillo beast wasn't based as fuck

That has to be a WIP shot. There's just no way....

Back when you were 12 years old you weren't paying attention to those details. Star Wars should always be for 12 year olds.

That doesn't explain why it needs to spin like a helicopter blade to take off...

Wrong.

Filoni said the inquisiter blades contain repulser lift thingymajigs that enabled them to fly

the official explanation given by the creators was a built in repulsor lift in the saber hilt

ALSO PURE KINO

>i don't see what's wrong with this scene?

that's so absolutely retarded what the fuck

it's a kids show get over yourself

B-b-but my adult friends watch it and love it

So do my adult friends and they weren't complaining about that.

How do I learn to enjoy children's TV shows as an adult like our friends do?

By accepting it's a kid show not an AMC TV series.

honestly if you don't like it that's fine. no one is forcing you to like it. i think the creators did go too far with the inquisitor sabers but that's not why i like the show

that wasn't funny? maybe it needs sound

Kill yourself.

see

Bastila was a bitch from start to finish

see
>111

see

zilo beast was cool

Well, are they good friends?

is his gun on a string? lol it just sort of floats away

force kick

Yes, same with plebquels.
Stick with OT, RO and even Ep VII, and you'll be fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=_rWciV_WBh8