Have movies become obsolete?

Have movies become obsolete?

Other urls found in this thread:

cracked.com/blog/5-things-video-games-do-better-than-any-other-forms-art_p2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. 95% of games are shit. Even "artistic" games are mediocre compared to the best of movies.

>he hasn't played Quantum Break

It feels like a movie, has live action TV show episodes that play depending on your actions as Aiden Gilles himself, and is kino to the core.

This

Plus Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Alan Wake, Uncharted series, Max Payne, Quantum Break, etc; have all outshone movies today in every way.

>95% of games are shit.
Do you expect to be taken seriously?

that statement only shows what kind of """quality""" cinema you watch retard

No, there will always be plebs who prefer to be passive observers of art rather than active agents

The Last of Us was The Road with some gender-tinkering and the best parts of TWD.

Don't forget Beyond Two Souls that stars Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.

not an argument

>Heavy Rain

Lmao. When will the 'David Cage is good' meme end?

Anyone who plays video games obviously has low intellect and shitty standards.
The best video games are barely at capeshit level.

Butthurt go back to playing Battlefield and COD kiddo

Calling something derivative is a pretty salient criticism.

>Have movies become obsolete?
>picks a game with some of the worst controls and meme gameplay ever devised

No

Yeah sorry. 100% of games are shit. And the western AAA trash are written by Hollywood failed scriptwriters (Amy Hennig)

This is correct.

Games with good stories are only remotely impressive because they're games

a Last of Us movie would be so fucking generic and boring and you know it, same with Uncharted, or Heavy Rain, or whatever.

Why do Sup Forumsedditors always come to Sup Forums for approval? Are they scared of actual art boards like /lit/ and Sup Forums that they haven't infected yet with pleb sensibilities?

/thread

OBSOLETE
B
S
O
L
E
T
E

Go back to playing a game where the child actors in an American city are blatantly played by French actors. Go back to a game where a woman who is nearly raped and murdered twice in one day tries to seduce a clearly mentally unsettled father going through grief. Go back to trying to explain the logic of a game where you can read a character's mind and they don't once mention the fact that they are a child murderer through out the game.

Yeah okay bud. Enjoy your trash posturing as art.

Show me one game that is better than either of these 5 films

Vargtimmen
Harakiri
The red shoes
RAN
The conversation

Naughty Dog are the only ones who do the movie game well I feel. They are very derivative conceptually but I don't see how the writing and performances for the characters are worse than the typical mainstream movie.

You can call the last of us an average zombie movie but in terms of the character interactions it's a lot stronger than most film entries in that genre.

>Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain was quite immersive.

Go back to Haloico

It's really shit outside of the novelty factor it had when it came out. It's like if somebody who was literally retarded tried to write a David Fincher style thriller movie.

You can't be serious.

Bump

Of course.
Videogames are objectively far superior than film, or any other medium for that matter. It's the ultimate form of art.
It explores not only one story but many at the same time, while movies just offer you just one.

t. Skyrimcuck

I'm sorry you're butthurt. Maybe BF1 is more suited for you.

the best description of that piece of shit i have heard

Damn, how can movies... hell, how can paintings even compete?

All vidya fags must fucking hang

The possibilities are endless.

I thought Beyond Two Souls was really immersive and emotional.

I kept rejecting Ryan and at the very end I finally told him I'd be his then I cucked him by killing myself.

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

The Witcher 3

samefag

Can you explore in movies? didn't think so.

Not when literally all creative work is derivative

cracked.com/blog/5-things-video-games-do-better-than-any-other-forms-art_p2/
>cracked
makes you think

But what really makes you think is that he denounced this whole thing when redditgate happened. How can you post something made by such a flake?

Yep

Prometheusfags btfo

Try watching some good movies for once. Your autistic form of entertainment leeches off television and film content that's produced for bottom-tier populace.

Bloodborne is better.

Movies today are shit. Fuck off with your TFA.

Really stimulates your grey matter.