I listened to this for the first time recently and i can't stop...

I listened to this for the first time recently and i can't stop, i completely understand why this album is so praised now. What a great piece of music. You can really hear the influence they had on so many artists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Before this thread gets torn apart by contrarians, I agree. Dark Side of the Moon is a fantastic album. Meddle, Wish You Were Here, and Animals are the best Pink Floyd albums though. As good as you might think DSOTM is now, you have just begun your journey.

it's great but it does get old very quickly, it just starts getting bland and boring honestly
also the wall and meddle are just better

oh yeah I've been listening to their discography, everything is so great. One of those bands who absolutely deserve the praise they get

WE

There needs to be a fucking vetting process before people start posting here.

It's fucking DSOTM. Everyone's listened to it. This isn't contributing to the fucking board in the least. Pink Floyd has been discussed to death for decades. This isn't the right place for you.

Epic

Rapfags are worse for this board than this post. So go focus your rage on them and leave this person alone

I love me some Pink but literally can’t get through Dogs without yawning and/or checking my watch.

Do you like Kanye West? I've been a big fan of him ever since the release of his 2007 album, Graduation. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Graduation where, uh, Kanye' presence became more apparent. I think Flashing Lights was his undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Kanye and Dwele. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Can't Tell Me Nothing. In this song, Kanye West addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Stronger is the most moving pop song of the 2000s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. New Kanye West' career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like All Of the Lights and, uh, Hold my Liquor. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Kanye West works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Lost in the World, a great, great song, a personal favorite..

I remember listening to Isis (something of Oceanic probably) and thinking how you could easily mistake it for the beginning of Time. Never took Pink Floyd seriously before that.
youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

name every instrument on the album without looking it up, I dare you

I think there needs to be a process in which we can weed out the burnt out contrarians who disregard popular music. You don't realize that there is a brand new young generation that is hearing some of these "essential" albums for the first time. It's interesting watching their progression, but it's hindered by people like you who likely discourage people from listening to the classically popular albums in favor of obscure albums.

nigger

WUZ RACISTS N SHIT

go make another mumble rap thread Alex

So hows high school treating you edgy mcedgeface

Not a huge fan of DSOTM and it's far from a perfect album, but I can't deny that The Great Gig in the Sky, Us and Them and Brain Damage are god level songs

Saucerful of Secrets is better

This is true, but I can't deny the religious experience that I used to have with DSotM

Animals > Meddle > Wish You Were Here > Dark Side of the Moon > Atom Heart Mother > Saucerful of Secrets > Obscured by Clouds > The Wall > *

SoS > WYWH > DSotM > Animals > AHM > PatGoD > ObC = Meddle > Ummagumma > TER (yes, everything else is worse) > The Wall > TDB > More > TFC=AMLoR (I don't know wich one I hate more)

nice yeIIow

Animals > WYWH > Meddle > Wall > Piper > DSOTM > Obscured > Saucerful > AHM >>> Umma > More >>> TFC > AMLIOR > TER > TDB

Are you 16 ? Jesus Christ.

No.

This is just absurd.

No.

Friendo... I thought we were friends.

>This is just absurd.
Just because I didn't put Ummagumma at number one? :^)

Congratulations on your first beyond-top40 music album, user!

I can disagree with my friends.

That is a small part of it.

I was . Can you show me the error of my ways?

Set The Controls is the only real space-rock song thats ever existed

What's Astronomy Domine then?

this