Prequels erased from existance in disney's episode VII

>prequels erased from existance in disney's episode VII
>yfw they made them canon again in rogue one

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Smits
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disney cherry picks anything passable it sees in the old continuity. They brought Rakata Prime, Malachor, and probably Revan into the canon because those from the few gems of the EU. They brought Jimmy Smitts back because Jimmy Smitts is a cool guy and one of the few actors in the prequels that didn't suck uncontrollable amounts of penis.

Jimmy had like what, 3 minutes of total screentime across all 3 prequels? Hardly an important player.

How did they erase them from existence? Non of the prequel trilogy was retconned in VII

It doesn't matter. He played his role well and is a nice guy in real life and in the movie. There's no reason to recast him.

It wasn't a hard retcon like the EU. but they more or less said that they would not bring or mention the prequels because of how poorly recieved they were.

So he's like the Hispanic benevolent politician version of Boba Fett in the prequels?

Yeah sure, someone of the highest grossing films of all time were poorly received. It's only a handful of extremely loud neckbeards who hate the prequels. The rest of the world thinks they are enjoyable films

Go to bed, George.

The only thing erased by Disney, outside of RLM credibility, was the EU and they pretty much pick and choose stuff from there too, like Thrawn.

were you born when the prequels were released, my friend? they were widely ridiculed back then too

R1 is not canon

>It's only canon if I like it

fucking kek'd

um excuse me wtf r u doin

What is the point of his character beyond being called "Organa"?

>but they more or less said

Clearly more less, cause they never said anything like it. It was just daydreams of people who can't get over the fact that some movies about space wizards weren't up to snuff to previous movies about space wizards. Disney couldn't care less about internet crybabies who still bitch about shit that happened 17 years ago. Money is their god, and money gives no fucks.

>100% of all currently released Disney prequels have a prequel reference, easter egg or cameo

>mfw nearly everything in the EU was retconned to be no longer canon

Goes to show again why TFA was shit.

VII had no reason to reference the prequels since it was like 50 years removed from them.

I love Disney for doing that.

Wookiepeedia autists BTFO.

Is that Miguel from Dexter season 3?

I haven't seen a single Star Wars movie but I think I know that guy from Dexter season 3.

the first order officer mentions the clone army, something about recruits like Finn vs clones

Is Jizz still canon

Clones were mentioned in A New Hope.

To explain why Leia wasn't called Leia Skywalker I guess.

>mfw the EU was erased so Didney could rebuild it from scratch from all the shittiest parts

member Alderaan? i member.

Ewan Mcgregor makes a cameo as Obi-wan's voice.

>mfw the EU was either Dragon Ball Z levels of shit or stupid shit like jizz and "the comfiest chair ever designed"

true but most people think about the prequels when they hear the word clones

It's him.

>bring in Ian McDowell to voice O.B. Wong in a drug flashback that Ray has
>Disney hates the prequels and they arent canon

Haha wow great work

Jimmy Smits has a long career in tv/film

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Smits

>Assblasted wookiepedia contributor detected

This makes me infinitely happy to read

What? What on God's green Earth gave you the impression I was a fan of either you fucking retard?

The EU was shit and Disney has commissioned it's own custom brand of shit in its place. I was overjoyed at the EU's decommissioning at first but what we've got now is Disney playing corrupt a wish with every promising thing they started out doing.

anything is better than the EU.

anything.

>mfw 7th clone of the emperor casts blackhole
>mfw tyranid invasion

(You)

>>prequels erased from existance in disney's episode VII
Why does this meme keep persist they were going to bring back Haeden for ep VII and they brought back Ewan to record some Obi-wan dialouge.

>the first order officer mentions the clone army

Kylo Ren was the one who mentions clones, suggesting Hux's trained-from-infancy troops might be better off replaced by them. Because, you know, Vader had clone troops and anything Vader ever did, Kylo Ren approves of wholeheartedly.

the fuck

>they were going to bring back Haeden for ep VII

Retard, they paid $4 billion for the property. They're not going to ditch half of it. Prequel stuff is everywhere

The actual fuck is this webm?

>they eliminated kotor to make this new lore

Lay the foundation of the rebellion in other stuff i guess

Dude, The Simpson's were cracking jokes about how disappointing The Phantom Menace was back in 2001. The prequels have had shit flung at them since release, and for very good reason. They're not good movies.

damn

>using the simpsons to prove your point
fucking millenial amerifats

prequels to the prequels when

i'd watch a qui gon jinn learning to use the force from yoda trilogy

>Clones were mentioned in A New Hope.
Yes, and from that one throwaway line we got half the idiotic shit from the prequels.

They had no more idea what a clone was when they wrote that line than they did what a parsec was.