Is Istanbul the best and most magnificent city of the whole middle east ?

Is Istanbul the best and most magnificent city of the whole middle east ?

Redpill me on Istanbul. Doesn't everyone hate Turks?

If it wasn't for the war it would be Sanaa

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

>what is Jerusalem

awesome is this in yemen

Unironically yes
Not comparable

Not saying that's not a beautiful city or anything, but if you're going to go with the "if not for the war" argument wouldn't Beirut or Damascus make better choices?

Yeah.
I like their architecture, it's unique.

why is ayyrab filth bombing this? are they envy of yemen
?

Beirut has no war.
and personally I think Levantine cities try to look western too much instead of adopting their style.

GCC only likes Monarchies.

Isn't Levantine has always been more western influenced compared to Arab peninsula?

yes thats true. egyptians as well

This doesnt look western influenced at all

ahh you guys mean architecture. well no laventines arent western in architecture at all.

Beirut does look like a war zone compared to what it once was tho, and Levantine cities were the most celebrated in the West, that's true, but they have no less antiquity or beauty than anything else in the region. The peninsula has nothing pre-20th century outside of Yemen that isn't an archeological sit, Mecca and Medina no longer exist as historical cities. Baghdad, Tehran or Cairo are also posible candidates. Istambul is a hard one to beat, I'm not sure OP isn't right.

No, Constantinople is

Not saying it is, just want to get the thread going

Aren't Baghdad and Tehran basically modern (and dirty) cities that have nothing historical or incredible to give except some ruins that are really in a bad state ?

Cairo could rival Istanbul if it wasn't a city full of trash and annoying crazy people

Ive always been into Mudejar but it appears levantine is pretty great as well, can someone post some books or links about the theme if you have them? Im getting pretty interested into it.

I think this one is from Syria iirc

Istanbul is not in the middle east, Alberto

Best cities in the world:

1. Sarajevo
2. Istanbul
3. London

Nice trips
You're left with the levantine cities then, because as charming as Sana'a may be it isn't competition for Istambul.

>London
Isnt london being rebuilt into modernist souless trash? Didnt they tear down this old cute train station there to rebuild it with modernist trash? And I have heard most of the population was against that as well.

>Didnt they tear down this old cute train station there to rebuild it with modernist trash? And I have heard most of the population was against that as well.
Don't know what you're talking about.

*Constantinople

Beautiful, looks like they stuck in Islamic Golden Age

Baghdad is war torn
Tehran isn't the historic-cultural capital of Iran; that would be Esfahan, the place looks pretty nice and green

>posts a christian building
lol

well
you just listed shitholes. well i dont know about sarajevo
in terms of beauty or magnificence, neither of those are the best
paris, florence, some shit like that

What the heck are you saying, it would perfectly fit in Florence.

Actually it wouldn't, big giveaway tends to be the shape of the arcs

Istanbul is European you fucktard.

Are you some sort of death freak? Cause going to Sarajevo and seeing the magnificient national library building riddled through with bulletholes and signs of shelling was not my idea of a fun time.

Sure thing hun

Is that Santa Croce?

This

Yes, and the Duomo itself also has Moorish style arches, it doesn't make typical of Western architecture.

>our entire landscape and sky is tan let's make literally all our buildings the same

why

>moorish style arches
Those arches were typical of early levantine christians, notably from lebanon and syria and were adopted by the arabs who still hired those levantine christians to build them, moors as a people, IE the people from mauretania, had no architecture prior to the islamic invasion since they were nomads.

Yes

The use of marble facade reminds me to typical medieval northern ME buildings, though of course still different

Istanbul is 10% nice beautiful touristy areas and 90% kurdish concrete ghettos.

Baghdad is on of the most influential cities throughout history AFAIK
That also includes the ancient cities it was build upon or build next to