Why didn't Obi Wan just use Force Speed to save Qui Gon?

Why didn't Obi Wan just use Force Speed to save Qui Gon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg
youtube.com/watch?v=8l-44bYXlxE
youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ
youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q?t=158
youtu.be/9DI8kkR9G0Q?t=1m2s
youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg

Qui-Gon why are you just lying there? that's like the lowest ground you could possibly have.

Welp that ends this thread I guess

Why dont Force users realize their Telekinesis is a better weapon than their laser sticks?

Why did Grievous stroke Shaak-Ti's hair?

At that time he was but the learner and not yet the master.

Is this in the extended edition or something?

deleted scene

A better question is what purpose did all of those walls serve?

They, like most things in the prequels, feel like something right out of a video game. A hallway full of temporary walls that open and close in a sequential pattern? That's an obstacle you see in video games. What practical purpose would they have served at all?

hate to break it to ya, but that ain't hair

I always wondered why he decided to cut that scene out

The Emperor realized that in Return of the Jedi, he even says so. Too bad they gave him a laser stick in the prequels.

I used to think that the swords were just the weapons of Jedi KNIGHTS who were following a cultural/honorable tradition from ancient times, while there were other types of Jedi and force users who would just stick to magic. Darth Vader, I assumed, used a sword because he's a fallen Jedi Knight sticking to his old knight habits.

Of course, that's all bullshit now that we've seen what the Jedi order was like in the prequels -- every Jedi, even the small children padawans, have laser swords!

Why didn't Obi-wan just save Anakin's mother from being raped to death?

Why didn't Qui-Gon just wait for Obi-Wan?

For a supposed wise Jedi master he did a lot of stupid things.

Almost like he was drunk.

That's why his name is Qui-Gon Gin.

Why didn't Obi Wan and Qui Gon use Force Hold Your Breath when they swam down to the Goonga sea world?

It is not the Jedi way

He didn't put any points into force speed.

Everyone laughed when he put half of his skill points into "Strike from below"

Because Obi Wan is a Jedi Guardian and put all of his talents into combat talents.

At most he had Force Persuasion and Mind Trick. His only other Force Power is Force Leap which he obviously couldn't do because ray shields.

youtube.com/watch?v=8l-44bYXlxE

then what is he stroking

it's a phallus

Because it's fucking stupid

>lol rubbing my eyebrow means spin around and cut a hole in the floor to escape

That was a bad..

...Mistake

This. Also the force becomes so ridiculous I dont even know why they bother using lightsabers, Qui Gon could simply have pushed Maul in the pit.

Funnily enough, that little exchange between Anakin and Obi Wan added more to their friendship than all other scenes in the prequels.

Fucking kill yourself my man with your shitty RLM inspired opinion. Nowhere in the OT did it suggest that only Jedi Knights used Lightsabers. I bet you think stormtroopers are clones and that Jedi didnt wear robes too.

The whole point of Anakin's downfall was that he was unable to remain completely detached like a Jedi should be.
Them showing perfect detachment by barely reacting to the death of their good friend Shaak-Ti and immediately making quips goes against that.

>Nowhere in the OT did it suggest that only Jedi Knights used Lightsabers
Your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.

maul disrupted his movements

I have answered this dozens of times now.

THE GOD DANG FLOOR IS TOO SHEENY, WHICH MEANS HE WOULD ZOOM OFF THE EDGE SINCE HE WONT BE ABLE TO STOP!

jeepers use your brain lad, the sheen and slipper noises made it obvious. If Obi wan went off the edge the whole story would be messed up. Dont speed up if you cant slow down.

Where in that quote does it state that Jedi Masters and Sith don't use lightsabers? I'll wait since Obi-Wan was clearly a Jedi Master and had a lightsaber.

Changing goal posts. Sith was a term that never existed in the OT. I don't think "Jedi Master" did either.

You said the OT suggested that only Jedi Knights used sabers and the quote I use heavily suggests that.

He used Force Speed earlier in the film.

>This is a weapon of a Jedi Knight
>thinks this heavily suggests lightsabers were restricted to jedi knights only, implying Lucas had thought up all the ranks and titles of jedis back then

Okay pal

Why don't jedis and sith just force push each other over cliffs and ledges so they fall to their death?

>This is a weapon of a Jedi Knight
>This suggests only Jedi Kinghts used them
Yes. It does. Be wrong somewhere else.

There is a video game called Jedi Power Battles. It literally has a puzzle room full of those walls that you have to figure out how to advance past.

bullshit, when?

Except it doesn't. It's literally your own interpretation which doesn't make it wrong or right, in fact neither of us can be right about it since all we are basing this off of is implications.

No kill yourself fool
Force users can brace themselves against each others force powers if they have similar knowlege of the force. This board's stupidity never fails to amaze me.

>Force users can brace themselves against each others force powers if they have similar knowlege of the force. This board's stupidity never fails to amaze me.
>you guys are stupid read the non-canon EU!

Except that's stupid, they didn't ram into walls when they used it in the commander ship

>This board's stupidity never fails to amaze me.
>Guise why don't you know all this inane crap about star wars I mean come on haven't you read the books and comics and wikipedia entires that explain this shit?

Maybe cause some people have only watched the movies and aren't autists who demand everyone else know the ins and outs of a fucking sci-fi series.

not an argument

>uses non-canon information to talk about canon issues
>gets called out on it
>claims that isn't an argument
Yes yes, well done, shitposter, well done

HOWEVER

>You people are stupid for not knowing this
>Why should we know it when we've only watched the movies? This is a television and film board you can't expect everyone to have read the books and gain extra knowledge because you did that.
>NOT AN ARGUMENT LEAVE ME ALONE RREEEEEEEEEE

THAN DONT ASK A FUCKING QUESTION IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO LOOK FOR THE ANSWERS!!!!

>You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your JEDI weapon.

He says it condescendingly. Attacking the Emperor with a lightsaber is like running at a guy with an AK-47 with a katana. By some miracle you might be able to kill him. But really you just look like a retard and you're probably going to die.

still not an argument

What the fuck is wrong with neo/tv/ this is shit you would know if you watched the movies. Notice how Yoda and Dooku and Sheev couldn't settle their contests with mere knowlege of the force because they could defend against each others force attacks.

Name one scene where Yoda/Dooku/Sheev fought and used the force push on each other and it didn't work because the other had the knowledge to resist it.

>tfw it's been 10 years
WHERE DID THE TIME GO

If there was only a time that such a series of walls would have been useful to prevent some lucky hoser from shooting a beam directly into your generator.

not an argument

i'm glad you agree with me

not an argument

I would enjoy sucking on those

youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ

Why would they try something they know would not work? Once again you prove how stupid and lacking of critical thinking user.

MACHINED

>headcanon

>Dooku throws stuff at Yoda
>uses lightning
>no force push

Read my request again please

>they didn't do it so obviously that means they knew it wouldn't work
>trying this hard to justify your "reasoning"

Come on now, just admit there's no real reason shown in the movies.

Is Sup Forums the only board that brags about being casuals like its some kind of badge of honor?

they were there to prevent force speed accidents

hola reddit

Who's bragging?

when they escape from the droidekas

youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q?t=158

Nah never been there
Ok here

Literally none of those posts are bragging about being a casual, it's just people wondering how someone who only watched the movies is supposed to know everything about the force and whatnot.

>are you kidding me ? They have superspeed what are they the quicksilver brothers ?

I chuckled

>if you don't read non-canon EU shit you''re a casual!

I am starting to think you are a casual as well for supporting the defending of casuals.

just gonna leave this here

youtu.be/9DI8kkR9G0Q?t=1m2s

Hello Beddit! That isnt how you greentext.
Yes you are a fucking casual because how the force works hasn't been changed between old and new canon. The clone wars cartoon has plenty of examples of Jedi resisting force pushes from each other and that is canon casual scum.

And I'm starting to think you are one of the people those "casuals" were talking with who stopped posting once you realized your responses only had to do with the eu and not the actual canon films.

and this is the weapon of a samurai
>unsheathes katana

welp ig knights and roman legionaries are precluded from ever using them now

>getting so butthurt at multiple people destroying your anus you start lashing out at random anons

You should probably take a break from Sup Forums or at least this thread

The clone wars cartoons are canon and they show Anakin resisting Ventress force push now kill yourself casual idiot.

>all this mad that people haven't watched your cartoons and don't have a complete grasp at how the force works
>being THIS bootyblasted

Are all star wars fans this autistic and childish?

>Yes you are a fucking casual because how the force works hasn't been changed between old and new canon. The clone wars cartoon has plenty of examples of Jedi resisting force pushes from each other and that is canon casual scum.
>you have to watch the cartoons or else you're a fucking casual!
manchild spotted.

>you are a fucking casual!
>kill yourself casual idiot
>YOU FUCKING CASUAL
>I FUCKING HATE YOU

I can hear the reeeeeeeing from here lmao

Here is your evidence of the casuals that infest Sup Forums Its a shame and a travesty that idiots in this thread doesn't understand how the force works despite being the simplest "magic" system in fiction.

>the force is the simplest system in fiction
>you just need to watch and read other mediums of star wars that aren't the movies!

Do people really think this way?

>you just need to watch and read other mediums of star wars that aren't the movies!
Pretty much its called not being a casual

youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI

A better question is what purpose did Asuka's smugness serve?

It, like most things in the show, feel like something right out of a video game. A smile full of such smugness that belittles and infuriates in a sequential pattern? That's an obstacle you see in video games. What practical purpose would it have served at all?

I had a response typed up but I deleted it because you're just going to respond with "casual/idiot" like you have been doing all thread since you're a seriously mentally challenged individual. It's star wars man, get over it.

It served to make her best girl. You can't name a more expressive girl.

Nah you stopped typing because you finally deep down realized that you are actually a casual
Dont click on links to other websites on Sup Forums. You are not giving me a virus.

Why didn't Qui God just wait for Obi-wan; aside from act of plot?

he lost all his stamina bar

Because he's a casual idiot.

>Grievous will never lovingly caress you

Because he was always drinking gin

None of them thought of attacking the sides of the walls where the shields were being generated from?

Fyck ogggcygzh.

bump

Why didnt Obi Wan Force press Mauls lightsabers button off on that scene and decapitate him?