Generation Kill thread

Did Godfather literally do anything wrong?

Also,
>you will never be as beautiful as Rudy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oodTuhaLYpU
youtube.com/watch?v=CZvWl67Icn8
youtube.com/watch?v=G672jxCAERM
youtube.com/watch?v=cRg4-pCSMjM
youtube.com/watch?v=UUL56mPFIkk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase
youtube.com/watch?v=nq_YkWaKCDk
youtube.com/watch?v=as_gpcmyg4w
youtube.com/watch?v=-WfxTIw5NpI
youtube.com/watch?v=iG0i0g7Csc8
stripes.com/news/us/generation-kill-nco-charged-with-sexual-abuse-of-minor-1.294766
youtube.com/watch?v=3WAMo3YJjAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what? he did almost everything wrong.

>that scene when he gets blown the fuck out

Mmmmm

It was Encino man who was wrong

>hurr let's send a bunch of light infantry to hold an airfield against armor

If the Iraqis weren't such cucks they would have all died.

>they would have all died.

in the words of Phillip of Macedon ______________if_______________

rolling stone was a faggot, all of those guys did the best they could under the circumstances

..but gentlemen..

Reddit general?

tempo tempo tempo

you mockin' me?

Actually that quote was sent to Phillip from Sparta

He did throw them into potentially suicidal situations so he could further his own carrier.

As far as the rest is concerned, he maintained the chain of command together despite some really bad officers and declining moral among his soldiers. He also pushed them into the extreme limits and was proved right to trust them to get shit done.

He's still married to a landwhale though, he might be more insecure than a lot of us, like most /fit/ fags.

shit you're right. Thanks for keeping me legit.

TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO

Some of the officers in that series, like Encino Man and Captain America, perfectly sum up the management at my last job.

What a bunch of inept clusterfucks.

encino man was hilarious. THIS IS THE ENDZONE. WOOOO.

That was general mattis

BORING. Needed more CGI

i hope your mom dies soon :)

GO YELLOW JACKETS

He wasn't a dick, just not cut out for leadership.

>Needed more CGI

All the scenes with the LAVs and other armored vehicles were done digitally. Even the scenes with the air support were CGI.

>engage engage
youtube.com/watch?v=oodTuhaLYpU

>show was directed by a woman
>Sixta was arrested for being a pedo IRL
>General Mattis is now Trump's secretary of defense
>there's a youtube interview with all the real guys shooting the shit, real Ray and real Iceman banter is exactly like in the show
>obvious parallels with the wire when you think about it, captain america = prezbo, ray and iceman = mcnulty and bunk, sixta = rawls, etc.

TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO

>married to a landwhale
Once a marine, always a marine

I just watched this episode last night.
Episode 5 contains so many great quotes and moments, most of which are cited in this thread.

I always like the radio chatter at the show during credits. It's all technically legit, and ties into the show somehow.

Such quality writing.

Pics?

;_;
also Fick a qt as well

i don't understand any of it but i love it too

TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO

There is one that calls for an artillery strike on a target, and they took great care to fully observe realistic radio protocols and do it per SOP, for example.

t. former airborne infantryman

>POLICE THAT MOOSE-TACHE

>airborne infantryman

how exactly do you do infantry fighting in the air?

do you have jetpacks?

encino was biggest tard

>jet packs
kek
>man I wish

>airborne infantryman
do you mean para or...?

Even 12 year old COD kids know danger closer.

THEY COULD BE COMING FROM ALL SIDES

see
Yes a paratrooper.
Are you british?

french

IT'S SOME REAL BLACK HAWK DOWN SHIT

MORE LIKE TROMBLEY

>I always like the radio chatter at the show during credits. It's all technically legit, and ties into the show somehow.

That's because they used the actual radio chatter recorded from the real unit when they were in Iraq.

I see.
All airborne (parachute deployable) units have a tab as part of their unit patches, like pic related.

I NEED those MOO STASHES SHAVED by TOMORRY

PO-LICE THOSE MOO STASH

I read that in his raspy voice

I did not know that.
Quality production, all around.

THIS IS THAT TYPE OF VIETNAM SHIT THAT'S GONNA GET US KILLED

youtube.com/watch?v=CZvWl67Icn8

FOLLOW MY TRACERS

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESS WITH US. YOU GET DEAD

He was such a fucking tool

>captain america = prezbo

Hey, man, Prezbo was actually an ok person.

a semi-serious Arma 2/3 milsim group is the best way to relive generation kill other than joining the army

youtube.com/watch?v=G672jxCAERM

Reminder, all SNCOs are losers

Post your favourite moments in the series
youtube.com/watch?v=cRg4-pCSMjM

youtube.com/watch?v=UUL56mPFIkk

whopper jr was such a fucking faggot

made me want to invade a foreign desert country and shoot a bunch of towelheads to be honest

At least he's on our side.

You should be more like Trombley.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase
>After invading southern Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, Philip II of Macedon sent a message to Sparta: "If I invade Laconia you will be destroyed, never to rise again." The Spartan ephors replied with a single word: "If" (αἴkα).[36]

More like Trombley?

Yeah I already got my asshole blown out if you look at the other reply to my post

youtube.com/watch?v=nq_YkWaKCDk

youtube.com/watch?v=as_gpcmyg4w

youtube.com/watch?v=-WfxTIw5NpI

youtube.com/watch?v=iG0i0g7Csc8

uh oh

>stripes.com/news/us/generation-kill-nco-charged-with-sexual-abuse-of-minor-1.294766

sixta is a pedo irl

wait did rudy play himself?

You know it.

Are the blu rays good or is there some bullshit going on with them?

POLICE THAT MUSTACHE

being in the military was his career and he was trying to distinguish himself. nobody died in that platoon during the invasion.

also
>yfw rudy was played by himself in the show

the reason they weren't invaded was because he had better things to do after conquering the rest of greece. sparta later revolted only when phillip was dead and his son (alexander) was far away in persia and even then they got btfo by the macedonian governor.

bunch of fart smelling cucks if you ask me.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WAMo3YJjAU

>had better things to do
>Being this much of an apologist

>decide to read the book after watching the show
>read everything in their voices
Fucking hell, it's weird and good at the same time

an apologist for what? it's true. he was preparing to invade persia not siege a bunch of glorified homosexuals at the ass end of greece.

>"Sir, There are these super badass Spartans over there holding out and talking mad shit
>"Uh, let's just, uh, not attack them because we are 'so busy' and 'have other stuff to do'"
>"Very good sir, history will remember you as a wise and brave general.
Seems legit

>the reason they weren't invaded was because he had better things to do after conquering the rest of greece

Hmmm you know that sounds really familiar to me

Yes, actually, the wise move is to not send your army through a bunch of islands and mountainous terrain to get their asses kicked in the middle of bumfuck nowhere by a bunch of olive-eating kid-fuckers and go on to conquer the financially relevant parts of the world

wrong, they were ordered to recon the airfield. Godfather interpreted the conditions as "by any means necessary" and made the call to "recon it in force" when alpha couldnt reach it in time

>I could totally whup ALL your asses!
>come on down motherfucker, let's go
>Y'know what I'm good

Phillip of Macedon is the Triple H of history.

>sit in your city saying "muh code muthufucka" all the time
>yeah ok fags i'll just be off conquering the rest of the known world but before i go i'll just garrison your rivals to keep you in check
based phillip

"Ain't you Mexican?" "Yeah" "than why aren't you loud and stealing my shit?"

Mattis is legitimately a bad choice for SoD. He only understands past warfare (as in applying the tactics of regular, modern warfare) and not our current insurgent fights. He doesn't understand espionage or any of it. He just understands go in there and fuck them up which is actually creating more problems.

They need someone more restrained, but since Trump is a moron he won't see that or recognise it's necessary. Oh well.

A lot of marines died under Mattis for no reason other than "WE NEED TUH PUSH AND FUCK THESE SANDNIGGERS UP"

WATCH YOUR SECTORS

Tempo tempo temp

>can I ask whats up with your voice
>throat cancer
>oh, you smoke
>no, just lucky I guess
based

At the end at the Johnny Cash song, and everybody started leaving one by one, and tromblee was the last one is everybody just tired of the war and they don't want to look at it anymore? And the reason Trombley was the last one was because he was a psycho?

Trombley was the last to leave because the war affected him the most

>muh groomin standadz

Yes, I'm sure your judgement is better than the entirety of the Trump administration, which is why you're posting on Sup Forums about it

Watch it Godfather.

It is. I'm not rich enough to buy my way into Trump's fuckees.

TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO

tempotempotempo

>sniper scene

what are those scope cap things with the slit in them called? where can i get some? or are they like custom made USMC only? pic related

My takeaway was that while most of the other Marines has had enough warfare for now, and, thus sated turned away, and returned to whatever they were doing before. Like America itself, they realized that the war, while initially appealing and exciting, was a dead end and lead nowhere.

Trombley, literally and figuratively, represents the innate and eternal drive of mankind for war. The part of us which is always driven to war, and never tires of it.

His extended watching of the footage invites the viewer to share his obsession with war. Will we keep paying attention, or will we return to normalcy?