Rip my movie laptop

rip my movie laptop

You backed it up, right?

sadly and unironically only the harry potter + star wars films

rip

>get a bluescreen
>OH NO MY LAPTOP IS BROKEN FOREVER AND MY DATA IS ALSO SURELY GONE TOO

What the fuck? Aren't millennials supposed to be technically competent?

this is the 4th time ive booted it up and gone directly into blue screen. the backup still works tho but i have over 3tb of classic criterion films in this main one without a backup.

run a live linux and save all that you can OP

this, you can most likely recover your data.

how did you manage to do this

just boot into a ubuntu live disk and copy the files to another system.

>He watched Kino on a laptop.

should've bought a kino laptop f͏͏a͏͏͏m

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

okay richard, go to sleep

So how did this happen exactly?

burn linux to a usb stick on another computer and live boot it, then backup your shit

thanks yify

THANK YOU GUYS SO FUCKING MUCH!
booted Mint on a 16gb flash drive and am currently sending the files to a larger seagate external HDD. you guys saved 6 painstaking months of searching for my kinokollection.

you're welcome

btw you should just use gnu+linux as your main OS

post a screencap of your collection so we can critique you

It's unfortunate you only saved an adaption of one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Using Windows
it's literally 2017 guys

as soon as i transfer them i will, they are labeled in numbers tho. its connected to a separate binder that i handwrite the number + name of the filme. i know it seems kind of weird but it helps me keep organization in an analogesque sort of way

>burn linux to a usb stick

>"No!"

Every time.

DOWNLOAD MORE RAM OP

i might be dumb but I never knew you could just pull everything off with a live disc

can you get to boot options or bios?

LONG AS THE DRIVE SPINS UP AND BIOS SEES IT YOU CAN IMAGE THE WHOLE THING WITH DDRESCUE