strawpoll.me/13827712
youtube.com/watch?v=uL5bcwKRqAM
youtu.be/6P5YEPRoTxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bfL6cSpIDuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck gowiz

You're welcome LeBron

youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4

Just show down Hakeem, Shaq and Duncan in Blacktop with Kyrie, Klay and Steph. They wouldn't last a day in today's NBA

Shaw is the Mike Tyson of basketball

George Foreman t b h

Kobe is probably the most underrated superstar of all time

strawpoll.me/13827712
Part 2 of the /nba/ meetup process

How tall is /nba/?

Well I mean, MJ wasn't a point guard and OKC literally had no playmakers or even decent passers last year so.... I mean that's not really a knock on MJ.

they had cameron "face of the chicago bulls" payne

My dick is 1 foot

Guys, guys, guys.

What if KG and AI played together instead of wasting their primes on horrible teams???

What if T-Mac never left Toronto and him and Vince took over the league???

Replace Westbrook with Jordan or Kobe last season and OKC doesn't even make the playoffs. Replace Westbrook with Lebron and OKC makes it to at least the 2nd round and likely the WCF.

Lebron > Westbrook > Jordan > Kobe

Toronto would have gone to the conference finals but that's it.

It's a shame that t mac has a monkey brain

6'3"

hes so simple but unique compared to all the other food (you)tubers. gives actual ratings. youtube.com/watch?v=uL5bcwKRqAM

>As Hayward and Irving recalled at their introductory press conference with the Celtics on Friday, LeBron James' return to Cleveland "squashed" their plans.

>"I actually went to Cleveland on a visit when I was a restricted free agent, and Kyrie came in and was saying how much fun it'd be if I was on the team and kinda recruited me to go there," Hayward said.

>"And then LeBron came and that kinda squashed that whole thing."

>Irving could only laugh alongside of him.

T-Mac was a poor man's Melo at best.

Get the fuck out loser

Is Butler enough to get the T-Wolves to the playoffs?

>there's a weeb convention going on in my city this weekend

>AI
>C-Web
>Korver
>Iggy

Wew, too bad the team sucked.

youtu.be/6P5YEPRoTxQ

is it san antonio? lets hold hands there my dude

n-no

>Cleveland has fielded numerous calls already about potential trades for the BKN pick

How the fuck is DeAndre making All NBA teams when Davis and Boogie aren't

KAT*, not Davis

LA bias

he's funny

The Warriors of today would be no match for this Bulls team for many reasons.

1.) Jordan was a two way player who was dominate on both the offense and defensive ends. Curry would be exhausted trying to play defense on Jordan and would have a lot less stamina on offense. He also wouldn't have all of these open looks he gets in today's NBA. All Curry knows how to do is shoot, Jordan would shut him down. As great of a shooter as Curry is, he's basically a one dimensional player and nowhere in the same class as Jordan/Pippen.

2.) Pippen would dominate Klay Thompson. As the same with Jordan, Pippen was also dominate on both the offensive and defensive ends. Just like with Curry, Thompson would have to exhaust himself playing defense on Pippen. Thompson would also not be getting all of the wide open looks he gets now. Thompson and Curry are one dimensional players who only know how to shoot. They wouldn't get open looks like this vs Jordan/Pippen. Not to mention, Jordan/Pippen were far superior athletes to Thompson/Curry.

3.) Although Durant was an offensive threat, Rodman would at least play respectable defense against him. Durant would probably get his 25-30 points vs Rodman, but Rodman was such a great defensive player he would make him earn it.

4.) Ron Harper was an underrated defensive player who could guard multiple positions and could handle Green.

5.) The Bulls bench was much deeper. (Kerr,Brown, Wennington, Buechler, Kukoc) were all role players who played their roles to perfection.

Two completely different eras in basketball. But there's no way the current Warriors team could compete in the Bulls 90's era. Conversely, if the 90's Bulls played in today's weak NBA, they would have probably won 76 games barring injuries.

curry has a funny voice, never saw this

youtube.com/watch?v=bfL6cSpIDuM

So much pasta gone to waste

>All he knows how to do is shoot
In 2015/16 Curry lead the league in % at the rim. Bulls can't match GSW's offence either. Bulls only had one true great offensive player

seriously? i mean wow! u concluded that just by watching this vid? Man, i am very much of an MJ fan.. i grew knowing basketball "like mike"..but with today's basketball vs old school.. i mean, their moves was textbook but today's basketball was an evolution of that textbook.. if this batch of players would have to face the Golden States Warriors now.. they will loose, these kinda plays is mostlikely Spurs game play. U didnt took credit the fire power of klay curry and KD? Rodman cannot defend these players alone.. Phil Jackson was a great coach and Kerr took Pj's coaching
to the next level. With no disrespect to the real GOAT

>advanced stats

Jordan had a couple seasons early in his career where he kind of did the Harden thing and was the playmaker running the whole offense. In particular, the second half of the 88-89 season he was actually playing point guard for the Bulls. So I think he 100% could have played that role with a roster like OKC's last year. and i think he would have been better at it than Russ - MJ was obviously a better scorer and probably a better defender than Russ.

>probably a better defender
Westbrook is one of the worst defenders in the league and Jordan has 9 defensive first team picks and 1 DPOY, so yeah I'd say he's "probably" a better defender

Why on earth would you think that Curry would be guarding Jordan? Why would somebody write that. It doesn't make any motherfucking sense.

I think Russ is a fine defender. I don't see how he's one of the worst in the league. I agree that Jordan was a really good defender and much better than Russ.

That said, it is funny to me that BPM has Russ as the second best defender last year on a per-minute basis. Like, DBPM has him as a straight-up better defender than Giannis or Gobert. Which seems extremely incorrect.

Are Lakers fans ever embarassed that the face of their team is a literal faggot infested with AIDS?
I ask this as a Timberwolves casual but whenever I see him on TV I get embarassed even for the people that are just sitting next to him. These people need to straighten their backs and put on fake smiles while trying to put aside the thought that this giant guy next to him has literally fatal poison pumping through his body with every heartbeat. Poison he got after letting another dude bareback his asshole and shoot his load inside of him.
It's fucking gross, how are we supposed to sit here and pretend that this is something we shouldn't fixate on?

That's beause +/- is a heavily floored stat. Zaza has a plus minus of around 12, similar to KD and Steph. Real plus minus has adjustments to make it more solo based and Westbrook isn't even top 30 in point guards for real defensive +/-

BPM is only sort of indirectly a +/- statistic in the sense you're using it here, so I'm not sure how much Westbrook's DBPM is influenced by that. It's definitely possible that he's getting too much credit in DBPM for playing in lineups with Roberson and Adams though. I suspect that BPM also strongly overvalues rebounding which probably plays a role as well.

Second, with regards to looking at actual direct +/- statistics, I would argue that if you look at the specific +/- numbers, and you look at the lineups teams use in their totality and who players play with, and you look at how players have performed over multiple years, and you look at the underlying rate stats and not just points scored, you can extract some extremely useful information from +/- statistics.

RPM does seem like a generally useful statistic and one of the more trustworthy rule-of-thumb numbers out there but I don't trust it 100% given the opacity of the calculations.

Somebody who needs a center: please trade for Marc Gasol. Dude needs to be on a playoff team.

Looking at Boston, San Antonio, or maybe Toronto or Washington here.

Anyone who says the Warriors would beat the 86 Bulls I'd underaged, period

I like Orlando Woolridge as much as the next guy but that might be a little strong

The Spurs already have a Gasol. The better one.

He is on a playoff team

>tfw ur the 3rd gasol brother

>San Antonio
i wish but it's not happening

Dragic would be really good on the Spurs

Pau is definitely not as good as Marc at this point in their respective careers my dude

nothing against Memphis but it's really hard to see them being better than Portland, Utah, or Denver. unless Chandler Parsons is magically good again.

probably not, no, but it's fun to think about

When is Klay leaving that shithole that is the Warriors?

He saved them in 2016 only to have Curry and Drayboon choke away the series and last year got completely overshadowed by Curry and Durant.

what would be a better situation for him to be in? than one where he's a favorite to win a championship, and all he has to do is hit open 3s and play defense and not worry about defenses selling out against him, and no one cares if he gets high as shit

yes

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LONZO BALL CURSED

Boston doesn't need that old white boy

He could go get max money statpadding on a shit team and also getting a 5 month summer vacation to smoke as much weed as he wants

Haven't you ever listened to him in a press conference? He's probably too stoned to give a shit about that. Also he played like ass this finals so he shouldn't really complain

Boston has no good big man. They need someone and the Davis rumors are just rumors

I'm a lucky bastard dab oh dagger

t. baby boomer

>t. baby boomer
What does that even mean faggot

he's not built that way. he's a different kind of cat.

Will you ever recover from your pathetic existence?

Would the NBA be open to a player loan system? Like how they do in soccer leagues.

will /nba/ ever recover from the Warriors decimating lebron's legacy and this boards pathetic existence?

Will you ever recover from your pathetic existence?

>removing the part where he double dribbled

diamonded

It's crazy how much people believe in summer league results. Getting buckets against D-Leaguers.

Big 3 Boston was elite and should have had 2 finals

What if Grant Hill had stayed healthy in Orlando with McGrady and Tim Duncan had moved to Orlando to play with them

kyle korver is cute

Where my BBs at?

Is Markkanen good or is he a bust?

T. 0 knowledge of basketball

will /nba/ ever recover from the Warriors decimating lebron's legacy and this board's pathetic existence?

That's old news familia

The present and future is BBB

>celtics will make it past the 2nd round

Is doncic a future goat????

fuck off dom2k

kys

they did have two finals idiot

He hasn't even played a day in the NBA how the fuck can he be a bust

Fuck i dont know how should i know i have nevdr watched basket balls

ay man...it's /nba/ General not NBA
yes there's a difference

did they?

FREAKED

god she's so nasty

what about her? did they?

>6'1
>hand is closer to hers than his

Fultz hasn't played a day and he's already bust.

Y'all niggas sleepin on Reggie "Superstar" Jackson and Andre "iCarly" Drummond

XDDD UPVOTE!!

>Celtics won't get banner 18 in '18

Are Timberwolves fans ever embarrassed that the face of their team is a faggot who has never even been to the Finals?

Magic got AIDS from shagging 1000s of women, m8. It's his son who's the faggot.

Andre Drummond was a really bad player last year. He might be better next year, but he's a shitty defender outside rebounding and one of the least efficient scorers in the league. And Reggie Jackson is just straight-up a bad player.

Detroit is totally fucked. They might fall ass-backwards into the playoffs this year but it's really hard for them to substantially get much better with Jackson and Drummond as their core. It's a shame too cause they have a really fantastic supporting cast but Jackson is total dogshit poison and Drummond needs to get his shit in gear.

kill yourself bitch

LeBron said he's chasing the ghost of Michael Jordan but what he should be really worried about is the ghost of Jerry West. I thought it was funny.