/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

>Is it really worth it to watch all these films? We're all gonna die someday anyways, who cares what cinematically illiterate manchildren say about each others' taste.
~Steakbro

Was he right? I think he's right

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/LeonDeon/
letterboxd.com/Fourlok0/
letterboxd.com/brenx923/
letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
letterboxd.com/punq/
letterboxd.com/steviehen/
youtu.be/OGbhJjXl9Rk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's good to watch films and discuss them but that is good advice for not taking the criticisms too seriously.

it is good advice but i never said that

Gave up on A Brighter Summer Day eighteen minutes in. Not happening tonight.

you really do need to be in the right mood for it.

>I literally cannot stop wanting a Muslim dickgod to jam his cock up every white British girl and impregnate them with non-white babies
-Yawned/Slept, 2017

yikes, who did I upset enough in one of the meme chats to warrant such a vitriolic anonymous insult
im sorry :/

slept, what happened in ptg? they doxxed you?

i leaked my username like a retard and they found my other trackers but nothing happened except a certain tracker telling me i'm /marked/
they did find some guy's insta (who isn't me, only social media I 'use' is twitter) but for some reason they decided they like that guy and gave up kek

/ptg/ is still my fav general
did you see sadistic and sarek posting in it?

yes but only because someone linked to the previous thread

good shit
>tfw sadistic doesn't like weebs
anyway what flickaroonies have you been watching?

Hi
letterboxd.com/LeonDeon/

racist

nothing interesting, really
what about you?

hi

dang

vulva

is out of 4?

>he fell for the taxi driver is good meme

>awarded highest prize by the Cannes jury
>near universally acclaimed by respected film critics and filmmakers
>the assertion that it is a 'meme', provided with no further explanation or context made by a dumb teenager anonymously online is meant to be given any weight

it seems to me, that actually it is you, who has fell for either the contrarianism meme, or the having a low cinematic iq meme

>Cannes
>relevant
You sound like a drone who eats up everything they are given

you sound like a contrarian or someone with low cinematic iq

Not him but Academy Awards > Cannes.

what's taking so long for a rip of the salesman?

Watch Insider and Ran next

Do you want me to reflexively hate anything you do or have done in the past? Come out as a Trump supporter. I'll automatically assume you're either a fucking thicky or a shitheaded racist. Either way, I lose interest in anything you say or do.

letterboxd.com/Fourlok0/

hello 2017, cy@ in a few months.

ok Josiah

>starts reviews with quotes
>driver's jacket
>those favorites
>50 following 50 followers
>1,000 films

wew lad

how are you guys doing?

Anyone here use Filmstruck? Do you have buffering problems? i'm still on free trial so not sure if I want to continue or not as the problem really hinders me from watching.

things picked up after a bad start with Blair witch

If you're just watching films to obtain the approval of cinematically illiterate manchildren, then yes, it's definitely a waste of your life.

i watch films cause i like films

who this slut

The review of Silence on this train newspaper suggests they should have swapped Driver and Garfield's roles

Think it probably would have worked better too be honest

it's been pretty good overall, though the last few Bressons i've watched were mostly disappointing. i have high hopes for Mouchette and Lancelot du Lac going forward.

how many of your 14 were shorts?

thanks for reminding me to clear out my watchlist

Mouchette sucides

are you under the impression that spoiling the film would make me enjoy it less

the ending will be less emotionally moving for you :)

if it's less emotionally moving because i know what's going to happen that means it's bad filmmaking

letterboxd.com/brenx923/

Bresson is no George Miller or Zack Snyder, right steakbryo?

this.

i don't know why you're under the impression that i hold those directors in particularly high esteem, or why i would prefer them to Bresson.

Well for one B/v/S and Fury Reddit have higher ratings than those 4 Bresson movies.

What are these threads for?

>rating autism
oh i c

sure, but i've given the other 3 Bressons i've seen scores that are the same or higher than those two films. it's like you don't even obsessively stalk my profile anymore.

2 were shorts

yes
1 = pure shit
2 = bad
2.5 = average
3 = good
4 = great

>50% is bad
>63% is average
>75% is good
the fuck

scale starts at 1 smart guy. 0 is reserved for movies that were so annoying I couldn't watch more than a few minutes but aren't necessarily shit. Most musicals are in that category

I'm going to go a bit autistic here but this is the only place where people might possibly care.

I think the 10-star rating system is dumb. It's a couple of points redundant. Here is an example. If you asked me what's the difference between a movie I gave half a star and a movie I have one or two, I couldn't tell you the difference. There is only so many ways you can symbolize how bad a movie is even though not every one and two star movies are not the same, that's why the review box exists. Instead there should be a few stars less. Starting from the middle, in the current system 3 obviously means average so therefore it makes sense that 2.5 and 3.5 means either below or above average. So 1 star to symbolize middle-of-the-road movies and the 2 for the ones leaning on the good or bad sides. Same thing for 4, 4.5 and 5, I even think 4.5 might be redundant here as well. Anything that's left, 2.5, 2, 1.5 and 1 are all ways of saying the movie is bad and should be but down to 2 stars.

tl;dr: 7 stars is the true kino scale

the more accurate your rating system the more pretentious it is.

like/dislike master race

>cartoon
post hidden

Fucking hell I would destroy this girl in bed, meaning I'd cum in 2 seconds

like/dislike is a meme

contingent ranking master race

>contingent ranking

wats dis

on a ranked list with similar subject matter

Stupid animeposter

>slept still hasn't followed me
disgusting

After sleeping on it i think Landscape suicide is maybe a 5/5. I have never seen anything quite like it. Some sequences we're just breathtaking. Every word and image had significance to make the film a cohesive and powerful experience. I'll have to see it again soon

I am also pretty sure der siebente kontinent was influenced by it

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

Where did you watch Landscape?

letterboxd.com/punq/

this account really annoys me

look at that ratings distribution

I just torrented it

Norway essentially pays people to be NEETs

It's weird being so harsh on so many films but then giving complete trash like swiss army man, chappie, skyfall and ant-man 4/5

You shouldn't log movies you only watched for a few minutes.

I just saw Fences. It was a pretty good film. Everyone was saying it would be about racism but I saw it more as a working-class struggles film than a racism film. It was a nice character study.

the irritating part is that he STILL has shit taste

letterboxd.com/steviehen/

this one too

Y'know what really makes me mad is that all the films they give 5 stars are always the most critical acclaimed safe choices. I mean i could maybe accept so many bad ratings compared to good if the films was rated as good was some obscure art house flick from Uzbekistan or something that only like 4 people have ever seen

I mean you would think that someone that have logged over 10000 films would not be a total pleb

Dude looks like Charlie from MDE

>see someone with 1000+films

>impressive

>check out their taste
>overwatch shorts
>civil war team thor

>mfw I logged overwatch shorts

>mfw i'm gonna log them now

>he watches 20 sec long short films only so he can inflate the movies watched number

Is about 5 minutes the accepted short lenght?

who is this turbotool

woah dude nice jacket

>>see someone with 1000+films
>>impressive

>mfw have just barely 1000+ films
>mfw people usually just follow without skimming through them
>mfw half of them are family movies I watched during my childhood
I CAN'T LOSE

hello sarek

youtu.be/OGbhJjXl9Rk

>watch this
>can't log it

add it to TMDB and you can log it in Letterboxd. There are music videos that are less artistic than it that you can log

Ant-Man is a masterpiece you embryo

Pretty rightful, but the worst thing by far is giving a 6.25 to The Birds.

Also
>logging films you didn't watch
And the rating scale is autistic

you better write a 10 page essay to explain what you meant by this

You're pathetic

>'bryo calling any nu-capeshit 'sterpiece
what did the 'bryo out of the kiln of embs' mean by this

Is Miami connection the greatest film ever made?

>it's another slept/burger faggot/mashill thread
For the love of God take a fucking break

>empty t/v/ buzzmemes
Post profile embryo

If I thought hell or high water was as good as sicario, I'd kill myself too