What was the point of this character? He didn't even do anything. Also, Sam Jackson is a terrible actor

What was the point of this character? He didn't even do anything. Also, Sam Jackson is a terrible actor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m_C3LOg1w6s
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/06/samuel-l-jackson-mace-windu-fan-theory
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"A 'Milky Way'?"

White nerds love him. I never got the meme.

A cream egg

A Shit Lord?

Sam Jackson is a great and charismatic actor but when you've got shit dialogue and an uninspired script to work with...

Literally thrown out of a Windu

He killed Jango, therefore cycling Boba from having a father.
He also discovered ol' Sheey is evil.

A yes. The script was bad. That old noodle.

He was the personification of everything wrong with the Jedi Order.

he might be a bad actor (which is not true) but he is still the most memorable character in every movie he played

>casting an actor who's known for MOTHERFUCKING tantrums as a jedi master with full control of his emotions.

>He also discovered ol' Sheey is evil.
He didn't discover shit. He was told by Anakin, after he was told by Sheev.

to get niggers into the cinema and watch Star Wars

Prequels pretty much made me a fan of the empire. Jedi are retarded.

>Name is Mace Windu
>Dies by falling out a window

Really makes you think.

>Sam Jackson is a terrible actor
not true, he was only terribly miscast. he should have played some edgy dark jedi or bounty hunter that murders people for fun and that would have been great

>sith is evil
>jedi have retarded rules
Is this why they needed someone to bring balance?

He fucked up everything.
His haste in going to deal with Palpatine gave him the opportunity to use Order 66 and play the victim in front of the Senate.

>The oppression of the Sith will never return!

I don't get it, wasn't he fighting FOR the oppression of the Sith? that is to say, that he was fighting for the Sith to be oppressed?

You'd have a point if he didn't have good roles in other films.

youtu.be/m_C3LOg1w6s

In the mid 90s who would you have casted?

Frankly Sam Jackson was wrong for the part because yeah, his "acting" is basically just yelling. But also because when I see him, I just see Sam Jackson.
It's like casting Will Smith, he's just Will Smith in every movie.

Lucas should have got a lesser known black actor for the part. But he was probably worried about star power.

Is this the upcoming 4k special edition?

Lawrence Fishburne
Omar Epps

>What was the point of this character? He didn't even do anything.

lol dindu nuffin

Nah, Forrest W. only it was a decade too late.

Morgan Freeman or any other old black dude who would have fit the part.

>had 2 pac lived he would have been mace

I think Freeman has the same problem. He's voice is too iconic, I'd just see him and not a Jedi.

>Fishburne
maybe, it was before the Matrix.

Sam is a fine actor, the problems were:
>he was miscast
>the script was horrible
>George's direction was as clunky as the script
Reminder that Ian was the only person in the prequels who delivered a good performance. Ewan tried his hardest and there are a few moments where he shines but there are also tons of moments where the terrible script and terrible direction was too much for him to handle.

Why was Ian the only one capable?

“I was trying to figure out, ‘Really? Can’t you just, like, injure me—whatever?’” Jackson said. “But in my mind, I’m not dead! Jedi can fall incredibly high distances and not die.”

But how does George Lucas feel about this theory? According to Jackson, he signed off on the whole thing.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/06/samuel-l-jackson-mace-windu-fan-theory

He was the only one not afraid to ham ie meme it up

Windu's weakness was Windows.

He was Maced out of a Window by Mr. Sheev.

He's a classically trained actor who has done countless plays.

Sith Motherfuckers with their spinny screamy shit!

POTTERY

The character is awesome. They just miscast him. Mace Windu is powerful as fuck. He such control of the force he is able to tap into the dark side for his lightsaber form without it affecting him. His apprentice turned to the dark side due to using the same form. Mace Windu is awesome.

If they needed a big name, black actor to play him. I never understood why they didn't get Morgan Freeman. He seems to fit a Jedi master much better. Even Laurence Fishburne could've pulled it off.

>Sam is a fine actor

let this meme die, no he isn't

he can only play one type of character with one type of emotional response, drop him in any story and he'll fuck it up with his stupid meme persona

>an action movie
>a star wars movie
>a western
>a capital one commercial

anything

he's shit

I mean I wouldn't say no either if Sam Jackson asked me if my character could still be alive but really if a powerful jedi master can't use the force to survive a long fall then the force is kinda shit.

>he can only play one type of character with one type of emotional response
But he perfectly nails that one type of character and that one emotional response.
>an action movie
>a western
Action movies and westerns are supposed to be simple fun, they rarely have complex acting so you can shove Sam into either one of those and he'll fit in perfectly as long as he's playing a loud mouthed badass.
>a star wars movie
Could've been fine if he wasn't miscast.
>a capital one commercial
What's wrong with his acting in that?

if you can only be "as yourself" in movies then you absolutely are a shit actor, because you're not doing any acting

I think this is pretty fair. He's really good at that one thing he does. I said in a post above, too, that I think he was miscast. It's not Jackson's fault. Plus, his bad performance doesn't really stand out as everyone in that movie gave a bad performance other than Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid.

All the acting sucks in the prequels. None of the actors even seem like they're trying because they must all be aware of how shit the dialog is

George Lucas wanted Tupac, but he died.

Little does he know, Tupac alive in Serbia.

I'm guessing basically everything being a green screen didn't help much either.

There are some actors who can't even pull off playing themselves though. I won't argue that Sam isn't an extremely limited actor but he's fine when he's given the right role.

THE OPPRESSION OF THE PATRIARCHY WILL NEVER RETURN! YOU HAVE LOST!

>The character is awesome. They just miscast him. Mace Windu is powerful as fuck. He such control of the force he is able to tap into the dark side for his lightsaber form without it affecting him. His apprentice turned to the dark side due to using the same form. Mace Windu is awesome.
not canon

you're an absolute idiot