When is hollywood going to exploit the gold mine that is our history?

When is hollywood going to exploit the gold mine that is our history?

When will it be the time that we return to history themed movies (even if some are somewhat inaccurate like Braveheart) ?

Why haven't we gotten a 3 hour per movie trilogy on Napoleons life? Or a carefully made story that describes the fall of the Tsars? Or more WW1 movies? More WW2 films?

I know Hollywood is busy making what makes money easily. Why wouldn't they. But will this bubble ever collapse?

Other urls found in this thread:

consequenceofsound.net/2016/05/its-official-cary-fukunaga-and-steven-spielberg-will-finish-stanley-kubricks-napoleon/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Andrew Jackson historical movie directed by Edgar Wright

DO EET

History isn't diverse enough unless it's about civil rights or the slave trade

>ww1 movie

Battle field one makes me want this.

I'd really like a movie about the Pazzi plot. Not many movies set in that time and I think it'd be fairly easy to make a pretty good thriller out of it

Pacino would be fucking perfect too

>Edgar wright doing a drama about Andrew Jackson

Do you want it to be shit

There's nothing wrong about making movies on those topics either. Not even those get made now, do they?

Would it be wrong to see a movie on the rise of the Pashas and the fall of the Ottoman Empire? Is that not diverse enough? It would be amazing.

A movie on the WW1 German and English African campaign?

Theres many options really.

>Hasn't been a good sailing movie since Master and Commander

It hurts.

BF1 is a shit game and portrays ww1 wrong.

Fuck you.

:^)

Only if it's about non-whites

Read those accomplishments and tell me if you think I want a full on drama and not a stylistic action comedy drama

>abel glance 5 hour 25 minute napoleon movie just released for the very first time last month

>Viscontis massive library of historical movies

>senso

>the leopard

>king leopold

>human condition 10 hour trilogy of ww2 told from japanese side

>a massive library of russian kino on ww1 and ww2

I get you said hollywood but i still bet 10 bucks you're a pleb so i overlooked your general question to show you that plenty of people have done just fine.

>no movies about James Polk(the best president) and Theodore Roosevelt(overall greatest American)
Why is this allowed

>James Polk

Why's he so great?

>Battle field one
>every weapon is automatic
>blacks everywhere
>no trench warfare
Just watch a Vietnam movie.

Honestly, nothing triggers me more than anachronistic shoehorned diversity characters in a history movie.
Blacks and Asians weren't really apart of Western history until like 200 years ago, and weren't important to it until like 50. I understand that minorities live in Western countries but do you really need to see someone who looks like you to enjoy something?

I like Kurasawa movies, I don't need a gaijin in there. Yeah Hollywood often puts a white guy in a lead role, because until the 1980s America was 80% white, and its normal for a country to tell a story through the eyes of the populace. Not to mention just sheer star power.

This.

>Y-yeah Hollywood often puts a white guy in a lead role
>I-its ok when we do it but when they put one of those f-filthy negroes is a no-no!

Who are you quoting?

>Not even those get made now, do they?

>The past three years:
>12 years a Slave
>Selma
>Birth of a Nation
>Stonewall
>The Imitation Game
>Dallas Buyers Club

Yeah, you're right the historical and biopic genre has really shied away from making movies about slavery and sexual and racial civil rights in the past couple of years

When an Asian countries do it, I understand.

In the West we feel like we have to represent the world. And maybe now that's the case with rampant immigration. But historically the West was pretty much white and so its media reflected it.

If say the movie is about a white dude traveling to 3rd century China, it could be OK, since its his story. It's not normal, but historically possible. Now, if there's just a ton of whites and blacks there as background characters I'd roll my eyes.

If some black director made a movie about a black dude traveling to England in the 6th century, frankly that's more unlikely than the scenario above, but whatever its for that audience. Now, if its just a straight history piece, I'd say either one isn't really appropriate.
If we are telling a story of the Three Kingdoms, we don't really need whites in there, unless they are Tocharians. If we are telling a story of King Arthur no blacks.

>12 years a Slave

A good movie. I don't see whats wrong with portraying the atrocities committed by some slavers to their niggas.

>The Imitation Game

A somewhat ok-ish movie. The average normie wouldn't be interested in the technicalities involved with deciphering enigma nor the machine the man built. Although I would've preferred that the movie had taken an emphasis on those topics, you can't ask for much.

It is not the correct way to expose the life of the man, but it still mentions some of his work and what they eventually end up doing.

>Dallars buyers club

Its a good movie. Whats wrong with you?

>movies about slavery and sexual and racial civil rights in the past couple of years

Again. There's nothing wrong with such types of movies. Tell me user, is it because they have faggots and niggers in them? Is that the problem really?

I didn't say they were bad films you fuckstick.

I said Hollywood isn't really interested in making factual films about historical figures these days unless it's about slavery or civil rights.

To which some user said they don't even make many historical films about those two subjects, which is obviously false since I listed half a dozen of them from just the past couple of years.

OP you have access to cheap film making tools and youtube. Instead of waiting for hollywood, why not get some friends together and make your own movie? This makes you no different then SJW's who whine about no diversity in hollywood. Make your own fucking movies instead.

Hollywood isn't going to make movies for shit and giggles. If you think your vision is good, fucking work for it.

The lowest common denominator now incorporates primitive international markets and also the young and smart tend to steal rather than pay.

Please look at film as a business, because it fully is. It has the potential to be art but please acknowledge reality and stop whining that the monied efforts aren't about fucking Napoleon or whatever negative-revenue dross you care to masturbate to.

>2016
>Every Roman movie is about the Imperial period or the end of the Republic
>Still no Marius and Sulla movie

History is boring as fuck. Don't know why you'd even bother with it when you have the genre of science fiction.

>Kubrick's Napoleon will never be made

Fulfilled every one of his campaign promises and then chose not to run for a second term because he had already accomplished everything he wanted to. Also engineered the entire Mexican-American War and it all went perfectly according to plan.

Who would take on the mantle if not he?

Nolan

Why even live?

Half a dozen films in 3 years?

Mmmmmmmmmmm

>implying the greatest Napoleonkino ever isn't coming out soon
consequenceofsound.net/2016/05/its-official-cary-fukunaga-and-steven-spielberg-will-finish-stanley-kubricks-napoleon/

I read the whole script one day and I was completely blown away by it. It would have been his GOAT if Napoleon was casted correctly.

I've also discovered that most great war movies are foreign films.

This thread was intended for people older than 21 user.

Aren't there any Marvel or DC threads up where you can stay while smart adults discuss this topic?

>our history
There's no such thing. Different countries wave their own versions of what happens. 'History' is always politics and a field for argument. It's a delicate shit topic. Always was.

>Still no movie about Otto Von Bismarck

Literally why, greatest German ever
>inb4 hitler fags

>5 hour Napoleon movie
i saw that on my private tracker, is it worth watching?

Rough Riders and The Wind and the Lion are great, it's a shame Milius will never finish his trilogy.

It's literally being made right now, dummy

>Bismarck
>greatest German
>even remotely great

Learn your history, shitstain.

>but do you really need to see someone who looks like you to enjoy something?

According to you, yes.

Roughly the same amount as capeshit then

There is still no movie about all Twelve Caesars.

Do you know where I can find a copy? I've always been curious

>The lowest common denominator now

This has always been the case in Hollywood, dumb ass. It's just that with the rise of smart phones and shit like FB and IG people have become even more ignorant and also want instant satisfaction.

A Napoleon movie great

I hope they don't make it boring like Master and Commander though

the word now scoped to the phrase you didn't incorporate in your quote so I'm not convinced you understood the post you responded to.

>Roughly the same amount as capeshit

Are you sure? Can you prove this?

A very childish opinion, user.

Also nice you just disregarded the entire topic of discussion. Nice!

>Hitler
>greatest German
>even remotely great

So you don't know your history either?

considering he literally created Germany I'd say he was pretty good

>john horse and the seminole wars movie when

I want serious bio flick of pic related

There are interesting ethical and political questions that can be explored using Vlad

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzz

Chinese history is really interesting and is overlooked pretty badly. Probably one of the richest cultures in the world before they started purging shit

Why not just come to /his/, guys? We literally talk about this nonstop. It's the reason for the board? Why keep lamely trying to stake a post on Sup Forums, week after week? Have you looked at the other threads here?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE