In light of the recent thread, AMA. I have detailed knowledge of this company

In light of the recent thread, AMA. I have detailed knowledge of this company.

In case you didn't realize this already, grocery stores have more impact on the food production systems than any other part of that value chain. This in turn impacts the lives of millions of people worldwide involved in food production systems geared towards export.

Also the opinions posted here do not reflect and are not representative of company policy and are entirely my own, blah blah blah.

Other urls found in this thread:

consciouscapitalism.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=Mp0ZISBYidI
money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=WFM
youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ
youtu.be/c_IoNQHMFLk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the biggest cock you've ever sucked?

When Whole Foods first opened, it was called "Safer Way" - a little hippy grocery store dedicated to selling organic produce.

Can't say I ever have senpai

Our founder, despite being a dumbass in many cases, is leading the way for capitalism to thrive in liberal countries through the concept of conscious capitalism.

Through loan programs internationally....

..and locally.

Though Sup Forums may be interested to know that these are specifically target at women because supposedly data has shown men to be less trustworthy.

This is literally blue pill: grocery edition. In the past 2 years, in the off chance that you happen to spot a white person employed by WFM, they are always gay or transgendered. 100% of the time.

Plus, their stock is garbage because they're retarded and didn't realize that all of their competition (Kroger and Wal Mart) could do natural foods cheaper and better, and now with their retarded 365 boutique stores, are looking to usurp Trader Joes and Aldi. Ain't gonna happen.

Interested senpai

It's actually just SJW nonsense about how their Whole Planet Foundation funds courageous women entrepreneurs in 'developing countries'.
It's actually predatory lending that makes these people commit suicide, and a non-profit tax umbrella for John Mackey.

Lol I am white, male, Trump-voting, and straight. However this meme is quite true. There are at least 3 trans people working at my location that I know of and over half the store is non-white. Leadership at all upper levels though is almost entirely white with some asian and about 50/50 male female.

This is pretty true.

>Natural stock

Yeah costco in particular is kicking our asses at this. However, we are waaay better at presenting the products and convincing our guests to buy them. We are focusing on in store experience. How many people do you actually see working in Wal-Mart that are not behind a desk/counter? How many of them have ever offered to help you (other than the fucking greeter).

> 365 boutique stores

I plan on running one of these in the near future. There's a lot of potential since stores this size can use bigger stores as distributers while at the same time actually getting more foot traffic. Plus we are using this model to pioneer new lower-labor strategies. I won a company wide contest recently for developing a strategy to implement community involvement at an unprecedented level at these new stores. Smaller scale is the future familia.

Way over half of all microcredit loans are made to female entrepreneurs as they are seen as the more responsible money-managers in developing countries. Not sure where we got this data from, but it has supposedly been vetted.

>Men
>Less trustworthy than women

More

i been in other markets that sell organics and non organics, the price difference at least in the midwest is not even that big. Sure there still are some pricy products out there, but produce and meats is pretty competitive.

I worked at whole foods too. Shits a rip off, everything is overpriced and not worth the cost. Get over yourself the company is garbage.

MA WFM TM here. People don't want customer service. They want cheap shit. This is why there were the layoffs in the fall and now the pending merging of teams.
This is why the 365 stores are being minimally staffed, with a big emphasis on 'new tech'.
Amazon reviews make good 'customer service' obsolete.

how is it a rip off? all the produce is sometimes cheaper when compared to other organic stores. give some specifics

The produce is not worth the cost. 3-4x more for fruit. They sell cut fruit for 7.99$ for a little box. They're taking advantage of stupid rich white people. Go to Oregon if you want produce produced locally.

>look up Driscoll(name is already in autocorrect,woah) berries
>lliterally 15 minutes away from me
>dad's neighbor was related to them
Free blackberries, raspberries, strawberries all day senpai

i have gone to multiple markets in my area. and food prices are not that different if you go for organics. and these days organics are not even that much more expensive when compared to non organic.

For the people that say there is no difference, they have no idea what they are missing. Not only there is a difference in taste, freshness (if local), and consistency. But also in nutritional value.

Just try the cheapest eggs from walmart vs the fanciest eggs in wf and you will see the difference. its like night and day. And not all organics are created equal so you have to do some research on that

Whole foods caved, no one shops there for organic anymore, they caved in to the GMO faggots and sell their trash on the shelves.

I love shopping at Whole Foods. It doesn't always have the best products, but almost all of its products are good. If you think something is a rip off, you don't have to buy it. Why complain about how expensive something is? Cool. Buy something else then.

Multiple studies have shown that organic food does not have any significant differences in nutritional value.

Freshness is the most important factor, whole foods does an alright job, but local farmers markets have similar costs and have mich fresher products.

Stop shilling for whole foods there are plenty of options, I worked at whole foods for a year. They do not deserve this amount of attention by anyone

i hate to go to cheap grocery store since the clientele there is pure trash. Do you honestly want to eat the same food these brain dead zombies are consuming? Should be a warning for you to never come back

This is another problem, I dont give a fuck about how the animal feels, no need to tack that onto my non BGH beef.

consciouscapitalism.org/

Basically, just trying to get berners and others like them to support capitalism. The Nordics have been doing this for decades. It's kind of like taking capitalism back to it's roots by providing a positive net social benefit to address negative externalities.

This is pretty true. As long as you buy standard stuff it's really competitive. The slightly higher price is generally to pay for the lower margin specialty items that, especially in produce, we end up having to shrink (donate to food bank or use in kitchen at lower profit) as well as specialty exotic imports.

That said, pricing is super competitive in the midwest because that is where we are trying to expand the most.

The thing is that, because of high level customer service and merchandising, we end up getting people to buy a ton of impulsive shit they don't need. This makes their purchase seem too expensive. If they had more self control and bought less boutique items it wouldn't be an issue.

I know, I heard about the new labor model. It makes me so fucking sad that we are trying to compete with the fucking value chains in the midwest. If we stuck to leading the way as we had in the past it wouldn't be an issue.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is that our investors keep making us overproject our growth so that, when we can't meet this unreasonable growth model, our stock drops. When this happens alarms go off and we start cutting shit everywhere. I still remember the glory days of company paid for training weekends....

Additionally, I guess I just see our role as being part chef/nutritionist/health coach/gardener/reporter/activist. I took this job to explore the potential of public education on all these topics in a grocery store.

i usually split my shopping between WF, other local organic grocery store, direct farm purchasing for meats and veggies, a fishery in alaska, and the farmers market. Im not married to WF, but they dont deserve the flack they get it. Sure some of their stuff is stupid and expensive, you don't have to buy it.

Also most of the typical big chain stores dont carry local products and if they do the price is comparable to WF. And lastly there might not be big differences between organic and non organic produce, but at least is not GMO and has no glyphosate and who knows what other chemicals. When it comes to grass fed, free range meats, dairy and eggs the nutritional differences are MASSIVE

How much of your food rots in the trucks or is infested on delivery

There is no substantial evidence of organic produce being any different in nutritional value than GMOs. Find a source, I'll wait.

Not to mention organic farming cannot support a large population, we'd need to drop down to about 5 Billion people to keep it sustainable. Unfortunately this doesn't address the issues of a large rising middle class in China and India. We're going to need more food, and organic is just reserved for rich, entitled liberals who have no clue how bad organic would be for third world countries. Face it, given the lack of difference in quality, and the inability to keep up with GMOs, Organic isn't the future, GMOs are.

Surprising based WF employee. I'm impressed

Ex-Rocky Mountain Region Prepared Foods Fresh Pak Supervisor reporting in. What do you want to know? how about all the soups on the hot bar being made by placing a bag in the steamer.

What about Dept. supervisors forging temp logs on blast chillers/not even fucking using them and just chilling stuff on a covered speed rack in the walkin in 6 inch hotels. no ice wands

What about the fact that our Organics certification and inspections came from a company owned by Whole Foods. Thats right, the inspectors that oversaw if we were obeying certification rules (one violation at one location nulls all organic certification that a company owns. All location. Now think about your co-workers. Do you think they never do anything wrong ever that a 3rd party would notice?)
what about when I then was Director of Manufacturing at a co-pack company that produced about 30 different brands of product to be sold at Whole Foods at clients were bringing product from Restaurant Depot and US foods.

AMA i guess.

Varies, this is actually planned for. If anything gets damaged at all on the way it will likely rot. However, warehouse tech has gotten so advanced this. We do have some issues with things like sprouts or salad arriving above safe temp, but that is really uncommon. Can't really say for the distribution centers though.

Heres my whole foods story

>Cook for a living
>Girlfriends parents and sister come over for dinner
>Typical rich liberals, only shop at whole foods ect(yes we have them in canada too)
>Go to some chink market and buy ham hocks for 2.20 a pound
>braise the meat, make crackling, make pork and paprika jus out of the stock
>Also bought a red pepper, an onion, a head of garlic, leeks and a few cans of chick peas since I didnt want to soak
>sweat veg, add stock, simmer chick peas, add some butter and serve
>Oh my god user this is so good blah blah blah, where do you shop?
>tfw I don't know the name of the gook store because its written in moonrune

Just because you can buy nice shit doesn't mean a god damn thing if you cant cook

ACHTUNG

UBERMENSCH

This actually is totally true I try to redpill guests on this all the time. Organic CAN be better for the environment, but it varies more by farm than by whether it is organic or not. Also anti-GMO is a sham that I can't believe the company got on board with this.

Also, I have worked on various organic farms....no two are remotely the same.

Take a look at the responsibly grown program we are working on improving. It looks at other indicators besides organic certification. It got rolled out waaay before it was ready, but it was a good concept even though it is now being phased back.

You would be surprised at how women are outside of CAN/UK/USA
They are very serious and family oriented so they act as the decision maker when it comes to what is needed.
Just because western women are buttfuck retarded doesn't mean other women follow the same suit.
And I'm a developing nation men are probably violent and angry

VOLKSGENOSSEN

I go to Kroger, tomatoes for like $2. I go to Whole Foods, tomatoes for like $5. I don't even give a shit about taste, so why should I pay premium for subpar food? Farmers Markets will beat ANY grocery store.

>Safer Way
So I take it the Safeway grocery chain is an offshoot of that?

FARMERS DESERVE BETTER LIVES THAN THAT

SHOPPING FOR LOWEST PRICES ON FOOD BUT SPLURGING ON CARS, TELEVISIONS, AND OTHER DEVICES IS UNETHICAL TO THE POINT THAT YOU HAVE CAUSED MANY SUICIDES

YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR MORAL INEPTITUDE

ACHTUNG VOLKSGENOSSEN

Also the other thing to keep in mind is that, if a farm goes through the trouble of getting certified- particularly a small farmer, it probably means that they really give a shit about their produce. Many use organic certification as a way to add value to compete with industrial farms.

ES LEBE DAS HEILIGE DEUTSCHLAND

BRDLrf9V is an autistic sperg who thinks Nebraska is some sacred place and that Native Americans are honorary Germanics or some shit. He has a thread up now on 8ch.pl/pol/

You can help by doxing and pointing and laughing at him.

No it was a joke based on Safeway.

Let starving children eat gmo. Besides, if you think there is nothing wrong with jelly fish genes artificially added to your corn, then you have greater problems. And I don't even care about gmos being out there. Just label them so I can avoid them

WIR SIND DAS VOLK

Expand more on oversight please, or lack there of?

And any risk to consumers or price manipulation?

youtube.com/watch?v=Mp0ZISBYidI

Oh, lol

wait what
whole foods is fucking canadian?

I TOLD YOU NOT TO FUCK WITH GERMANS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

>Even grocery companies are now blatantly putting out ads on Sup Forums

I think what they mean is that a woman will allow herself to get fucked by predatory lending practices until she has nothing left whereas a man would be more inclined to take a Whole Foods down with him when he reads the fine print.

What benefit is there to going to a whole foods over a farmers market?

Also, are there even any whole foods in Canada?

Don't eat any corn soy wheat or potatoes since after '85 then

Bullshit, man. Picked up a bottle of Rao's pasta sauce at a Whole Foods last week, it was 10 fucking dollars. 6 dollars at the regular grocery store.

The population dropping would be a good thing. Going back down to 1 billion would be great.

Why reduce consumption per person when we could reduce the number of people consuming?

Nah, it's from Austin, but has stores in Canada.

I've been working for Sup Forums longer than WF

Lol wtf is with all this Kroger spam

You just live in the ghetto, friend.

Couple here in toronto, its overpriced to hell.

I once went it to grab some chicken legs for a stew and it was 1.69 for 100g

You can get that shit for 1.69 a pound at no frills.(thats 4.54x the price for retards)

>FARMERS DESERVE BETTER LIVES THAN THAT

One of my friends is a farmer. This year he's getting 500$ per ton of soy. He gets about 3 to 4 tons per hectare (about 2.5 acres).

Money rolls in quick for about 4 months work out of the year.

Implying there is no such thing
As non gmo comercial seeds

Whole Foods is losing stock market value because of better, local competition in communities.

source:
money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=WFM

Does this mean local groceries will have more healthier, locally grown alternative food or will there be more mass-production?

I work for walmart logistics. We will crush you.

I worked at the austin, Texas gateway shopping center whole foods in 1999.

Everybody talked mad shit every time I said AIDS was glorious

youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ

Food safety risk?
fuck yeah.
I'm FDA certified and I do not eat off of any Whole Foods Prepared foods dept.

Wholefoods is annoying as fuck and there are tons of better options that are probably less cucked

>sprouts
>natural grocers
>any standards grocer's organic section
>farmers markets

Depends on where they get it from. Local stores are buying from the same farms as everyone else.

If the trend continues and people start buying their produce at farmers markets and butchers, it's possible that megafarms could disappear to make way for smaller, local farms that serve their immediate community, assuming the population is small enough.

It's great that people care about that, but when it comes down to the end, you're never going to be able to tell the difference. Maybe more with produce than livestock but lab grown meats are likely the future in that area. Which, if you're a WF eating liberal, helping the environment should be a priority, but it's likely that lab grown will go through the details labeling shit that GMOs are dealing with.

Buy directly from your organic farm, instead of fucking with the free market for some feel good bullshit.

I'm not saying it wouldn't, I'm just saying global organic isn't viable. That's a different discussion.

oh shit really?

I haven't been there in a long time because the closest one is prolly 40min away from me now

And it's more expensive than say Sprouts, a localish competitor

You ever heard the phrase you are what you eat? I'm sure that goes for the animals you eat as well. How they eat and live affects the quality and nutrition of their flesh. Why would Kobe beef exist, otherwise? In that example the cows are fed and treated like kings until they get slaughtered, and their meat is allegedly tender and delicious as fuck.

Couldn't find the full link, but Penn and Teller are the ultimate red-pill.

youtu.be/c_IoNQHMFLk

Wow. You're actually retarded, and have articulated an extreme soccer mom worldview. I bet you have an Alex Jones water filter too, and know about the health cures that "they" don't want you to know about.

Organic vs non organic is such tripe. The only real difference is in industrial production vs traditional.

My farmer friend explained it to me. Traditionally produced foods, say a tomato, are stressed in a way that mass production ones aren't. Their soil isn't perfectly balanced, they get very little fertilizer, they have to compete with weeds, they get uneven sun, they're attacked by insects.

All these things decrease the yield per plant, and even per fruit for sure vs large scale field production... but it also greatly improves the nutrients and flavor profile of the fruit.

That's why tomatoes from your garden always taste better.

Meat fed grains is higher in omega 6 fats which are inflammatory and cause like every kind of disease

Trader Joes employee reporting in. Fuck whole foods. Literally a meme company founded by a guy who realized dumb hippies will buy anything and overpay for it if you tell them it's "natural" and "healthy."

The whole boutique grocery thing has its drawbacks but whole foods embodies all of them and none of the pros.

aye yo trader joe employee! i work in grocery. wuz a meat cutter and baker. give me a job with y'all! there is like 3 trader joes here where i live at. none hirong.