It's over, isn't it?

It's over, isn't it?

Oh look, it's Benghazi Cyberspy.

No, we still get to watch them raise a gay baby

There will be at least one more season. They renewed it for series 4 and 5 back in 2013. Cumberbatch is signed for it as well.

Moffat must be killed. Why did he have to turn it into a drama fest?

People wanted to watch it to see Sherlock solving mysteries, not to indulge a bunch of tumblrinas with endless fan service and emotional bullshit.

This thing died after season 2.

Mary better stay dead

I thought the episode was season 2 good, misteries, keeping the audience guessing and loads of loose ends for the Moriarty copycat/sister plot

Yes, but it adds in too much drama bullshit. They've over complicated it.

I will never forgive them for wasting an entire season 3 episode marrying off John.

I think the drama interweaves correctly with the mistery plot, whoever's pulling the strings this season clearly meant for a drama bomb to fuck up Sherlock's world. The girl Watson is seeing is clearly a mole (or the mastermind,) the Moriarty video triggers right after Sherlock was gonna be put into essentially witness protection and shortly after the programmed assasin is sent against Mary. Everything kinda fits

The show has been a drama since the very start but was interwoven throughout cases and a larger overarching story.

The issue is now is that the drama has become overly melodramatic, cliche ridden, characters acting unlike themselves and the case aspects which are actually relatively simple, are executed and present in an overly convoluted manner because Moffat and Gatiss think they're fucking geniuses.

Even if the episode's purpose was to kill off the god awful Mary storyline, it wasn't handled well at all.

I'm just happy they killed off the annoying bitch.

>Moffat and Gatiss think they're fucking geniuses.
This is what annoys me about them. They try and be too clever and it's just so pretentious.

This. I was as pissed as anyone they were giving Mary all the airtime in the episode, but then she died. Maybe they realized they made it too stupid last season, so they had to make the sacrifice this time and finish her off. I'm okay with it.

tumblr's exploding with fan theories about various iterations of "it was all a dream". too lazy to rephrase or copypaste any 'evidence' and such but the overarching idea is that sherlock is telling this story to someone and is changing details (like the story about the guy meeting death) or is somehow unreliable (his therapist apparently says he's been having dreams?)

tl;dr this clusterfuck might be even fuckier

as though "it was all a dream" would make this episode retroactively enjoyable

S3 was already shit but somehow this was even worse. Jesus christ what the fuck happened? S1 and S2 were fun. not terribly deep or realistic, but fun and charming. this was just utter fucking trash

thats kinda what im saying honestly

still its something to think about other than how absolutely terrible the whole thing was. what people seem to be saying is that sherlock is coming up with some kind of alibi for john--kinda riffing off the theme set by the security footage being edited at the beginning. saying like mary is dead but sherlock is lying about how it happened, to somebody...for some reason...

I would give a better description of this theorizing but the fact is i could barely pay attention to the ep so im just reading this bs out of boredom. far cry from when fans were trying to figure out how he fell and survived

also just read this

>When Sherlock’s next episode airs, fans can expect the two friends to reunite under less-than-stellar circumstances. The pair will be forced back together with Culverton Smith threatens to expose the Holmes family’s darkest secrets, and Mycroft seems to be involved with the case. Hopefully, the episode ends with a smidgen less death, but showrunner Steven Moffat has said the rest of Season 4 will only become darker as time passes.

lol

the writers didn't bother giving an explanation for the fall and that was a big deal, why assume they will have any deeper plots for anything now? i'm assuming face value for anything now cause i don't want to be disappointed again

also with the mary thing i think moffat said he wants to go back to the sherlock and john dynamic so they got rid of her

In retrospect, it was over after the first season

What was wrong with season 2?

Making a lesbian go straight, mostly. everything else was fine. the fall was retarded

>the writers didn't bother giving an explanation for the fall and that was a big deal
I can't believe so many people think this. Moffat may not be as clever as he thinks but clearly neither are the fans

Well that's not really a deal breaker like season 3 is it? I didn't really like Moriarty but it was tolerable.

also her acting was nowhere near the level of freeman and cumberbatch's.