GBH

Let's here it Sup Forums

Why do you hate this masterpiece? Truly weskino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
youtube.com/watch?v=GL_Q53as6C0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When the need for traditional masculity is at an all time high it's hard to look at a quirky nu-male pandering flick too positively.

I liked it a lot, but i feel like i'll never be able to watch it again.

It's undoubtedly his greatest film. In years to come it will be viewed as of the most important pictures of ALL TIME.

are you the type who doesn't read Shakespeare because poetry is for faggots?

You can't deny that Wes Anderson appeals to nu-males. You simply can't deny it.

In GBH Gustav literally enters every confrontation with violence or intimidation...

Other wes films maybe...but Ralph finnes is alpha af in this film

It's basically propaganda about how awesome refugees are and how evil Nationalism is.

WES RANKING

1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. Life Aquatic
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox
4. Royal Tennenbaums
5. Grand Budapest Hotel
6. Rushmore
7. Bottle Rocket
8. Darjeeling Limited

>his worst at number 1
>his best at number 8
consider suicide

you have to go back Sup Forums

Wes Andersons' movies are popular with progressive hipsters and Andersons' visual style involves a lot of childlike maquettes, but that doesn't really detract the value of his films.

Good because every time I see a new character I laugh at the actor who is playing them.

>dissing Moonrise Kingdom

>shitty kid actors in a shit film with a piss yellow filter on the whole time

>being this contrarian
honestly kys mate

It is great. Can't wait for Isle of Dogs.

best weskino coming through

psh hipsters...

Literally not a fucking argument.
youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc

I dont know which of those faggots I replied to you are, but you either mistaken aesthetical choices with thematical ones and started crying sbout kike propaganda, which means you're an idiot with no knowledge of film, or you need to see buff half naked guys to enjoy your movies, which means you're fucking gay. in either case go back to your contaminant zone

>life aquatic anywhere near the top.

>all those jews
they don't even look like a family. They should have casted more realistic characters instead of just whatever top actors decided to show up

>Grand Budapest
>nu-male
Gustave has sex with tons of women, brawls with Nazis to defend his friend's honor, goes to fucking prison, established dominance, and then escapes with a crew of stab-happy henchmen. Wtf, is he a nu-male because he has affectations and is polite? Don't be a fag.

The whole film is definitely about refugees being good for a nation and anyone who disagrees is literally a Nazi.
Not him but Gustave was really vain and self-centered. He used women for money. I didn't like his character or find him charming. I found him sleazy.

Nobody asked what you like, little kid.

>kinocap

>Get your goddam hands of my lobby boy!

watched it yesterday.

I've been a fan of all Wes movies I've seen except for that one.

Holy shit is it terrible. He tried to cram in too many subplots and in the end I cared about nothing happening.

did he use construction paper and magic markers for the hats?

>The whole film is definitely about refugees being good for a nation and anyone who disagrees is literally a Nazi.
I see this posted a lot lately and I'm wondering how many actually see that in the film and aren't just having knee jerk reactions to seeing a brown person on screen. There's nothing politicized about Zero at all

I won't be taken for a ruse cruise

>nothing politicized about Zero at all
Really makes you think...
youtube.com/watch?v=GL_Q53as6C0

Can you please explain to me how Royal Tenenbaums is good?

I've watched his other movies multiple times but this was just awful

It's a joke about the cliched low point/falling out in buddy flicks that's always resolved instantly, but this time it's really heavy shit, and is equally instantly resolved

It's a safe bet to just ignore people who think they need to put every sentence on a separate line. The learning disabled don't deserve attention.

the hats would likely have been hand made back then too. It's charm.

>1 minute comedic scene about an immigrant refugee

Holy shit the jews are literally shoving their agenda down my throat by politicizing everything.

The point being that Fiennes' character didn't seem racist before and that scene felt forced. There was also a scene at the border with the other country where the fictional equivalent of the SS stop the train and harass Zero for being a refugee. It just felt the film could have easily done better without those scenes. It drags politics into places where it quite frankly isn't needed.
I never said anything about Jews. Now shut up, you cretin.

honestly i think all of his films and how much a certain person likes them is based on their personality/life experience. as someone going through similar life situations as the tenenbaums at the time i saw the film, it hit me pretty hard and instantly was my favorite.

No offense, but this list is fucking horrible

WES RANKING CRITERION COLLECTION EDITION:

1. Royal Tenenbaums
2. Life Aquatic
3. Rushmore
4. Grand Budapest Hotel
5. Bottle Rocket
6. Darjeeling Limited
7. Moonrise Kingdom

never saw fox, don't like animated shit.

that would explain why Moonrise Kingdom is my favorite

Fuck man

>bottle rocket above anything else
>mememore in the top 5

Bottle Rocket sucks, but it's better than DL and MK by default, since those two were almost unwatchable.

Jesus, dude. Do your parents know you're retarded?

>as someone going through similar life situations as the tenenbaums at the time

Are you implying that you were stabbed at a bazaar in Calcutta? Or that you were in love with your sister? Nice life, dude.

He isn't racist, he was just saying things to be mean. That's why he rescinds it immediately. The train stopping at the beginning of the film is essential to the plot, as it sets up what happens in the end. And a movie about a fictionalized WWII era Europe has to be at least somewhat politicized if you want to get down to it.

Zero being an immigrant period is a big part of his character. He's an outsider who went from one turbulent country to another, whose only home has ever been this doomed hotel. His three closest loved ones die before he's 20. There's so much sadness just outside the frame of this fantastic yarn he's telling a reporter. If you think he's written as an immigrant for some modern propaganda that's something you brought to the film

>We were happy here, for a little while
is really the key to the whole film that puts everything before it in a new light

*adopted sister

explain yourself, asshole.

It's just because Anderson is so pretentious. His movies are like those really expensive boutique dollhouses. It's nice, and visually wonderful, it's just not for me.

His style of humor only works in between friends as inside jokes. When someone tries to air their inside jokes through a script, it just comes of as stuffy.

>pretentious
>stuffy
Your intellectual insecurity is palpable.

I like Bottle Rocket much more than Rushmore. Max is such a cunt with very few admirable qualities to him, as a whole he's a very difficult character to care about

But his movies are the opposite of pretentious. Pretentious is something like Upstream Color. I don't get why people call his movies pretentious.

I think most people on this site who rank Rushmore so highly is because they personally identify with Max. Which is cringeworthy and sad.

Saorise can't act

I tend to idealize everything else about rushmore other than Max. He was horrible. But all the other characters are fun to watch on screen. The ridiculous play was a blast though.

/thread

>he doesn't like midlife krino

The most prevalent criticism of Wes Anderson's oeuvre is that he puts more effort into the his intricate dioramas than writing, plot, characters, etc. I don't find that to be an accurate criticism of his other movies, but it definitely fits here. All the sets are very ordered and detailed, to an absurd and frankly off-putting level. There's next to no character development in the movie; characters are whisked in and out before we get to know anything about them really. Kovacs has a cat and he's a lawyer. Agatha is a pastry-chef and has a Mexico-shaped birthmark. So what? Why should we care? The characters we do get any sort of real characterization of are either one-note baddies or one-note dandies (i.e. M. Gustave). Everyone is a complete caricature. It's almost funny that Anderson's two previous movies had much more rounded characters, and they starred animated foxes and children, respectively. The script is absolutely atrocious, flitting between sickening sentimentality and sudden-vulgarity-is-funny-right-guys?. It's also, tellingly, the first script written entirely by Anderson.

Perhaps most infuriating was Wes Anderson's use of emotional manipulation in the movie . He uses such things as the hotel being oppressed by the SS - sorry the "ZZ" - and Agatha being killed by the "Prussian grippe" as cheap methods of sympathy while also using them as stupid jokes. "ZZ" stands for "zig-zag," a joke that seems very characteristic of his sense of humour, but one that is totally inappropriate, especially given that the hotel isn't persecuted for any reason other than Nazis are mean and do bad things and are short-hand for bad guy. The tone-deaf preciousness is echoed in the "Prussian grippe" name; it's funny because the Spanish flu killed 50 million people? This sort of thing is practically unprecedented in Wes Anderson's movies, but then again there hasn't been one so hollow thus far so either.

I'm sorry that my opinions of one man's films do not match your own. Of course, if you were capable of any type of reasonable intellect, you would know that people should be able to engage in critical discourse regarding works of fiction without resorting to baseless ad hominem attacks.

The infuriatingness of his quasi-ideology doesn't end there either. I found M. Gustave to be a pretty terrible character, and yet the movie doesn't really try to satirize him so much as it lionizes him as a noble spirit from a bygone age or some such bs. He talks about treasuring things like "civilization" and the way things are supposed to be and Romantic poetry and "purity" in women which just makes me want to throw up. It just kind of encapsulates all the shitty things about the way Wes Anderson thinks into one truly unlikeable character.

Honestly, this movie was so bad I'm having paranoid thoughts that I don't actually like the rest of his movies. Is The Royal Tenenbaums actually any good? If I rewatch Rushmore will it seem just as bad?

tldr: A 1/5 movie

He hasn't made a bad film.

You can't /thread your own post, nor /thread something so awful and gross.

Do you pull your pants up without wiping after shit? Just say /shit without any clean up?

His movies are pretentious because every shot has to be the "best" shot. Every joke has to have perfect timing. It's rehearsed, and slick, and all involved in his films walk around the set like a bunch of peacocks. Have you ever watched any on-set footage? They're all just standing around stroking each others' egos saying how brilliant everything is.

Why is this of all things a copypasta

>your hand on his arm

This is actually pretty on point. The character M. Gustave is really just what Wes Anderson thinks of himself. That's why he's so perfect, beloved, witty, and can get away with anything with a flippant laugh and twinkle in his eye.

The way his characters talk is pretty annoying too. Everything has to be pronounced almost as clearly and phonetically as possible with pauses between words. His films are the opposite of realism.

It's entertaining as hell, but there really isn't much to it is there? I wouldn't go as far as to say it's style over substance, but its not exactly his deepest film.

They are supposed to be uniquely surreal you fucking cunt. theyre cute but totally surreal. think of the life aquatic. cunt.

I know they're supposed to be that way but it's a bad way to make a film. It's self-referential and annoying.

You are on the wrong board, Sam.

So being just a certain way, that the director likes, is pretentious?

How is behind the scenes stuff relevant to the movie? It has no affect on the movie.

well then maybe you shouldnt be in one of these threads at 1 am you no fun having prick

Neither are any of your Sup Forums memes

>explain why you dislike a film in a discussion board for the film
>angry Wes Anderson fan is triggered

news flash

people in movies don't talk like people do in real life, that goes for every single movie ever

wes anderson just goes maximalist with it and I think it works for the type of movies he does

Directors should develop their actors in such a way that spontaneous, real moments unfold in front of the camera.

Have you ever actually seen great cinema? If we were talking about a Transformers movie, I would agree with you that scenes should be methodical, but since we're talking about "big budget" arthouse, we can't just give Anderson a pass because MUH RUSHMORE.

There are so many pauses you could probably add a laugh track to his films. It draws a lot of attention imo but everyone can enjoy what they want to.

Why do you fucking care so much about a minor political scene? Jesus fuck relax.

>Directors should develop their actors in such a way that spontaneous
Literally just your personal opinion and not indicative of the ONLY way to film a movie

Jesus fucking lord you sound like an aspie

Isn't that the point? We're presenting our opinions? If you think there is only enough room in the world for your opinions, then you can just fuck right off back to plebbit.

The problem is that you aren't making these points as if they are just opinions.

>PLEBBITTTT REEEEEE
Can we go one thread without you faglords mentioning your secret favorite site?

>Spontaneous, real moments

So you like mumblecore?

I think I'm just persuasive :D

Autists sometimes think that.

Well good job, you took a film discussion thread from lively to nothing with a bunch of dumbass childish ad hominems. See ya l8r h8r

Not my post faglord

Lol there has never been real discussion in here. Just a lot of bitching about some anti white boogeyman. As usual.

No one mentioned anti-white anything, redditor. The argument was that politics was shoved in to a film where it made it feel less enjoyable.

To be fair, Anderson has a history of writing scenes with white characters provoking black characters.

Is he shoehorning filthy leftist 'ganda into his films? Absolutely. Is he anti-white? Nah, he makes some of the whitest movies ever.

Except there isnt really any fucking politics
Except the first half of this thread is complaining about refugees, with that same usual anti-white goy sentiment boogeyman
>REBBITTTT REEEEE

kill yourself and go back to your own board

>not one single "I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson"
I fucking hate nu/tv/.

Anderson's films do have politics that some people find off-putting and annoying. Maybe that's fine for you maybe it isn't but everyone enjoys different films. You're just strawmanning everyone as Sup Forums because they find some of the politics as shoehorned and annoying. You're the only one mentioning Jews and goys and anti-white sentiment. That isn't anyone's argument.

What politics though?

>Life Aquatic not on the top
fix´d

Wes makes truly unique movies. What other films can you compare to his?

I enjoy them. Feels like I'm a kid reading a series of unfortunate events.

Complaining about some minor message you percieve as pro-refugee in the slightest and then getting assblasted over it, no matter how subtle the politics even are, is being a triggered faggot.

Fucking christ, nobody says you have to watch films that make you menstrate