Can someone post examples of this phenomenon so we can laugh at it

Can someone post examples of this phenomenon so we can laugh at it

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/2743531/is-indie-girl-voice-just-the-latest-version-of-emo-boy-voice/
buzzfeed.com/reggieugwu/what-is-indie-pop-voice?utm_term=.db3AmEn8GZ#.smmkLDgnjR
youtube.com/watch?v=b-eYbUVZedY
youtube.com/watch?v=dMK_npDG12Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FyASdjZE0R0
youtube.com/watch?v=UKp2CrfmVfw
youtube.com/watch?v=8SU0gFPMwP8
youtube.com/watch?v=-8O4UWeAglU
youtu.be/r4wQydu3u-s
youtube.com/watch?v=DuweYhMNZAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's like the kind of voice you hear on a youtube ukelele cover or car commercial, that "whoaohohoh" breathy kinda voice every "so quirky indeh" girl has

womeme

>thinks women exist

mtv.com/news/2743531/is-indie-girl-voice-just-the-latest-version-of-emo-boy-voice/

buzzfeed.com/reggieugwu/what-is-indie-pop-voice?utm_term=.db3AmEn8GZ#.smmkLDgnjR

I have never noticed this trend before, I'm actually surprised

Deep

i wonder if their voices sound as annoying and contrived to women as emo boy vocals sound to us

youtube.com/watch?v=b-eYbUVZedY

youtube.com/watch?v=dMK_npDG12Q

youtube.com/watch?v=FyASdjZE0R0

youtube.com/watch?v=UKp2CrfmVfw

TLDR: youtube.com/watch?v=8SU0gFPMwP8

You mean overtly cutesie and fake? I'm always turned off by insincere singers, and it's usually accompanied by worthless compositions anyway

you havent? you must not have listened to alternative radio in the past few years

Yup. Not to mention Lana Del Rey is about as insincere as you could get.

>what are women like?
>how should i treat a woman?
youtube.com/watch?v=-8O4UWeAglU

Look up "*song title* acoustic cover" on youtube, click first video with a teenage girl in thumbnail, you'll hear the voice

youtu.be/r4wQydu3u-s

At least i know what she's saying

oomg

is Joanna Newsom to blame?

Whoever wrote this article is like 10 years way too late for this think piece.

Every fucking white girl with a ukulele sounding like a retarded billie holiday.

Lol

>lana del rey
>selena gomez
>halsey
>"indie"

that is some mediocre and samy music.
Is that what girls are into?

yeah and that's considered good taste for a girl

Post your own singing voice OP so we can laugh at it

And boys whom want to fuck the girls

This is a really good idea

youtube.com/watch?v=8SU0gFPMwP8

>Sup Forums is full of incel NEETs
enlightening

Deez nuts

but lana is good

>this close to dubquads

checkers
>enlightening
if you only figured this out now you're either new or a retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=DuweYhMNZAo

Why do they always do they always smirk? Are they really impressed with themselves?

Almost all vocalists nowadays sound awful. Males are just as guilty of this cutesy indie shit.

>everything was better when i wasn't sad: the post

They're happy the song is about them

Literally what the article is addressing, the fact it isn't recodnised when female singers are being fake as hell but guys will call emos out on their faggotry. Did you even read the op? Are you a dumb bitch taking desired offense to things?

this has been going on for like 10 years i'm not sure how somebody could just now be noticing it.

it's like some weird breathy articulation and weird accent where the vowels are off that "indie" singers put on and it's both men and women FYI

That must be it, they collect them like scalps.

i honestly think joanna and especially bjork made people do this
this isnt new in any way though

I have always , always! wanted to hear an acoustic version of spirtualizeds "Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space" but the only covers on youtube i can find are these type of dumb hoes. Also for some reasing foreigenrs.

Hey if english isnt your first language, dont sing it, you sound like a tard.

I would also like to hear acoustic version of broken heart.

Do it, OP. You won't.

Women and their boyfriends are loud and narcissistic fuckheads sometimes

They didn't leave me alone for a single day

women are children

I don't listen to the radio

Can youpost male versions of this

Literally every fucking song on the radio has it

my gf only listens to rap from before 1989
are we going to be okay

Lorde btfo

They pretty much just exist to sing the "ow" vowel sound. That's literally their only appeal.

breathy white woman doing the millennial whoop while playing a 90's gangsta rap song (ironically) on a ukulele.WMV

I blame Joanna Newsom

why björk? i've never heard anyone attempt to mimic her vocal quirks or her accent.

Leave Joanna Newsom alone god damnit

>I've listened to Selena Gomez sing "guoid" more times than I can remember now. At first it was like an M.C. Escher drawing or James Franco's career — the more I thought about it, the less it made sense.
burn.
i kek'd.

Bjork has never done this. Plus none of these indie girls could imitate Bjork if they tried.

Joanna Newsom is also doing her thing away from the mainstream and her vocal style is very particular. I don't think she was any influence to Lana del Rey or Halsey, who probably don't listen to her anyway.

>people debate the existence of multiple genders vs two genders
>meanwhile the truth is that there’s only one gender: men
>women are just poorly made men