Does Mexico take in immigrants? What's it like being a gringo in that country? Is it safe...

Does Mexico take in immigrants? What's it like being a gringo in that country? Is it safe? Would I be able to make a decent income as a plumber?

Other urls found in this thread:

elfinanciero.com.mx/nacional/en-junio-se-batio-record-de-asesinatos-en-mexico.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They don't need an immigration ban because no sane individual would move there

Not really. You are not a gringo, but don't come. No. Fuck no.

In fact, we have many retired gringos living in our villages and turistic places. More than a million of them live here.

>Does Mexico take in immigrants?
Depends
> What's it like being a gringo in that country?
You are not a gringo, explain that and you will be fine
>Is it safe?
Want drugs? Want trouble? Will stay in a shitty out of the city slum? or in a small town in the north? If all of the above is no, then yes its safe, but you do need self awareness and modesty
> Would I be able to make a decent income as a plumber?
No

Yes right now we have some inmigrants from Haiti because the US didn't want them after the eartquake, and we have a lot of gringos too, and Venezuelan.

As a plumber no, you wold not have a decent income, or maybe barely enought.

Nothing has really changed aside from 8,000 more from Venezuela ever since.

Guatemala is the Mexico of Mexico.

No, YOU are clogging up our free health care clinics and hospitals, you fuck.

This fucking welfare leeches get out of my country

>having free healthcare

In problems with the justice user?

Donde viven los drug lords? Viven en villas o algo así?

kill all venezuelans

Fuck off faggot

>plumber

Tradies do not get well paid at all in the third world, my man

Move to Australia if you're sick of the cold.

why do you want venezuelans in our country huh?pinche rata

Fuck off faggot

gb2 to south america

Shut the fuck up retard.

If you are a gringo in brazil, your chances of getting some bunda goes up at least 110%

What if you have a company in offshore things. Is it save in Mexico? Are you the same kind of retards like the Americans that don't have vacations?

Mexico is not a safe place, period. You can live your life without noticing if you play your cards nicely. And that only if you are not an unlucky cunt.

>Are you the same kind of retards like the Americans that don't have vacations?
>pic

We do have vacations, tho.

>Mexico is not a safe place, period.
That is so hard hard for a foreign business. Act normal for a while. We can give jobs and shit.

What a delusional cunt you are, not every state is a northern shithole like yours, have you tried the peninsula like Mérida or Yucatan??? Those are prety safe places with a lot of progress.

Safety issues will remain a problem for as long as the Drug War continues in Mexico and the War on Drugs (completely different things, by the way) continues in America.

So it seems it will remain unsafe for at least one more decade until both Americans and Mexicans stop being stupid.

Not that the USA was any better. You are not allowed to give Americans two weeks off with Christmas. The employer had a union, and the workers not. And the local politicians shut our company down. We gommunist.

This fucking year started with no less than 2 shootings in Cancun of all places. With over 400% more murders than last year in the Yucatan Peninsula alone. Single worst year in the last 20, far worse than even 2011.

The fact that you are an uninformed idiot is not my problem. Facts are facts and Quintana Roo is no longer safe, along with Yucatan and Baja California.

But keep living in your bubble, tho, if that makes you feel better than to admit we are in a precarious situation right now.

Why is your work site down? This is an disturbance in the relation between other companies. That kind of shit. But if we are closed in Europe, we are closed everywhere. You all get paid to celebrate Christmas. Our company got in a lot of cultural differents with that.

M8, we had a tea spoon taste of narco violence in CDMX this year
The capital was supposed to be a safe no narco zone.
This needs to stop

Not him but do you know how is it going on Guadalajara and Baja Californias, last I checked it was a paradise for gringos.

Last time I checked Guadalajara was the stronghold for the "Jalisco Nueva Generación" cartel (the new zetas), and they left 2 beheaded bodies outside of a resort in ensenada.

I watch news every single day. You just have to do that to realize,

>2 shootings in Cancun
the world is going to end, oh my god 2 shootings !!!!! omg TWO shootings in the whole history of Cancun.
You are the type of person who sees the glass with water half empty.
also:
400% like 10 murders per month????

>2 shootings just in the first month of the year in a resort is no big deal

elfinanciero.com.mx/nacional/en-junio-se-batio-record-de-asesinatos-en-mexico.html

The fact that they try to do their shit on the shadows now its because they are trying to avoid the military
But killing amongst themselves is as violent as ever, and of course colateral damage

>Edo Mex
>Green
Just how?

>tfw from michoacan

Its pretty bad but at the same time it isnt, things like newsreporters and doctors have been targetted victims of the organized crime but even then its unknown wether it would happen to you or not. Most could live their entire life with the only violence experience is what they see on tv. But others get affected by it even if they are not part of the problem.

Its pretty sad how the country is right now desu.
I really dont see that as much as a problem, Im of course not in favour of people killing each other and I rather see no deaths but if normal civilians arent really affected by violence I can rest better.

>Hidalgo all green
Feels good to live in the Switzerland of mexico

literally every state in USA have murders and i don't see their economy shrinking.
also:
>I´m going to post ONE news site so they believe that Mexico is a shithole.
also that image proves that the south is still better than the north.
>if the north is fucked tho whole country is.
literally kys delusional cunt.

A lot has changed on that chart since the S*rians started flooding everywhere.

Peace index doesn't even show crime or murders but instead is heavily reliant on military presence and you are fucking using a figure from 2003, fuck off. Unless you think Honduras is safer than Mexico.

And I am delusional. Shut the fuck up, idiot.

That chart is only talking about immigrants to Mexico, and we only have like 10 Syrian refugees.

Should I move to Mexico? Do Mexicans even know or care about Serbs being savages?

As long as you dont go full nazi ruso then no

Really ignorant question, but why doesn't America help Mexico squash the cartels? We fight wars for countries all the time, why can't we do this for our neighbor? Explain the complexity of the issue to me.

Because you want the cartels squashed
We never gave a shit since they kept violence to a minimal and stayed out of each others way, never targeted civilians
So you send us to fight a proxy war for you in order to join nafta

It's almost like we might as well just quit being dicks to each other and unite as one country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

Is this true? Do they actually genuinely like us, or are they just trying to use us for money and/or to get into the US?

Gringo in Brazil means foreigner. All foreigners.

Oh. So it's unsafe because gov't is trying to impede the cartels?
What a naive plan.

Because the strategy of military action against them is just making them violent

The strategy of military action against them is literal death squads killing them all.

Well, maybe is not 100% safe, but we have a good amount of tourists compared to other latin american countries.

I hope to go there and the USA once things calm down a bit and they ban guns. Gotta see those old mesoamerican ruins.

You are very welcome to visit us Sverige.

Loved your country btw.

Tienen sus propios ranchos y dejame decirte que a diferencia de la creencia popular a comparacion de sus ratas ellos no son tan malos, de hecho en su mayoria son amistosos y si por algun motivo te llegaras a topar con uno aqui en Mexico lo ultimo que pensarias es que es un drug lord. Eso si, cuidate de los perros de sus perros,aunque no tendras problemas en reconocerlos por lo general andan rodeados de mujeres y se la viven en las cantinas mas "cutres" de la ciudad.

>Colima
>red

Lel stupid fgts should have remained part of Jalisco.

Most mexicans wont know what Serbia is, you'll be fine

what is a gringo then my friends?

We don't want to become Pakistan 2, desu.
Nothing personal, desu.
And this guy is right, everything was fine until fucking Calderon started his war against drugs he's responsible for this shit storm

That's how we call white foreigners, basically it's like calling you niggers.

how would OP not be a gringo then

because Canada isn't white

Only the burgers are called Gringos.

lol

ok mexibro

come visit canada please sometime ive never met a mexican person ( or any hispanic person) before and id like to hear someone speak spanish

bullshit

Canada is on my next vacation plans.

Don't listen to this faggot.

Is this why Canadians always wear leafs when abroad, to avoid being mistaken as Americans?

this

The complexity here is first of all political, it would be unacceptable for Mexico's population to be policed by foreigners, least of all Americans which remain the nation's great historical adversary. Nationalism is stronger in Mexico than it may seem so even if Americans were only deploying in the sierras the sole knowledge these operations are ongoing would be enough to produce far worse destabilization as the population would riot, maybe even side with the cartels in affected areas. Any politician even suggesting this would be accused of treason.

Then there's the practical matter that the American model for fighting these organizations is a failed one. American intelligence has largely directed our own law enforcement to take out the cartel heads and secure their bases of power which has had the effect of further escalating violence as cartel lieutenants fight it out amongst themselves to occupy the resulting power vacuum and seek out new territories. Also as the cartels get squeezed out of their main source of revenue they turn to activities such as kidnapping and extorsion. There's no model here that American armed forces could use as a blueprint and no conditions for victory.

Finally, it doesn't address the root cause which is ongoing demand in the US and very effective policing of sea and air routes which has made overland traffic through Mexico the sole remaining choice. Let's say you were able to succeed, much the same as Colombia was once the main source of the problem, back when air and sea routes were the most profitable, you would only transfer the problem elsewhere, let's say for argument's sake you were able to completely stop traffic from Latin America, you'd get Asian drugs flowing via Canada.

The thing America needs to do is either enforce EFFECTIVELY it's prohibition on drugs, it's actually easier for high school kids to buy pot than it is to get booze, or legalize it. Solving that helps Mexico more.

these would be valid points except youre mexican, so anything you say is just a lie to get a green card. youre fooling no one, ernesto

see

>t. Sinaloense
Los narcos son una plaga que debe ser exterminada a cualquier costo

Middle class Chilangos are starting to expand out of peripheral areas of CDMX into formerly crummy areas of Edomex because CDMX proper is becoming ridiculously expensive.

Mexico already has the military capacity to take out the cartels. Whenever the army engages cartels instead of just city police the narcos typically end up decimated. The problem is that

A. There are some corrupt members in the Mexican municipal and state governments whom are actually profiting from the cartels through bribes. These officials actively block many military and law enforcement actions that could seriously cut down cartel strength.
B. Some government officials would prefer organized crime to chaos.
C. American tactics would very likely not work in Mexico. This is a domestic insurgency, and low level members are very hard to identify often.
D. Some left wing members of the Mexican government are totally opposed to having army or militarized police patrolling the streets.
E. A US military presence would not help. It would be seen as an incursion by most Mexicans and the US military has even less knowledge of the situation than the Mexican military does, and would likely resort to overkill style attacks to wipe out areas where cartels function, making the general Mexican population anti-US. We've shown to inflict mass collateral damage, even when successful
F. Cartels, tend to regrow. They are often formed in poor areas, where people are so desperate that they turn to crime as it's the only way to actually make any decent amount of money. To fully lock out the allure of narco lifestyles, poverty rates would need to be reduced in these areas of Mexico first otherwise people will simply keep taking the easy path.

>America jersey
o b s e s s e d

how the fuck is chiapas one of the most peacful

narco violence is focused mainly in the north because thats where they operate most of the time (smuggling drugs across the border). they don't really have a reason to operate in chiapas

not only that, there is like 1 million illegal gringos here, not only criminals hiding mostly normal folks who went yolo

Is ingrained in our culture You'll have to kill everyone here.

It means American
>That's how we call white foreigners
No. Shut up.
That's how we call Americans of any race, except for pochos (most of the times, anyway), because that would be weird.
He is most likely Chinese or Indian, but that's beyond the point. The important thing is that he is not American.

Not me. Kys, narco.

moldovia*

Are you even Mexican? Lol

Aren't there over 100,000 Spaniards here? Also I highly doubt there are more Americans than Central Americans.

>thats how we call americans of any race
really? so a black, hispanic, asian, or native american would be a gringo? i thought it was just white people

>just white people
No, Americans in general, much like how "tico" refers to Costa Ricans in general.
>Aren't there over 100,000 Spaniards
That chart doesn't take into account people with double nationality. So 1) Spaniards living in Mexico for over 2 years who got the nationality don't count, and 2) Mexicans who lived in Spain for over 2 years and hold the Spaniard nationality also don't count.

>Does Mexico take in immigrants?
Yes and no. For the period 1945-1990 there were laws but no one cared too much, pretty much everyone could move in.

After the Mexican migration to USA, there were a series of agreements that were signed between both countries where USA would be less severe with Mexicans immigrants watched the southern border with Guatemala and enforced and made laws more strict.

As we are a corrupt incompetent shithole, with end with strict laws that create an horrendous bureaucracy with useless forms and requirements that make life miserable for people who want to move and work here legally (including highly capacitated and demanded people from Europe, North America and Asia), a south border where migration officials make lot's of money in bribes to allow Central Americans to cross, and illegal immigrants that want to reach USA and live in the worst conditions possible, being beated to dead by the police, or kidnaped and forced to pay huge amounts of money (for them) to get free

What's it like being a gringo in that country?
As everything, depends a lot if you go to a big city, a medium one or rural, also depends on which city. People will beg you money all the time probably.

Is it safe?
I doubt you would get killed or hurt, but as "gringo" people will think that you have lot's of money so probably you'll be mugged

Would I be able to make a decent income as a plumber?
Oh God, no. 95% of plumbers are independent self-employed informal workers without any kind of social benefit, no health insurance or coverage (except "Seguro Popular" but that's a joke) no contributive pension, etc. On the plus side, they don't pay income taxes, I guess.

It is possible to make a living but it is hard and you'll need to know several things about our terrible plumage. Some cities like Puebla, Mérida or Cancún have so terrible water that they need to change the plumbing every 2 years, if they do it.

You'll have more luck giving English classes

THE NARCO FEARS THE MAYAN

So mexico is literally like Gotham in the Dark Knight Series pre-batman?

Most of the population of Chiapas is poor, so they are not a good market.

Most of Chiapas is mountains, infrastructure is the worst of the country, it's full of jungle and prone to natural disasters. So it's not good for transport route.

Finally, only a few areas are good for production, and fewer have access to roads north that lead to urban centers and USA.

There are narcos, as some transport can be done along the "Costera" highway, part of the Panamerican highway, but besides that, Chiapas is of little value.

More or less, but much worse and without Batman.

oh god my siides

A Canadian plumber could probably make good money as a contractor provided you get a foothold working for expats or wealthy Mexicans first.

Most plumbers here are self taught and people competent in dealing with real problems and who you trust not to make shit up to overcharge you are rare. Add to that they very rarely have more than a very basic toolset, these guys will literally be gone half a day just trying to find something like an O-ring and that your average middle class considers paying more than USD20 for a job as being overcharged. I had a guy in Mexico City who was fucking good at his job, as in fucking fixing any problem once and for all, he was sometimes hard to find and charged a lot more than regular guys but he fixed things in a half hour and was more than happy to walk you through whatever was the issue. Needless to say I never used anyone else once I got a hold of him, some of us do know the value of good work.

I also know a Dutch guy who switched from being a carpenter to a general contractor, he started doing drywall, which not a lot of people do right here, and was on his way to setting up his own business last I saw him. If you're used to working at developed world standards and can pick things up on just studying there's certainly a good chance you can be making upper middle class income within the decade. Again, a lot of this is dependant on you getting a good start.