/who/ — Doctor Who General

Snow TARDIS Edition

What's one thing you DON'T want to see in series 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dP2Cp3-dGUs
youtu.be/s9x4CulTTTU
youtube.com/watch?v=ISeGvPN-hgw
youtube.com/watch?v=005hhOPMK4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for cloister hates women

more like dr. why

companion oriented episode

i need as much capaldi i can get.

previously on /who/:

daleks.

im not sure if i want a cyberman episode.

Sleep No More sequel.

why wouldnt you want that?

Why would you want that? Sleep No More's story was poo and the world it's set in was uninteresting.

daily reminder that there is now a superhero who is public knowledge and now every present day story will beg the question 'why didn't the ghost help'

No cause he said he was gonna lay off it, you tosser. Either use your brain or go stuff yourself.

is this the recently proposed Moffat Defence Force in action?

No. I actually don't like what Moffat's been doing since series 8 and I'm eager to see him gone.

It's just that that guy wasn't paying attention to the story and if you don't pay attention then you should just quit talking and get stuffed.

"get stuffed"-user is so weird. are they a kid? are they a devout christian? who knows

fuck off then. cunt

I heard it on my 54th rewatch of Torchwood the other day. I say it now.
Get stuffed.

[Holding cells]

BILLY: Argh! I got terrible guts. Dunno what it is.
JACK: Bad conscience, Billy. Try confessing.
BILLY: Get stuffed.
JACK: Okay, let's do it the hard way.
(Ianto brings in Janet the Weevil.)
BILLY: Merciful Christ! What the?
JACK: They have a tendency to act up.
IANTO: I'm losing him!
BILLY: Please!
JACK: Something to say, Billy?
BILLY: Yeah, whatever you want. Just get it away from me! Get it off me!
(Ianto puts Janet back in its cell.)
JACK: Okay, Billy, you've been on a killing spree. Why?
BILLY: I work for the Pharm. They'd been giving people this Reset drug, but there were these side effects. Parasites or something. They were gonna die anyway, so I had to get rid of them before any weird symptoms showed up in public.

>daily reminder that there is now a superhero who is public knowledge
Why is this a big deal? There are alien invasions in Doctor Who that are public knowledge.

This is the face of autism

It's 3am here. I've fucked my sleeping schedule to hell.
It's a shame to see that /who/ has gotten so slow these past few days. I LOVE it here. For the first time in the many months that I've been here I've had to make threads after seeing them die from idleness (this one and the the doctor dances one). I am UNHAPPY.
All of you start talking about something. Call each other faggots and fight over whether or not Moffat is good at his job. Just do it because you're BREAKING MY HEART.
DO IT OR GET STUFFED. I'M NOT AUTISTIC.

oh shit is this an actual canon widescreen version of the poster?

I'm working through The Dalek's Master Plan now.

I already like Bill more than Clara.

What's your earliest memory of Doctor Who

Watching McGann's movie at my Grandma's many moons ago
Never got into the show until 2010/2011
And didn't connect the dots until later
Might be why Mcgann is my favourite doctor now

Watching an episode of The Simpsons as a kid, seeing a guy with a hat and a long scarf, and going "Who the hell is that? I don't remember that Simpsons character."

>I've fucked my sleeping schedule to hell.
Same.

>All of you start talking about something.
Planet of Evil and The Awakening are both pretty good stories that nobody talks about.

Also I deleted the first version of this post because I unintentionally attached an unrelated reaction image
and I was going to just delete the picture but forgot to check "File Only" before hitting delete.
This is why you shouldn't fuck up your sleep cycle, kids.

Is there any cheap spots to buys these poster size??

Best McCoy VNA cover?

Remember when we saw this poster and its lack of jenna and genuinely questioned if clara was gone for good or not?

Flipping through channels, I think I once came across The Empty Child or The Doctor Dances on the Sci Fi channel. I just remember people running from creepy kids in gas masks. Also I think I somehow knew it was Doctor Who, although I didn't know what Doctor Who was, so I must've seen commercials for it even before that. But anyway, I changed the channel and it was years before I properly watched an episode of Doctor Who.

No.

Didn't even say my own. Basically I haven't really got one from before sitting down at age 11 to watch Chris Eccly's Doctor in series 1.
Of course, it was cause some internet friends were talking about it, and I'd heard the title plenty of times, like you do, so I asked what it was. I remember googling it and seeing this image of K9, this profile shot of him, and it tickled something in my memory. Figure I must've seen him somewhere before.

Tom Baker and some Daleks, most likely Genesis since it was darkly lit. I think I was only about 5, not even sure how I remember it since I don't think I was even paying much attention. I only got into it during series 1 and my first episode was Aliens of London.

This is pretty cool, haven't seen it posted

youtube.com/watch?v=dP2Cp3-dGUs

Neato

This is breddy cool haven't seen it posted

youtu.be/s9x4CulTTTU

The next spin off should be an adaptation of I, Davros.

I keep meaning to rewatch these to reaffirm my opinion on them.

for a company related to film I would've thought they would know to make the guy who's talking's head a little more in frame

This made me think of Weta Workshop.
Which, of course, got me thinking about Peter Jackson.
I guess he got a Dalek without ever actually having to direct an episode, huh?

Flipping through channels and watching Fires of Pompeii back in 2009. I think that was the very first episode I've watched entirely, I had seen the show before but never finished an entire episode. Also, there's literally nothing wrong with the Fires of Pompeii, stop hating it.

>Best McCoy VNA cover?

He and Peter basically flipped us with that short skit last year. Based Moffat finally said the truth though.

Capaldi totally CAN'T lie by the way. That is absolute proof right? He hasn't been asked to stay and he's leaving.

Why does he look so smug, /who/?

It would be neat if Jackson directed Capaldi's regeneration episode next Christmas or something.

He's proud of his degree in highest science.

what is the highest science?

Women.

Botany.

Something like this, I imagine
youtube.com/watch?v=ISeGvPN-hgw

Very high.

It'd be neat if Peter Jackson directed the god damn Tintin sequel and Capaldi stayed for the next two series.

What was, was, will never be again.

fuck you you just copied my botany joke.

I'm dying, Clara. Everybody knows that everybody dies. Everything has its time. You'll probably forget me but I won't.

best place to watch/download classic who??

He never lied about Peter Jackson though? He just made a little video with him.

Do Cybermen Dream of Emotional Sheep

By Peter Harness.

Is Series 4 the only series with GOAT episodes and just one shit (The Doctor's Daughter)?

Not when Journey's End exists.

it only has 2 goat episodes though

hi

But the only goat episodes were The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky

Then we have established one thing only...

Nice try Helen

Why do "fans" complain that the last 2 series should have been called The Clara Show?

I don't understand. There was huge focus on Rose (and her family) when she was companion, less so on Martha, and Donna had almost an entire episode of her own. Also, the Ponds were a big part of the Smith years. Also, we had Doctor-lite episodes in the RTD years too.

In the last 2 series, the Doctor has been the lead character in every episode, including one episode when he was the ONLY speaking character.

When you irrationally single out someone for disliking, they can start to seem more prominent than they actually are, and every last little thing they do or say becomes another offence.

People just like to complain. I remember people complaining about how the show became the "the amy and rory show" during the Smith years. Series 9 was one of the most Doctor Focused series we've had.

>Might be why Mcgann is my favourite doctor now

well yeah there's no other way. mcgann a boring

The show is literally called Doctor Who, as in the question that the companion asks every time when meeting the Doctor. The show is from the companion's perspective and they are the true main character.

t. Moffman

This might be true, but their domestic drama is not as interesting as soap and sitcome writers of the revival might think.

Clara

but we already have a fairly good idea of who the Doctor is. What's the point of watching a new character learn things we already know?
Companions are in general pretty weird because we know by definition that they are only with us temporarily but the series still makes them out like the most important person ever

>What's the point of watching a new character learn things we already know?
Ignoring the part where the show is meant to be picked up by new viewers with each generation...The point is that it's vicariously fun. It's like the reason 11 gave in Meanwhile In The TARDIS about how he could see things afresh through his companions' eyes.

Osgood. Should've stayed dead.

>Should've stayed dead.
But she did.

Well too bad for you because I'm pretty sure that CERN episode will feature UNIT and Osgood.

>Then why am I here?
>Because. Because I can't see it anymore.
>See what?
>I'm 907. After a while... you just can't see it.
>See what?
>Everything. I look at a star and it's just a big ball of burning gas and I know how it began and I know how it ends and I was probably there both times. After a while, everything is just stuff. That's the problem. You make all of space and time your backyard and what do you have? A backyard. But you, YOU can see it. And when you see it, I see it.
>And that's the only reason you took me with you?
>There are worse reasons.

I can't believe this scene didn't make it in to the show, it's brilliant

I actually rather like Osgood desu, it's Kate that just seems aggresively bland. I don't know if it's just the actress or what

>because I'm pretty sure
Why.

Because, unlike Clara, Rose, Donna, Amy etc. didn't create the entire concept of the Doctor ("never cruel or cowardly"), meet and inspire him as a child, choose his TARDIS for him, save his life bazillions of times, learn his name, convince him to save Gallifrey and weren't the reason the Doctor left Gallifrey in the first place. Don't you watch the show?

That's GOAT, what's that from?

>I can't believe this scene didn't make it in to the show, it's brilliant
It was never written for the show, those minisodes were specifically written to exist separately (hence why they are set between episodes). The idea of them being deleted scenes is common misinformation.

Not in any meaningful sense. Moffat loves a technicality-death.

youtube.com/watch?v=005hhOPMK4U

..and then she became essentially immortal or long lived and got her own TARDIS and companion, and escaped the Time Lords, despite being an ordinary school teacher.

Moffat used to be a teacher, didn't he?

Fanfic

>save his life bazillions of times
Not this shit again.

CERN episode?

>create the entire concept of the Doctor ("never cruel or cowardly")
People seem to put a hell of a lot of importance on something he heard in a dream when he was little.

There was a set photo of Unit recently and they were at the end of Mysterio also Osgood was mentioned.

Don't forget the Doctor died a billiony williony times purely so he could save Clara from death.

fanfic

Journey to the Center of the TARDIS. It was in the Time War book. She forgot it at the end of that episode but she may have remembered again in Name of the Doctor.

No there wasn't. There was a location photo with actual UN soldiers in it.

>What's one thing you DON'T want to see in series 10?
Bill

I agree that she should've stayed dead, but as far as she isn't, I'm not against seeing her again.

I KNEW I'd forget something. And those are whoppers.

So what you mean is, they shouldn't have used her death combined with the fact she had a Zygon duplicate as a plot point?

That's the first time he ever heard it. Kind of important considering it become the mantra he lives by.