Will it ever be made into a film? If so, who could do it justice? Could a show be made?

Will it ever be made into a film? If so, who could do it justice? Could a show be made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tyOYQ8qfFng
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They've tried a few times to make films from Cormac McCarthy novels, but all of those have utterly failed. Why give the old cunt another chance?

Good one mr. troll

Doesn't Franco have the rights at the moment?

No Country was one of the best book to film adaptations ever

No Country for Old Men failed? The Road failed?

James Franco is suppose to do the adaptation. Which scares me since he is easily the biggest hack director in hollywood.

The Coen brothers

The bigger question is who can play the Judge or Glanton. There isnt an actor that can pull the Judge off. Not even Vincent Donfario which I heard.

Only Gibson and the coenzyme might be able to, but even then it's still a risk. Some books just aren't meant to be Adapted

Judge Holden is uncastable.

I vote for John Goodman

You can't make a book into a film, dumb dumb dummkopf, it'll stay a book no matter what you do, but you could adapt the source material, although that's a questionable way of going about it. It'd be like me trying to freehand the Mona Lisa. It'll never be the same.

Night of your birth. Thirty-three. The Leonids they were called. God how the stars did fall. I looked for blackness, holes in the heavens. The Dipper stove.

He could have been a perfect Judge.

The mother dead these fourteen years did incubate in her own bosom the creature who would carry her off. The father never speaks her name, the child does not know it. He has a sister in this world that he will not see again. He watches, pale and unwashed. He can neither read nor write and in him broods already a taste for mindless violence. All history present in that visage, the child the father of the man.

At fourteen he runs away. He will not see again the freezing kitchenhouse in the predawn dark. The firewood, the washpots. He wanders west as far as Memphis, a solitary migrant upon that flat and pastoral landscape. Blacks in the fields, lank and stooped, their fingers spiderlike among the bolls of cotton. A shadowed agony in the garden. Against the sun's declining figures moving in the slower dusk across a paper skyline. A lone dark husbandman pursuing mule and harrow down the rainblown bottomland toward night.

>the child the father of the man.

what did he mean by this?

DDL would be Glanton perhaps even Russel Crowe.

youtube.com/watch?v=tyOYQ8qfFng

this book is a national treasure and isn't appropriate for the film format

it could be done, but it would never be able to approach the scale of the book itself, it would merely scrape the surface and give normies a sense of awareness that there is good literature out there, full of beauty, but you don't have to read it because some second rate fuckface thinks he's some hollywood prodigy capable of taking a piece of work whose main components are reliant upon the reader's ability to digest, comprehend, and imagine the dialogue and situations put forth, and render it into some moving picture plebeian cliff notes production, fit only for the lowest of the mouthbreathers in society

it would be a fucking insult to anyone with a functioning brain and decent taste in reading material

there will be blood is one of the few films that has even approached taking it's source and adapting it properly, the prestige being another decent example, but neither of those books are on par with meridian, only a fool would want such a timeless property damaged by the current state of "adaptation"

>inb4 autist

idgaf senpai, it's probably one of my favorite books of all time and like so many other things i've watched hollywood take camera based shits on, i would prefer it remain as is, because it's fine as is so long as you can muster the ability to read beyond a grade school level

I agree but I want people to make a film in order to encourage more people to read the book.

They did translate the emotion of No Country to screen as well as possible. Blood Meridian would be even harder.

Single hardest question on Earth. Big, jovial, capable of acting as the emblem of violence.

i can sympathize with the thought, but you must realize that going an almost certainly dumbed down film to a book like this would be a step backwards for that crowd, i'd wager a large portion wouldn't make it past the first chapter desu

the revanent is an example of this, and that novel was a piss easy read- the film glossed over or dropped entire narratives to pack it into a reasonable screen time, as well as added elements to the plot that weren't needed, not to mention changed the ending entirely simply to satisfy the audience's expectations

if someone had seen the film first, then read the book, they would be confused and probably come away thinking the movie was better when that couldn't be further from the truth

if i don't respond again after this i've fucked off somewhere but you seemed cool and reasonable user

Honestly Nicholas Cage would make a great judge

>Single hardest question on Earth. Big, jovial, capable of acting as the emblem of violence.

John Goodman

Too old now, unfortunately

andrew dominik could probably pull it off, Jesse James did an excellent job of elevating the material to an almost mythic quality

LOST get

Oh fuck, lord dont let this be true

What makes the book great is the dense prose describing everything in such vivid detail. That's not something that can translate to a visual medium.

It's true. Apparently it's his dream project.

>It's true. Apparently it's his dream project
Starring dave franco and seth rogen as the judge

Christian Bale as Glanton
Daniel Radcliffe as The Kid

Bear with me on this one,

Vince Vaughn as Holden

He's 6'5, already quite plump, have him fatten up a but more in the face, shave all hair, maybe some prosthetics if his body doesn't look fat enough.
I feel like he could pull off the Judge.

McCarthy is a glorified lifelong NEET. Now he's a single father at 100 years old because his crack addicted ex-girlfriend is in jail or dead or some combination of those things in no particular order.

But yeah, still a really good book.

James Carville looks like he's already hairless everywhere on his body. 20 years ago if he put on some muscle, he'd be pretty close to how I visualized Judge Holden when I read the book. He even has some minor acting creds.

none of this is true

Not a bad idea.

i'm in

drama vaughn is slept on

You know Ray they say that even a dumb animal can dance.

Me? I am the one true dancer. And I never fucking sleep.

Obviously he's not actually 100 but the rest is mostly true. He was in and out of college lived off scholarships and grants whenever he could and his first wife left him because they were broke as shit and he refused to get a job. He is a single father now at 83 because his crack addicted wife was locked up after pulling a gun out of her vagina.

No really, she pulled a gun out of her vagina. You can look this up.

Powerful stuff

>caspere knew this

Vincent D'oforio (sp?) for The Judge. Only living actor that could pull it off. He's got the cadence for it too. Vince Vaughn's voice just wouldn't work, or at least how I imagined it.

this vincent d'onofrio is a good actor meme has to die now, he usually overacts, he is fucking akward and when acting mad he just yells and puts this constipated face that only makes him look like an edgy fat chubby loser anime lover with no friend

I think of a completely shorn Brendan Gleason desu

dinofrio has the voice and body to do it, but i can't imagine anyone acting it out properly. holden is terrifying as he's leading a town dance in the nude, and joyful as he describes his horrific worldview.

not to mention that the book has basically no plot. it's war - man after man of glanton's gang dying horribly in between their own triumphs of violence. in between judge monologues, without mccarthy's prose being delivered by some big gay narrator, the movie would just serve to disgust viewers,

>the southwest is beautiful
>people are barbaric
>the end

Don't forget the dead baby tree

oh that is definitely included in the
>serve to disgust viewers

that chapter prologue or whatever was the only moment while reading that i was truly taken aback.

...maybe also the massacre at the crossing. shit was brutal.

>tfw I couldn't get into the novel
Stopped reading after The Kid got into a scuffle at the bar and then was about to be signed up for some war.

It seems very interesting. But jesus christ I hate how dry the writing itself is.

>dry

welcome to the southwest

drag his ass out of retirement for Toadvine

Perfect

The only way to do this movie is complete pitch black for all of the movie but there are occasional lightning bolts

CG Judge. He's not human anyway.

I mean I get it, it's a style that fits such a depressing and brutal story.

It's just that I couldn't find myself enjoying it further.

Honestly I don't think I'd enjoy a faithful film either. Didn't really dig The Revenant even if it has stunning camerawork.

And that's not me saying the work itself is bad, it's just too dark for me.

You're joking that he's retired right? We do need a Hellboy 3.

>You know what they say about war, kid? They say it's hell. Well it just froze over, and I'm the devil's advocate.

Glanton knew this.

Mike Myers as the ex-priest

Ed Harris

pft this is a joke right

> More people need to read books without punctuation because that means it's art

>Will it ever be made into a film?

All of books will, so obviously.

He's one of those meme authors that make books that are easy to adapt to the big screen.

Fuck you, John Goodman or Vincent D'onofrio would be a great Judge. They're the only logical picks.