Not a single WWI movie from Hollywood

100th anniversary of WWI ongoing and Hollywood hasn't made a SINGLE World War One movie. Consider the following events that would make a amazing movie.

>Assassination of Archduke Ferdinand
>Christmas truce soccer game
>Rasputin and the Fall of the Romanovs
>Gallipoli
>Lusitania sinking
>Armenian Genocide
>Numerous novels like All Quiet on the Western Front and Storm of Steel to adapt into a screenplay
>FUCKING GODDAMN YOUNG HITLER INT HE TRENCHES

But no, what do we get? Fucking Baywatch, DUNFUCKINGANOTHERWWIIFILMKIRK and more capeshit.

I mean for fucks sake if they needed "diversity" there's the story of the black american doughboys. When the 100th anniversary of WWII comes and Hollywood makes 10 billion Holocaust films to commemorate it they can kiss my ass.

PS: No Wonder Woman doesn't count.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0424205/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Russia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Russia
youtu.be/0MD4-s-ruwg
imdb.com/title/tt4776998/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah but how many Jews died?

Uh, All Quiet on the Western Front is a movie too.
And Steven Spielberg made a WWI movie. Doesn't get more Hollywood than that.

>War Horse
>Paths of Glory
>Lawrence of Arabia

>that reading comprehension
OP is complaining about now, the anniversary of the first WW, all the shit you listed are made decades ago

You're retarded. What are "Paths of Glory" and "All Quiet on the Western Front"?

I think OP is saying that in the context of the centennial of American involvement in The Great War, it would be fitting to make a big budget oscar bait film, but there isn't one.
>The films you've listed are pretty good

Hollywood cares more about WW2, it has more "dramatic" material I guess you can say

movies made years and years ago, dipshit

theres that armenian movie with christian bale that turks are all shitting on imdb before it released

Pic unrelated, i presume.

And no, you cannot make movies that touches on russian history without RIDF flocking to the comment section shilling about how Ukraine was never a country or that the Holodomor and Katyn never happened.

Gallipoli is great with prime Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson always was, is and will be in his prime

As many as in WWII.

The Ukraine never was a country, it was a region where the Rus come from

so, zero?

Cant think of its name but I was watching some artsy fartsie Hitler movie a few years ago and they did have some WW1 / young hitler in the trenches stuff in there

There is a movie of it and ive seen it.

imdb.com/title/tt0424205/

They were Lesser Russians, user. The Kievan Rus existed way before Moscow even exists.

>No Wonder Woman doesn't count.
Fuck off MRA

If they did make a World War I movie, they would probably fill it with anachronistic diversity just like in Battlefield 1.
Also, Hollywood has always preferred WW2 for Jewish victimhood

Same guy withen.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Russia

As opposed to

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Russia

>Another shit for armchair generals and historians to bitch about.

There's no good vs. evil though

I know, that's what I said. The Rus migrated east from the Ukraine area and that's why the whole area between there and the Siberian sea is known as Russia.

>hasn't seen Galipoli

Someone once said that every war movie is a recruitment film. I want to see a film that attempts to prove this statement wrong. WWI would be a good setting for this. The scene where both sides celebrate Christmas together would show how they don't actually want to kill each other. They're just following the orders of their rulers because they've been brainwashed to be patriotic in public school.

>that turks are all shitting on imdb before it released

kek, that's pathetic

Paaschendale (2008) is pretty good, Canadian though

How was it?

We will never have a truce like this again, ever.

>Someone once said that every war movie is a recruitment film. I want to see a film that attempts to prove this statement wrong.
Come and See

>Paaschendale
>Good
>No
>No it isn't
>It really isn't
>It is not good at all
>There are maybe 10 minutes of highlights, if that.
>He died on a cross

Isn't that the one where its just a shitty love story with 15 minutes of actual war action?

>Big budget WWI movie
>near the end of the film
>German hospital
>"And your name?"
>"Hitler, Adolf Hitler"
>Roll credits

This is the same name dropping foreshadow that capeshit franchises does except its a billion times more memorable because its a real person.

Rasputin would be a great if done right, guaranteed Oscar nomination for the actor who played him. There's a recent biography that would easily be translated into a movie.

Lusitania is a no brainer considering how successful Titanic was. There's already been two books written about it "Dead Wake" by Erik Larson and "Lusitania: Triumph, Tragedy, and the End of the Edwardian Age" There were a lot of interesting people on the Lusitania and also the German sub.

German sub > Iceberg

Oh and the Battle of Jutland would make a great movie because who doesn't love giant fleet battles?

>Big budget WWI movie
>near the end of the film
>main character drags a wounded soldier out of the line of fire as artillery fire explodes all around them
>"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING JUDEN"
>mc stumbles as a shell explodes close to him, but he stands back up, readjusts his helmet and continues to drag the other combatant away from the hellscape that stretches all around them
>"THEY WILL PAY FOR THIS JA"
>fire dies down, they are safe in an trench that's empty except for a corpse
>"w-what's your name" our hero asks
>"DONALD TRUMP"
>roll credits

>Canadian though

Fuck you man. Canada made major contributions to the war effort and played an important role in many key battles. I resent your dismissive attitude.

a fucking leaf

>100th anniversary of WWI ongoing and Hollywood hasn't made a SINGLE World War One movie

You're a fucking retard.

>what is Novgorod

Why do you blame capeshit? 6 or 7 capeshit flicks this year out of all the films in Hollywood. You might just as well blame animated shit.

There is an adaption of Journey's End

A few guys kicking a ball around is not a "game". The Christmas Truce has been really over-romanticized. As it happens there is a movie from a few years back called Joyeux Noel which is all about it.

>Gallipoli

There was a superb tv series in Aus/NZ in 2015 which blew the old movie away

Does legends of the fall count?

Who the fuck cares about what kikes of Hollywood do and don't do

kys OP

>this guy

youtu.be/0MD4-s-ruwg

>which blew the old movie away
I will fight you in the street, nigger

Crikey digger! There's no need to be mad as a cut snake, she was fair dinkum bonza that show and old Gibbo's movie is looking as flat as a koala on an Outback highway these days, reckon.

>ITT: Niggers who can't comprehend the meaning of OP's retardedly worded post.

>Noone watched WW1 horsekino

no country existed until someone drew borders on a map, what's your point faggo?

Why don't we get any movies about Justinian?

>conquered most of europe
>had a virtuous wife
>killed plenty of barbarians
>brilliant legal legacy
>was a pretty cool guy

more like JUSTinian amirite

I guess part of the problem is that the Central Powers weren't Nazis, just people like us who happened to be on the other side of a pointless conflict. Hollywood loves making WWII movies because the Nazis are ready-made easily identifiable villains, morality can be kept nice and simple for audiences. WWI takes away that clean-cut good/bad divide and forces audiences to confront the fact that war largely consists of innocent men killing other innocent men because powerful people told them to.

>Make a World War 1 film.
>If you don't lie, you will have to show how badly Germany was treated.
>Then Hitler's speeches about Versailles's treaty suddenly make sense and you don't see Germans in WW2 in a bad light
The things Hollywood doesn't want you to know

>mfw that's not mud

nice digits

I like Byzantine fashions.

War Horse came out like 3 or 4 years ago goofy

The USA had a hell of a lot less to do with victory in WW1 compared to 2 and they are prolly the biggest driver of movie stuff and so there isn't as much stuff made

>and you don't see Germans in WW2 in a bad light
No reason to invade Poland. The Soviets and Nazis were both shitheads.

What are you talking about Poland is literally made to be invaded and split up

>WWI takes away that clean-cut good/bad divide and forces audiences to confront the fact that war largely consists of innocent men killing other innocent men because powerful people told them to.

And we can't have that, because Hollywood is a tool of those same powerful people that make up the establishment. War is glorious, be a hero, enlist today!

Seriously though what a waste of time though right? No one even wants to live in Poland today.

So many lives ruined just for a giant pissing match.

because it was absolute dogshit

Yeah but they can at least speak Polish while they're farming potatoes and tending to the dirt.

>a group of canadians are pinned down by a German machine gun in Amiens
>decide to pretend to surrender
>Germans aren't buying it, and open fire
>main character uses his friend as a human shield to get close enough to throw a grenade
>one german soldier survived the blast and begs for mercy
>gets a bayonet in the forehead

Which one? 1915?

>War is glorious, be a hero, enlist today!
Goddamn right user.

No such thing as Armenian genocide

>They were Lesser Russians, user. The Kievan Rus existed way before Moscow even exists.
Learn history, you silly man. Kievan Rus IS Russia. Russia started in Kiev and later other Russian cities started fighting for power until eventually the capital of Rus moved to a city that is currently Russian. Kiev was stil a part of that country though, it was literally the same country. That later that land was captured by a bunch of different guys, until eventually Russia got it back. Then a drunken idiot gave it independence just so that he could use Ukrainian support to gain power in Russia. What a cunt.

Why can you deny Armenian genocide but not Holocaust?

because one was ethnicity based and one wasn't, and you're an anti-Semite if you disagree

Why doesn't nobody ever care that Bolshevik Jews killed about 20 million Christians in Soviet Russia?

>Canadian
ewww

Congratulations, you've been jewcucked! Fight for your overlords!

Holocaust survival stories are strikingly similar to gulag accounts

>it would probably undermine the 'travesty' that occurred in Germany

>pinned down by a German machine gun in Amiens

Did those scrubs even realise you can go through the second floor corridor between C and D to get behind the machine gun?

I hereby nominate Guillermo Del Toro to do a Rasputin biopic starring DiCaprio.

This is straight out of a Steampunk story.

To be fair you massive cocksucker, the OP was particularly badly worded.

The Promise

imdb.com/title/tt4776998/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

Check out the votes breakdown for a good kek

Source? Preferably one which doesn't wear bias on its sleeve? I'm not challenging the assertion, I've just never heard this and I'm genuinely interested

Actually you're wrong OP there is a WW1 movie out this year.

It's Wonder Woman

Young indiana jones movies take place from start to finish of the war and go to multiple different countries and get tons of different views of the war.

War is, like, so lame.

is it any good?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union

>Leaves are nice.
>Trees are nice.
>Maple syrup is nice.
>The leaf symbolises Canada pretty well.

Better than
>abstract geometric "stars" and repetitive "stripes", symbolising what?

You shatter cunts should have the silhouette of a mobility scooter as your flag.

t. Bong

They keep making holocaust movies because ''it was real in my mind''

a surge of people have learned the truth recently so they made Denial...

Skip the parts where he is a kid. Go straight to the part where he is played by that actor. Its really fucking good though. Nice character arc and really helps build the indy backstory. Ford is even in it a bit.

>a fucking leaf

Not a word about Jews there

I'm pretty sure Jewish Oblast is a meme because Stalin moved all the Jews there to just live and be Jewish without bothering everyone else

>>Gallipoli

there is literally a movie called Gallipoli

except its aussiekino

>What are your legs?!
Springs, Steel Springs

>What are they gonna do?
Hurl me down the track

>How fast can you run
As fast as a leopard

>How fast are ya gonna run?
As fast as a leopard!

>THEN LETS SEE YA DO IT

>no good vs. evil
a plebians conflict has to be good vs. evil
a patricians, does not

hey roach

To answer OP, it's because on WW1 movies they cant cry about muh holocaust

jews only seek to further their own persecution

ww1 has no appeal

There is literally a movie about this, though. Joyeux Noel. It's kino.