"Kickassia" (2010)

This "movie" is just a shakycam recording of awkward theatre kids loudly making tryhard jokes over one another supercut with footage of them running toward things while screaming.

Discuss this bizarre memento of the achievements of human autism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qploW_J1oUM
youtu.be/h76fBmV2GVo
youtube.com/watch?v=67ZZUSpeS4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post pics of his fat wife

This entire film was basically condensed into one joke by Douge.
youtube.com/watch?v=qploW_J1oUM

I love how Brad is the only one who doesnt seem to be tryharding at all and just wanted to have some fun with his friends.

Brad is the worst of the bunch because he thinks he's better than them and tries to seem like the cool guy. But on his own he's just another spergburger like the rest of them

He doesn't try to be better than them. He seems like a really cool guy. The problem is he willingly hangs out with the other spergs and genuinely enjoys being around them for some reason.

>literally 3 1/2 hours long

Brad is a turboburger surrounded by spergekings

It was released in segments like a serial.

Isn't that the other one, To Boldly Flee or some shit?

That's To Boldly Flee

Kickassia is 1.5 hours long and released in 30 minute serials

youtu.be/h76fBmV2GVo

At least it didn't cost $60,000 like this did

>buys a studio
>throws a bunch of cardboard boxes around and calls it an alien planet

Just a reminder to let the ads play.
youtube.com/watch?v=67ZZUSpeS4k

Is that the one where he's fucking the fat chick with big tits?

Wait did he actually buy a studio or rent one? 60 grand seems a bit cheap to be buying a studio on (and also a grievous waste of funds for such a low budget).

>tfw Latza was the only one to actually make it

He rented a studio. He seemed to put a lot of effort into trying to make this a professional production. Obviously the final product doesn't reflect that, probably because he used the money to buy a house instead

I don't understand these longtime internet video makers. So many of them are uncomfortable to watch and uncomfortable with themselves. I have studied performance for a while, and one of the trickiest skills of all is recognizing your own physical habits so that you can correct them/lessen them(ask a dance teacher to do an impression of your walk for a simple yet deeply embarrassing corrective lesson). In order to make your audience feel comfortable, you need to get rid of physical mannerisms that don't contribute to your performance.
There are tons of little things like your tiny habits to worry about and these youtubers have considered none of them. I feel that so many of these performers give off a desperate energy as if they are unsure what will make their performances successful. If I were to see them do what they do in videos, but live, I would feel uncomfortable to be in the room.
I'm sorry for the insanely long post but these people unsettle me so much and I just don't fucking get it. Is it the hate of people here that sustains them?

wow, was that really in 2010?

feels like yesterday

I think it comes from living life as a social outcast, you self-esteem is so low that its high

>why aren't these spergelords professional actors?

I thought he blew all the cash on the "spaceship" set so every other set in the movie had to be cobbled together and filmed with the same shitty equipment he uses on his show

please come2 eggkara and share your insight we go deep like this all the time about TGWTG shit

The best I can say for it is that it was better than the follow-up Channel Awesome films that came after.

I meant instead to ask "how are they still relatively popular?"

They make people feel better about themselves by comparison. If they were talented they wouldn't be as popular.

Because people don't watch them for the acting. They watch them to see some guy poke lighthearted fun at movies they remember seeing when they were kids. Those movies like Kickassia and Suburban Knights are really just self indulgent, jokey side projects. Why would they downplay their quirks when the whole joke of their on screen persona is hamming up those quirks?

Still better than AVGN's movie

they aren't. I live in a shithole country and our own reviewers which are only relevant within our country get 10 times the numbers of CA people, nobody watches them anymore

This, Channel Awesome is dead

Nostalgia Critic doesn't even have a million subscribers on YT, and lots of the people that were leeching off of him back in the day have JUSTed themselves hard and aren't making anything anymore, or disappeared off the face of the planet

Owencitizen was like the only person on Channel Awesome who actually knew shit about movies and wasn't a fucking autistic sperg.

>that James Rolfe cameo

more entertaining than Space Flop

>human autism
Has autism been documented in other animals? Are their autistic dogs?

Wasn't that show about reviewing comic books, how can you even make that into a movie?

this tbqhfam.

Cats are basically Dogs born with autism

Too bad Oancitizen is/was a gigantic SJW pussy, I kind of liked watching his take on movies.

I watched Suburban Knights, Kickassia I couldn't stomach 5 minutes of. It's awful.

Remember his "It's a Wonderful Life" parody he had Lindsey take part in a joke that if he never existed then she wouldn't have aborted her child for a documentary back in college?

Doge internet defense force spotted. At least us cats... I mean at least cats don't eat their own shit, fido.

Why don't any of them know how to frame a shot.
He reads comics for god sakes.

This is their job specifically because they are lazy and have no ambition why would they bother framing a shot even if they knew how to?

He's generally watchable in spite of that, most of the time. But then he has the weird videos that start out about German expressionism and end up being a literal defense of cultural Marxism.

The only thing bizarre about it was just how far they got without someone realizing just how much of an autistic mess it was.

You'd think someone, anyone, on the team would have the nerve/balls/insight/self-awareness to say "Jesus Christ, this looks awful".

I was a lot younger, in my teen years, when I first saw it, and I think this might have been the biggest cringe-inducing movie my young mind had seen.

Film brain looks even more potato than usual on that poster.

To be fair Nostalgia Chick got a good film education and went to school with the Furitvale Station director.

why do people do this shit? sad, half serious attempts at filmmaking by adult losers

To be fair she's also a talentless hack, who murders innocent children.

>working a shit-teir position in a massive corporation
Yeah, really living the dream

Gotta start somewhere user.

The fact of the matter is he's actually in the industry no matter how tenuous his position, and isn't living off autism bux while making shitty videos on the internet.

In 20 years, he'll look back and be thankful he never made it "big" and instead got a real job.