None of the characters in Mad Men are supposed to really likable, but Jesus, they really want you to hate her...

None of the characters in Mad Men are supposed to really likable, but Jesus, they really want you to hate her, don't they?

yeah it's funny that so many of the male anti-hero golden age shows have very unlikable wives. carmela is a total hypocrite. skyler is a cunt. betty is a child in a woman's body (inb4 that's all women).

Every woman I know loved Skylar.

It's just how the shows are framed. Anyone who tries to be the voice of reason against the protagonist looks like a cunt. If the show followed Skyler and showed how Walt being a self-indulged drug dealer was ruining their family, you would side with her.

I know it's a meme-tier example, but normies all hated the Lannisters from Game of Thrones despite acting in their own rational self-interests.

art imitates life

No way. She's completely unlikable.

You really underestimate how dumb most women are. Any woman, no matter how much a cunt she is, that stands up to her husband is a hero to them.

It's ironic, because you come to care about her a lot in the end, OP
This was such a great show

>inb4 that's all women
Well... It is.

but I fucking love the Lannisters

It's funny because none of those women are written to be unlikable, but you all have a deep-seated hatred of women.

Carmela is technically fine.

Who was in the wrong in this scene?

Betty and Carmela are fine but Skyler is just urgh

I too thought Skylar was a cunt until I watched the show a second time and realized I was only rooting for Walt unconditionally.

>If the show followed Skyler and showed how Walt being a self-indulged drug dealer was ruining their family, you would side with her.
Pretty much. There's a significant overlap between the 'Skylar is a cunt' crowd and the 'Heisenberg is a badass' crowd.

Betty is a sad character, worthy of more pity than she is hate.

Even when she gets a "let me see the manager" haircut and forces a divorce on Tony after stealing his money?

It's kind of understandable waiting to divorce a guy after getting mocking phonecalls from his mistress about how much he prefer her over you.

My parents went through exactly the same thing, amusingly.

Betty is perfect

Its all Dons fault

>Betty is a sad character, worthy of more pity than she is hate.

In season 1 I would have agreed. Then she becomes this manipulative, Mommie Dearest psychopath until the writers seemed to forget about her.

>None of the characters in Mad Men are supposed to really likable

>Sal
>Roger
>Ken
>Stan
>Paul
>Ted

They had their quirks but weren't terrible people for the most part.

t. Tumblrina

Paul, really? No way he's likable.

Yeah you are supposed to partly hate Betty, but you're also partly supposed to pity her.
on one hand her life is great, what else could you ask for. On the other, her husband is calling her therapist behind her back.

funny that they are just as immoral as the husbands, its like people are people...man

>Paul, really? No way he's likable.

He was a shitbag pseudo-beatnik until the Krishnas took advantage of him. He was, at least, trying to be something more then.

His story almost redeemed Harry except he continued on being a shit after that.

Don and Betty make Betty almost sympathetic but their story, and all the shit with it, dries up early on.

Once she marries Henry she becomes bitch-zilla. Her relationship with the kids, especially Sally, is inexcusable. I know it's supposed to be Betty acting like her mother whom she despised but it comes back often as excessively cruel.

Don deserves as much, if not more, hate than Betty.

bullshit

have vag, hate skylar but shes badly written and only used by writers as a foil to walts plan

say what you will about carmela being a wet blanket and a ceeature ruled by fear but shes consistent in her motivations And reactions and it let to a plot point: aj s failed swim

but i already hate january jones as a person

nobody is disputing that

>Walt was pushing drugs
>Don was cheating and lying 24/7
>Tony kills people or haves other people killed

Ah but it's their bitch wives who were the real cunts of their shows.

>the negron complex

Sums up the entire 60s decade desu