Well this sure sucked

Well this sure sucked.

Who else fools themselves into thinking that the rest of the season will be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9vRmLUCn50
youtube.com/watch?v=v_cP2UPJeVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Norbury

Never read the novels. Was Sherlock originally this forced obnoxious, autistic, unlikeable, unconvincing pseudo super hero?

No. He's very likeable. He's definitely got some autistic traits but in the stories he's much more charming and treats other people with a little bit of respect, although he has somewhat of a competitive nature and sometimes is a bit >devillish. He bantzes Watson from time to time but doesn't treat him like a complete idiot because he values his medical knowledge and companionship. He's clearly a pretty decently appealing character when you consider the amount of spin-offs he has generated (since the mysteries themselves are pretty shit imo; the Sherlock Holmes stories are a character study of Holmes)

If you want a good tv series to watch that follows the books well, watch the Granada series with Jeremy Brett. Shit's gold. Second best is the Russian one with Vasily Livanov.

Not sure if I've been watching a different show here to people in this thread, it was absolutely terrific! We're four seasons in now and Sherlock has a real confidence about it, thought this was well worth the wait. Has all the things needed for a classic episode of the show (or at least as classic you can get from eleven episodes thus far!). The cast were absolutely on fire, that last act twist was terrifically well done. Blistering stuff.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what Sherlock really is. Yes there's mysteries and cases, but at the end of the day it's all about that formidable duo of Holmes and Watson and how their relationship matures and develops. It'd much rather see more character building in that form than having to rely on case of the week every week, as that's a sure fire way to burn the series out.

Toby Jones in next week's episode and he makes everything better, hopefully episode 2 is just as good! (anyone notice the blink and you'll miss it poster of him when John steps off the bus?)

that reads like a reddit comment

Jesus Christ

its obvious copypasta and i wish this board would stop calling everything reddit its getting old

>last act twist
what twist

But I did get it from reddit and you ruined a good streak I had going for consecutive you's. Probably wouldn't have beaten my record of eight though.

>this board is literally people actually going to reddit and posting things from reddit so other people will say their post sounds like its from reddit

>self insert for whites who like to think they're badass autistic geniuses

I'm sick of this genre to be honest

youtube.com/watch?v=K9vRmLUCn50

I'd write them myself, but reddit is just so much better at it. I can go to their sherlock discussions and pick the best one and just drop it anywhere with no context.

This guy is absolutely correct I've been a massive Holmes fan since childhood and the way they fucked up his character is downright offensive to me. He never had superhuman powers like in this shit show, most of the mysteries were of the "I should've seen that coming" type.

He's also very respectful towards others if they are deserving of respect, especially women, and treats Watson like an equal. They have some bro-tier banter but Holmes never, ever betrays Watson's trust or uses him for his personal gain. Him and Watson both acknowledge that they're lost without each other. And no, they're not fucking gay in the stories, the second thing I hate about the show is how they turned the most iconic male friendship in literature into tumblr gay jokes and pandering.

Livanov and Brett are based. But even fucking RDJ's Holmes is a better character than this crap.

nice one

Girls just can't understand anything without sex. Boys just love solving mysteries together. That's why there's the hardy boys but Nancy drew has to work alone.

I missed out on American detective fiction growing up but you're right. It's why Holmes never wanted a gf. Also why he didn't give a shit about Irene Adler after he'd gotten what he wanted, unlike in the series where he spends the entire episode thinking with his dick.

Started off such bro-tier too.

>hey john want to come solve a murder?
>hell yeah I do
>friendship established

>forgetting the Magnussen guard scene

Sherlock is explicitly anti-white ya doofus

It did. But they destroyed the bromance in the Baskervilles episode and it never recovered from there.

Honestly how do you fuck up such simple source material so badly?

Is this series any good? I haven't seen a single episode cuz it looks like brit crap (Dr. Who)

It's probably the worst thing on Sup Forums right now and I'm not even exaggerating.

Literally Doctor Who but needlessly dark and edgy with an unlikeable autist and an irrational simp for main characters.

Putting the final boss in right at the start and then killing him and then running out of ideas.

How did they destroy it? I don't remember.

You mean Moriarty?

I just love how they took a character who was only relevant in one story out of dozens and turned him into le edgy British Joker then killed and resurrected him twice for good measure.

youtube.com/watch?v=v_cP2UPJeVg

mary@0;02

He spent most of the episode treating Watson like shit, then secretly fed him that drug that made him hallucinate and led him on to believe that there was something supernatural going on.

The original Holmes would never lie to Watson and use him as a test subject against his will. If someone had done that to me I would've told him to fuck off and never show his face to me again. But Watson is a spineless bitch so he just let it slide.

>sherlock loses to old guy in season 3 who out thinks him
>instead of admitting defeat or defeating him in a smart way sherlock straight up murders him in cold blood
>expecting me to watch the show after that

Show would be so good with Moriarty always in the shadows.

>sherlock ignores a bunch of murders and chases down random statues to get a pearl.
>Moriarty sends him a letter saying that he's getting fed up with sherlock stealing his stuff

Just what I thought, kinda. Is anything produced by HBO good at this moment? (have taste and don't mention HBO)

I'm glad she finally died, she wasn't interesting. We want more boys with mysteries, not cunt relationship drama. I can't remember Watson having a child in the stories though, wonder how this will work out, they're not just going to have it killed or have him give it up
well they ran with the idea that Moriarty was behind a lot of crimes in London, but forgot they were making three fucking episodes every two years. They couldn't make it some dramatic reveal, they already teased you in the first episode with thinking Mycroft was Moriarty, but it is retarded how they keep bringing him back

just adapt one of the other fifty something stories, don't try to write your own, fucking slow ass show

so who was the red head?

This. I felt cheated.

the only Holmes things I've seen/read are the original Conan short stories/novels, and Sherlock. I'm pretty sure Holmes did trick Watson once with something like that, are you positive he didn't? It doesn't seem like something they would come up with on their own, all they do is steal ideas

Knowing the writers probably some villains henchman

I hate how they tried to play the "muh gurrl power" angle with her. She didn't do anything noteworthy in the stories and when she died, Watson didn't give a shit. I sense more idiotic drama coming with this kid bullshit.

He's okay with getting beaten, but that guy was just too evil to let live. He doesn't kill Mycroft every time he's smarter

He did trick Watson once or twice by telling him to follow leads that he knew wouldn't amount to anything. But never by feeding him a fucking experimental drug that caused him to experience a literal living hell and could probably have killed him. Also when he tricked him in the books, it was more to make Watson feel better about himself than for his own personal gain.

>short stories are perfectly adapted to an hour long episode
>it cuts out most/all of the story that would take place from the criminals perspective/build up to the case
>that music
>jeremy brett smoking 60 cigarettes a day on set while not shooting
best portrayal ever

>He doesn't kill Mycroft every time he's smarter
No shit. Maybe because he's fucking brother and not a villain?

Comfiest shit ever. Helped me overcome clinical depression.

that's the fucking point. He was pissy that Sherlock killed a guy to death, thinking it was "because he was beaten" and not "he was about to get away with everything"
he was close and had the opportunity

Because Sherlock was a dumbass who got himself caught this guy suddenly became too dangerous to live? Bravo. If only Sherlock always chose the simplest solution when encountering a seemingly unsurmountable obstacle.

It was retarded and inconsistent, Sherlock's Sherlock character likes playing games for the thrill and is extremely prideful to the point of nearly swallowing poison to prove his intelligence, shooting a guy to death and self destructing would be considered "cheating" and a boring move to make, tantamount to flipping the chessboard.

He checkmated the guy you meant. The whole point was that he had secrets, yet revealed, like a dumbass, that those secrets were held only and exclusively in his head.

>Blow his head of
>No more secrets

You don't need a super detective to do this. Just assassinate him.

Did Sherlock ever kill anyone in the books? IIRC Watson was the one who did all the shooting.

He shouldn't have revealed everything was in his head.

>blow his head
>get caught by police
Real intelligent.
The only reason baldy didn't assassinate Sherlock fist is because he didn't think he's retarded enough to self destruct. He thought Sherlock was a player.

Moffat and Gatiss are fucking hacks. 3 FUCKING YEARS to make 3 TV movies and they can't make all of them at least GOOD?

Caught by spe-ops? When said government now knows you can't be threatened anymore since everything was in your head? Had Sherlock not fired, they would have.

>Had Sherlock not fired, they would have.
Which makes his decision all the more retarded.