How do I watch The Wire? I finished season 1 and barely remember any character names. Most of them are bland, generic...

How do I watch The Wire? I finished season 1 and barely remember any character names. Most of them are bland, generic, and uninteresting. Nothing that happens is entertaining. Convince me to watch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5obDMFMFxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You better fuckin watch it or your Sup Forums credentials will be revoked. Hurry up, nigga!

youre just a pleb. not much can save you.

No amount of convincing will correct your shit taste user. If you didn't like season 1, there's not really any point in continuing, because you won't like the rest.

>Convince me to watch it
I don't get people like you. Watch it or don't, who fucking cares.

I liked every fucking crime drama I ever decided to watch. The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, every fucking Tarantino movie, I really fucking Carlito's Way, that's my favorite movie. But I can't enjoy this, no matter how hard I try.

Well I want to like it and I have nothing to watch.

Maybe you just hate black people? If so, maybe try season 2, it's pretty white.

The only moments I liked were the ones that included D'angelo and his people, everything else was fucking boring.

I was the same on my first rewatch. I gave it a shot and it blew me away.

S1 I barely knew the names of the characters at the end, got interesting when Kima gets shot.

S2 I fucking hated the first time, I almost dropped the show because of it. Still decided to hang on and it was worth it. On a rewatch already knowing the characters and all I loved it.

S3 is where I got addicted. I was watching 3-4 episodes in one sitting. Probably my favorite or 2nd favorite season.

S4 is epic, just awesome.

S5 gets a lot of hate, but it kept me going to see how it was all going to end, especially for the main bad guy. Was not dissapointed, the ending ties it all perfectly.

When I was done I thought it was the greatest show of all time. Then I started watching Sopranos and liked it better, but thats just me, I just love the mafia overall.

honestly it's not like i have an actual life or a job, so i'll just watch the whole thing

If you don't like it you aren't going to magically start to because someone gave you a convincing argument. It's slow and dry and if you find that boring that's fine. Don't watch it.

Forcing yourself to is just going to make you hate it more.

Please don't be offended but maybe you should just stick to Transformers and superhero movies. Not everyone is can be patrician.

Tarantino, breaking bad, is this suppose to impress us? Youre just making it worse. Pleb.

It really isn't that good if we're being honest. It got praised because barely comprehensive police talk made it feel smart. And because of the negros. It really isn't very smart at all. And I can only remember one out of all the negros.

b8

1.25x speed was best I found.

Well, Wallace is alive!

i hope you all die fucking cancer retard taste bitches faggots

Fbpb

This show is like a newspaper your dog brings to you. It is something more special than normal news, it is dog news.

you just might not be a redditor

thats a good thing

the shows probably one of the most preb praised heavyhanded reddit pandering shows in existence

>HUEHEUYHUEOMGOMGOMG THE CRACKHEAD SAID THE SAME LINE HE SAID EARLIER IN DA SEESON OMG SO DEEP!!!

What French theatrical bullshit would you recommend then?

1/10 made me reply

go back

the wire is trash

This really. I'll be honest I had a hard time liking it too the first try. Because it has no music, no cool shots no eccentric characters and no cliffhangers. Basically everything that Breaking Bad does have. So it's very dry and slow. But unlike Breaking Bad it actually has substance and plot that's not arbitrary and reliant on simple cues and shit like that. Watch it again and try to get invested in the world. Learn the characters and what makes them tick, try to understand the police lingo and chain of command. Learn about the system and understand the way it fails and keeps everything spinning like it is. I garantuee you it will impress you.

Or don't and stick to easy to swallow pleb drama, I don't care either way.

Idiot.

you be sayen we wuz pawnz and sheeeeit?

it's boring, liberal garbage. the ONLY reason the wire gets any praise is because it was falsely advertised as being based on true events and people which it wasn't. libtards treat the wire as some dramatized documentary

>How do I watch The Wire? I finished season 1 and barely remember any character names. Most of them are bland, generic, and uninteresting. Nothing that happens is entertaining. Convince me to watch it.

You're a pleb, nothing we tell you is going to fix your brain's inability to process basic information or follow a non-linear narrative, so don't bother continuing. Just stick to CBS comedies or whatever other trash you waste your life watching.

Shut the fuck up. There's nothing liberal about it, unless you want to call reality liberal. It's not racist if that's what you're implying. I bet you can't come up with one concrete thing the show portrays that coincides with liberal agenda.

>liberal

Baltimore is democratic city and most of the police and politicians are depicted as assholes

>HUEHEUYHUEOMGOMGOMG THE CRACKHEAD SAID THE SAME LINE HE SAID EARLIER IN DA SEESON OMG SO DEEP!!!

This pleb is having an autism fit.

You replied to the wrong person, famalam.

sorry senpai. Meant for

LIKE OMG THE NOBLE NEGROS ARE PLAYING CHESS

10/10 SHOW I GOTTA GO POST ABOUT THIS ON REDDIT!!!!!

FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW LIKE WHEN THE BLACK PEOPLE SAY SMART STUFF BUT WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE RETARDS 10/10

look how fast the plebs sperg out when you point out the wire is a shit show

they dont have actual taste they just like what they think they are supposed to like.

>REEEEEE IDDIIOTT U SUCK JERK!!!!

thx for the ez win redditards

lmao
this faggot is mad as fuck right now

kek meme replies and quips, OH Sup Forums

>you're allowed to post on TV when you are not only too dumb for the Wire but also too dumb to make an actual argument about its merits or lack thereof

I loved the show but I remember cringeing during a conversation between McNulty and I can't remember who where they spoke about how people and the newspapers don't care about the deaths happening in the black community while the death of a young white girl causes a media storm like it was some sort of great incomprehensible philosophical whatever the fuck piece of racist injustice (while the most obvious explanation is that young white girls don't get killed every other day and it's probably also more relevant to the newsreading audience). My memory of the scene is shakey as fuck but it was a case where I felt the writer's opinion made it into the script.

>namecalling
>all caps shitposting
>barely-contained rage hidden behind thin veneer of ironic misspellings

And you're accusing someone else of sperging out? Embarrassing.

>no music
>no cool shots
>no eccentric characters
>no cliffhangers

2/10 made me reply

If you aren't hooked by the end of Season 1 don't bother
Watching everything won't get you better at arguments on the internet since you're already gone deep enough to get shamed into watching series you have zero interest for

season 2 was my favorite. I liked the WHite boi feeling it gave me, and the dock working setting paired very nicely with the baltimore atmosphere

took me three seasons to differentiate between some of the niggers
honestly though through the first two seasons that the chief nigger was the same as the drug boss's brother

I've never really seen proper West African niggers IRL and I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this monkey looking fuck

Really picks up in season 2.

ill bite
>white girls dont die every other day
This is what happens, but more realistically its about class. Class-perpetuated racism is likely, but this doesn't prove the show is liberal agenda spewing anything because first: It is still true regardless of what you say, and second, the wire likes to take neutral moral stances, more on the unfixable side of things.

She's not nearly dark enough to be "proper West African" you clown.

She's probably never stepped foot outside of Maryland.

>tfw unquenchable jungle fever because I live in western europe.

This just confirms what said.

>but more realistically its about class
That's true, and somewhat what I was alluding to with the 'newsreading audience'

But yeah I'm not saying it's a liberal agenda spewing show. It's just an example and really the only example I could directly think of, which isn't enough for any kind of spewing.

The anons here label everything that isn't neo-conservative as "liberal". They don't like it because it shows a possibility that black people are stuck in their environment due to uncontrollable factors rather than the belief that they're just stupid.

>She's not nearly dark enough to be "proper West African" you clown.
West Africans are hugely diverse in appearance you mongoloid. Though I guess she could be Central African or something as well.

>She's probably never stepped foot outside of Maryland.
Where do you think 'African'-Americans originally came from?

Africa probably. Are you implying every black person from the USA has been to africa, ya dummy?

>Are you implying every black person from the USA has been to africa, ya dummy?
When did I ever say anything of the sort? I'm entirely talking about ethnicity

>mfw watching those 16:9 hd rips
holy shit feels like a completely new show

Carlito's Way is a Scarface knockoff

>bland

This ain't breaking bad, kiddo. Shouting and screaming every episode isn't character development. Go watch Jessie cry again and think 'wow such raw emotion'.

then don't watch it.

I had to get to the end of season 1 before I understood what was happening fully, but I watched it when it aired so attention spans were more robust.

in the series you sometimes see the characters in situations where old blues, rock or jazz is playing, is it really like this in america?

the wire aged so horribly it really showed how only fedora tipping redditors overhyped it over the years.

Wire fan here.

Is true that is very hard to remember all the characters.
Theres so many of them and african-americans do Look alike for non blacks.

Season 2 should be easier considering they introduce just a few new white characters.

The Wire is overrated, it's good yes but not GOAT, season 5 is dogshit. But Sup Forums likes to pretend it's the best tv series ever made.

The Wire is paced more like a novel than like a tv show, and doesn't have much action. It's not really for edgy teenagers (most of Sup Forums)

>Wire is paced more like a novel than like a tv show
What the fuck does that even mean. Why do people keep repeating this, it doesn't mean anything.

>not everyone is can be patrician
>not everyone is can be
>is can be

dog on master's computer detected

The weirdest think about The Wire is that it's a straight police show with very few twists and yet the autists have somehow convinced themselves that it's a "smart" show. What exactly is there to "get" in The Wire? It's a police show.

I forced myself into watching it because of Sup Forums a few years ago the same way I'm forcing myself to watch Rome right now. Eh, it gives a pretty valuable perspective and is widely considered objective kino, so you kinda know you're a pleb if you can't find SOME value in it.

It gets pretty good

You will after season 2. It's great. Gets better and you will rewatch afterwards again

underrated

>just spend 15 hours doing something you don't like
Who are the people who actually do that. Is your life that empty?

Yes

But yours is too, fellow poster.

the wire is so comfy, especially landsman

jay landsman master ruseman

youtube.com/watch?v=u5obDMFMFxQ