Why do movie and tv people put their alcohol in these glass bottles? To avoid advertising? Just make a generic label...

Why do movie and tv people put their alcohol in these glass bottles? To avoid advertising? Just make a generic label, nobody fucking puts their scotch or whiskey into a separate thing just to pour

same reason actors go up to the bar and order "a beer" or "whiskey neat"

Pretty sure it's not real alcohol.

rich people put all sorts of shit into decanters. you wouldn't understand because you're poor.

>he doesn't know how to decant
do you live in a trailerpark op

rich white people do things just to do things. that's why they have twenty-three different glasses for wines, and fourteen different utensils for dinner
>let me pour this drink into this other containre so I can pour it into other things later
nobody understands it, it doesn't matter if you're rich or poor

>he doesn't blend his own scotch
UMMM, PLEB MUCH?

>there are people who save alcohol long enough to display it

All kinds of this

Why do people put food in plates instead of eating from the pan ?

it's not like using plates instead of a pan, it's like putting it into another pan for no reason before putting it on the plate

>blending
>not single barrel

Once upon a time, and even rarely today it actually still has purpose. Decoration otherwise.

Do you not place your food on/in a serving dish after cooking?

>drinking the liquid jew

>not decanting

that would be soda, m8. alcohol is older than jews. i think.

>le 50s man drinks liquor out of a glass every scene in every room

GARBAGE SHIT TELEVISION

you are also too poor to understand it

>character offers another character a drink
>grabs glass sitting upside down
>flips it over
>pours drink
>doesn't wash it
>doesn't rinse it out
>doesn't even blow into it first

RRREEEEEEEEEEE

How can people stand drinking room-temperature liquids? Those few shitty bits of ice wont help much.
Drinks apart from obvious shit like hot coffee served chilled from the fridge taste superior

Normal people clean their glasses out after using them, povertykid

>I know nothing about mixology

Is this whole thread bait?

Single malt you fucking retard

>mixology
didn't mention anything about mixing fag, just that its better when its cold
t. drinkologist

fuck off povvo runt

It sure fucking is
IIRC the first historical mention of Jews is around 1000BC, beer has been around 3000BC if not longer

1 off
1 off
1 off
2 off
cool dubs!
nice dubs!!
2 off
2 off
3 off
brilliant dubs!!!
spectacular trips!!!!

Things taste stronger if they're warmer
not better, always, but some things are just better, so that's why people let some beers warm up or don't use ice in a drink

>mixing whiskey

holy shit you fags are retarded or 15

I do it, but only to watch you fluster and spittle with rage and struggle to find words other than "fuck" and "shit" and "fag" to spew when you find out that people like different things.

>posting THAT image
Now you're just messing with us, ain't ya?

They don't do it just to "do things". That's retarded and you're retarded for saying it.

They do it because it makes their bar look nice.

Who was in the wrong here?

So, it's like using a platter or a serving dish.

Quit trying to make it sound like other people are stupid just because you're failing to understand simple things.

nice comic dude

That's what (((they))) want you to believe

The guy who's bitching and complaining about nothing.

>autistic hermits that dont even drink pretending that they use decanters and are superior for it itt

my grandad keeps all his liquor in decanters. i think he does it so people won't know he buys cheap shit.

honestly those things are for noveau riche posers and Mad men fedora types

keeping fine whiskey in the original bottle looks better and has more bragging rights in collectability if you were actually a connoisseur

ftfy

>Midsomer Murders

no u

T. Pauper

>nobody fucking puts their scotch or whiskey into a separate thing just to pour
if those things are available for purchase, then there is someone out there who puts them in it

language, bro, learn how to use it

You mix whiskey with a small splash of water to enchance or unlock the flavors more.

Water also helps cut the burn of low to mid tier whiskey.

if you need water in your whisky then it's not very good

if it's something crappy like jack daniels then i throw in an ice cube

>Is this whole thread bait?
A booze thread on Sup Forums is always a bait thread.

That's why I said low to mid tier. Obviously you don't put anything in good whiskey save for a small splash of water, like a drop or two

i know what you said. i'm saying good stuff you don't put in any water

>pleb tries to emulate his favourite film stars
>puts all his liquor into decanters
>doesn't drink it for months
>eventually has a glass to celebrate getting a ten cent raise
>dies of lead poisoning

I don't think you do

>They don't do it just to "do things". That's retarded and you're retarded for saying it.
incorrect. they're bored, they're looking to waste money. they don't know if something actually looks good, they know it's expensive and people with taste do it so they emulate it. if milton bradleys decanter looked like the goatse image, rich people in seattle would have a glass asshole filled with scotch proudly displayed.

your comment is making you look like the retard

>same reason actors go up to the bar and order "a beer"
that works well in real life too if they only have one "beer" on tap.

all alcohol and all carbonated drinks taste awful

if you disagree, you're a fedora

/thread

>all alcohol and all carbonated drinks taste awful

Chocolate milk master race reporting in

Those people are people without crippling depression like you and me user.

>>doesn't even blow into it first
This is counterproductive to your first two points about cleaning the glass.

>that one kid who drinks fruity mixed drinks because he thinks beer tastes gross

Because every single drink and food in this universe has an optimal serving temperature.
I bet you think all food is supposed to be hot, no matter what's in it.

i expect that man to have washed his glasses before putting them into the cupboard. if he blew into my glass before pouring it would obviously not be clean anymore.

IRL a cheap trick of the wealthy.
Put cheap booz in expensive looking containers.
Works every time.

always funny to see that. only women and gays drunk that, plus those kids. they're all weak too, it's like a third gender. never seen a normal/big/fat/strong adult male drink that stuff.

Where I'm from virtually every bar has a kind of beer (usually some cheap standard brand) that they will serve you if you just order "a beer"

Yes, yes you do. You put in a few drops of water to really unlock the flavor.

if they were labeled you'd be bitching about product placement

besides, those bottles look nice

It tastes good, Chad, you should try it sometime.

>drinking alcohol

enjoy poisoning your body. natural weed is harmless, cures cancer and has is the choice of the true patrician.

because it's tacky to leave bottles with brand names in your cabinet, or serve them. it's like wearing clothes with brand names all over. only the poor and the new rich do that.

I can't drink beer to be honest. Either straight whiskey or rum. Those fruity mixed drinks are good though when I don't want to get batshit drunk.

Distillery worker here. Decanting whiskey, scotch, & bourbons doesn't do a single thing for the spirit. Although you could say that it might let the alcohol breathe more depending on how much air is in the decanter this really won't produce a noticeable effect on the taste. If you were smart you would use the decanter as a means to add flavor to your spirit, blended or not. I've seen some of my coworkers put in a few cinnamon sticks or vanilla pods before and both ended up tasting very nice after a few months.

Decanters should predominantly be used for wines, reds specifically. If you've ever found an older wine sitting around you might notice some grime that has settled on the bottom if the bottle was left standing upright for a long period. Instead of throwing it out it's best to pour it straight into a decanter while stopping any sediment from getting in. Once it's all in leave the decanter open for a few hours to let the wine breathe (this will lower the harsh vinegary taste).

i did when i was a kid, same with soda. it's way too sugary and sweet, and i get an awful after taste, plus it feels like it sticks to my teeth.

>platecucks

>it's a "manly men" obsessing over things that are "manly" and thinking people who don't drink beer aren't manly episode
laughing at your lives, to be honest.

>plus it feels like it sticks to my teeth.
You were drinking straight honey, user.

>You mix whiskey with a small splash of water

HERESY
E
R
E
S
Y

Unless your whiskey is really, really shit.

>Once upon a time, and even rarely today it actually still has purpose
Which is? Why would you say it has a purpose and not give it? You are tearing me apart.

amaretto dissarono tastes good

>inb4 some insecure cuck claims it isnt manly enough to consume

>thinking people who don't drink beer aren't manly episode
i have seriously never met a "manly man" who didn't appreciate beer. whenever some guy says "no thanks i don't drink beer" or goes for those sugary ones for the ladies it's always some shy skinny guy or young kid. certainly not obsessive, just an observation.

Filtered water is the only non liquid jew fluid that a man is allowed to drink.

Confirmed for shit. If you don't want spice don't buy rye blends. Try wheat next time or if your looking for strictly sweet look for a 100% corn that has been aged for at least 4 years.

>has more bragging rights
>calling other people posers

That bottle looks like gaudy shit

I've had enough, what does "t." stand for?

>almond liquor
>manly

My mum likes that stuff

>2016
>not drinking everclear and mountain dew out of a paint can

it's like you guys aren't even alcoholics

Agreed. In the real world it's best to have an adult pallet

>being so insecure about your own gender and sexual orientation that you give a shit what other people think about your drinking habits
lmao

Or - they have people that refill it twice a week.

some of that shit tastes good, so I'll have one or two.
>normal, no
>big, yes
>fat, yes
>strong, yes

straight whiskey or a bit of scotch is fine too.

>adult pallet
I didn't know pallets could grow up.
Cut wood nailed together usually doesn't go through a physical and psychological change caused by puberty, but what do I know.

terveiset

yep

My goof

>i'm a man, this means i must eat a bowl of shit to show how manly and non-picky i am! i eat nails and drink my own urine! grrrrrrr

kys

Decanting wine is pretty common and helps to aerate(sp?) it. As for the bourbon I dont know. My dad has a pretty big collection and he's always kept it in the original bottles. You gotta admit the fancy glass looks cool but I dont think it has an actual function

It's whiskey, not ouzo Christos.

your mom has good taste.

too bad you're such a fag. Go pour some on ice and see what you've been missing.

there's a reason "fruity" is slang for a gay or effeminate man