Why do americans clap to mediocre shit?

Why do americans clap to mediocre shit?

i clapped when i saw darth vaaaaaaaaaaader

If you clap in the movie theater you're basically a nigger and should kill yourself

AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST

They want to feel like they're witnessing a sublime moment in history.

The thing that gets my goat is that at no point in their lives will they ever look back at that embarrassing display and feel bad

>thinking actors in a pre-recorded movie can hear your applause
Amerifats actually believe this.

LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS LIGHT SABERS

Death Vader a badass!! And I love the female heroes kicking butt finally :))

I don't know why europoors are so obsessed with this. I've never seen anyone clap in a theater and Ive been to a lot of movies.

Be careful what you say about Rogue One.

RLM said bad things about it and ruined it for everyone. Now nobody's allowed to hate it.

Also, if you ever felt any enjoyment or entertainment while watching TFA, you'd better go ahead and undo those emotions right away because anyone who hates Rogue One must hate TFA too, because obviously they're very similar movies with very similar tones.

>watch tfa
>leave theater thinking disney isnt so bad
>think about it for a couple of days
>realize the movie was shit

i swear to god these movies play fucking mind tricks on you. not falling for this shit again

STAAAR DESTROYEEERRRS

If you enjoyed it, it couldn't have been all that bad.

When you noticed the movie had flaws, did it cause you to go back in time and cut your fingers off in the theater to ensure that you wouldn't get any enjoyment out of watching it?

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DESTROYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Why do RLM drones keep getting so triggered by Rogue One?
Is it because this is the only opinion on movies you have until the next HITB comes out?

i felt like i wanted to enjoy it but something just didnt feel right

>watch tfa
>like it
>browse Sup Forums for a few days
>pretend to hate it because I need my opinions to be validated by an anime message board
I fixed it for you

Why do you think making fun of a shitty movie is being triggered?

it just isnt a good movie. its fucking filled with fan service just like rogue one, which might make it enjoyable for a star wars fan if you just turn ur brain off bro but theres no way im probly ever rewatching any of this shit

it's because they're so fast paced and they bombard you with so much information that you rarely have time to think critically about it

You said you did enjoy it though. You said you enjoyed the movie and then backtracked afterward when you realized it had flaws.

You realize it's ok to enjoy movies that are flawed, right? It doesn't make you a bad person.

Newsflash, nobody thinks Rogue One is a great movie, you are a literal retard if you think so. Its just another flashy 'turnoffyourbrainbro' blockbuster and like capeshit is a mediocre movie at best.

However if you are a fan of Star Wars then its a pretty great Star Wars movie for most people unless your a jaded 'no fun not ever' nitpicker or just a try hard contrarian.

It sounds like you're triggered by people hating Rogue One.

never said i enjoyed it

You said you left the theater thinking it wasn't so bad. That means you enjoyed it, at least to some degree.

not really

theres a lot of shit movies i love and a bunch of objectively great ones i just cant sit through. i mean i know its not that bad of a movie but it just didnt feel like star wars despite having the original cast

You can't use a "no fun allowed" argument with Rogue One, because the movie wasn't fun at all until the last 30 minutes or so.

There are a lot of positive things a fan can say about Rogue One, but... fun? It's not exactly trying to be a fun movie. It's bleak, dark, depressing. Whether you like the movie or not, "fun" is not an accurate way to describe it.

>Mr Plinketts top 10 films of all time

Thoughts?

>not really
Yes, really. You can't have an entirely miserable time in the theater and then walk out thinking "it wasn't so bad". It just doesn't work that way. The human mind does not work that way.

Maybe you think it's a bad movie based on objective criteria, but you fucking enjoyed yourself in that theater and now you're struggling to convince yourself that you didn't.

>you enjoyed it because i say so!!!

man im done with this fucking thread

tfw star wars/capeshit fanboys and rlm faggots are ruining this board

Can we at least agree it's better than TFA

>People still bitching about Plinkett referring to sales numbers
He was responding to someone who literally said "There was nothing good in this movie. It was all awful."

Sales numbers may not be indicative of overall quality, but if the movie had absolutely nothing good in it, then it wouldn't have sold so well. There wasn't even a massive second weekend drop-off or anything.

I'm saying you enjoyed it because you said that you did and now you're trying to backtrack and do damage control.

>everyone on that poster is dead by the end of the movie

Why are these new Star Wars movies so unbelievably fucking miserable? Luke, Han, and Leia were "happily ever after" at the end of Return, why was it necessary to have everything fall apart between then and the beginning of TFA? They had a kid who's turned into a school shooter and kills Han by the end of the movie? Shit's gone really wrong and the brave hero from the original trilogy (Luke) is MIA?

What the hell is this shit?

>Americans clap when a plane lands
>mfw

not the person you were replying to. you will not convince the nu Star Wars fans. their baby brains got a big serotonin rush from all the references and diversity and they ignored the shitty story and empty characters

Jokes aside Mike actually loves most of those movies

>In the breathe saying that R1 couldn't be a success on its own merits

>Can't handle fictional death
Reminder that Anakin killed younglings

>Watching star wars from story and characterization

>moving the goalposts

You lose

I'm not user. I was just jumping in. But Star wars has never been great because characters and story.

(You)

Don't fucking understand why people hate TFA. I rewatched it yesterday and liked it even more.

>defending an uncreative crutch writers who can't actually write use

lol, ask me how I know you're a Walking Dead fan. I'll also point out how you immediately jumped to referencing the garbage prequels instead of the original trilogy.

Is this real?

In what way do those two statements contradict each other?

One movie succeeded because of things that were in the movie. The other succeeded because of things that exist outside of the movie.

All Star wars films do well because they sell on name recognition alone. To acknowledge that star wars is well known and then ignore that when bringing up sales figures is contradictory.

Clapping repels theater shooters.

DUDE RABBITS LMAO