Sean Bean & Viggo Mortensen

These two should have swapped roles

Viggo was mis-cast

Sean... can play either, he's great

Viggo was OK but his ambiguous accent and sketchy manner lends itself more to a pretender to the throne, not royalty itself

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/There-Back-Again-Actors-Tale/dp/0312331460
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

and another

I disagree.

Viggo's strong jawline and piercing eyes made him look very royal. Sean has a rounder, more comely face that fits a warrior more. And that's just the facial aspect. Aragorn was extremely well cast.

Viggo was perfect though. Sean too.

Part of Strider's character is that he's not obviously royal.

this desu

kys op

The casting was alright, but I like Sean Bean much, much more

Was Viggo's accent bad? Rate the American's Middle Earth accents (Aragorn, Sam, Frodo, Arwen, Wormtongue)

Aragorn doesn't die. Boromir does. That explains the casting.

(This post may have contained spoilers.)

I like sam's

>Sean Bean always dies! XDDD

reddit tier post

It was a good accent, he just randomly went out of it at times.
LAT THA LARD AV THA BLACK LAND KAM FARTH

Read the reviews:
amazon.com/There-Back-Again-Actors-Tale/dp/0312331460

Why was Sean Astin such a cunt?

>Part of Strider's character is that he's not obviously royal.

This

Shit, that scene is ruined for me now.

Thanks.

Sorry, I thought this common knowledge.

As much as I like Viggo, it's an accepted thing that he was far better at the Strider aspect of Aragorn's character than the King Elessar side.

Knowing the backstory, he's one of the best fucking last minute casting decisions that's ever been made.

Ehhh my memory is that in the books this is not true.
He seems shifty at first but then when he reveals his face and stands up he seems like a fucking demigod that people find hard not to bow down before.

>not wanting to bow down before this majestic numenorean king

NOPE:
ALL of LOTR cast was perfect. Can't find a single flaw in that casting.

Sean looks too white and evil

He was basically a badass homeless man but with a right to the throne. It makes sense he might be a bit uncomfortable.

kek

While I would jump at any opportunity to promote /ourguy/ Sean, I think it'd make casting him as Ned Stark in GoT harder, in order to avoid typecasting. That would be a sacrifice I am not okay with.

Sean's performance in GoT is infinitely better and more important than Viggo's in LotR, and the first season is arguably the better adaptation than the movie trilogy.

Viggo seems like such a cool due, if I could meet one actor it would probably be him

This.

>samefagging this obviously

>god this is such a typical reddit joke like those fags on reddit do
>(i know this because i'm on reddit every day)

considering the reviews to be true, what a cunt of a guy. why would he publish something like this though

>Sean... can play either, he's great

But he DID play both. Boromir was tempted by the ring but he did vindicate himself by fighting to his death.

Mr. Frodo!
>sam will never call your name with as much emotion

>but his ambiguous accent and sketchy manner lends itself more to a pretender to the throne, not royalty itself

>spent years traveling on his own being a recluse
???

They probably offered it to Bean and he chose Boromir because it's a richer deeper character

>look for jabs at Brendan Fraser, Warren Beatty, and Johnny Depp, among others.

Yeah Sean Astin may have been revealed to have been a bit of a cunt on set but he was a phenomenal Sam and a pretty underrated actor in general.

what a cunt

He probably posts here.