REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Leave Sauron to me

>blue filter
REEEEEEEEEE

>...I care not...

Why did he mention that last part? Huh?

Denial

w

Realistically how could Gondor have used the ring as a weapon?

CATAPULTS

One of the good scenes that required no cgi or over the top special effects. Just acting and beautiful location

one guy would be really fucking powerful wouldn't he? They never showed Isildur use the ring as far as I remember. Just sitting on a horse minding his own business wearing it

he went invisible jumped in a river and the ring "betrayed" him and he got shot in the back. not the most powerful use I've seen

if the person wearing it wanted to win war, they'd become a genius military leader with all the people coming under their banners and being inspired to fight and shit

oh right, that's strange. Doesn't the ring do different things to different species? A man putting on the ring seems to have the same effect as a hobbit doing likewise

because Isildur never tried to actually use it, he was just admiring it. his willpower was Smeagol tier and thats why ring didn't want to stay with him

I still don't understand what it does aside from making you an immortal addict. Obviously it can't make you just invisible, so I guess it kind of amplifies your... power, strength? I think using a ring if you aren't Sauron is just a meme and even for him it doesn't work properly he still got defeated. Ring is just a meme.

Anyway check out this black person I found in Return of the King.

>tis a strange fate we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing

>such a little thing

Isildor wanted to be hidden, and so he was

>it kind of amplifies your... power, strength
exactly. thats why they wanted Frodo to carry it, he was the biggest pussy of the pussiest race and rind had little influence on him. if Gandalf took it, he'd become a fucking murder machiine capapble of taking on entire armies single handily because he knew magic and was powerful on his own

He looks more Polynesian than black

>that moment when Gandalf has the letter containing the ring and when he has it using the fire tongs.
Why didn't he go ape then?

Is it only the extended fellowship blu ray that has this problem?
Why didn't he just eat the ring?

>The Lady of the Wood gets the ring and creates a race of uber elves that holocaust Mordor

he was one of the most powerful beings in middle earth with great willpowr, only touched it for a second through tongs with the sole intention of giving it away to Frodo and even then it was hard for him to let it go. if his willpower was wekar or he took it in his hand insted of through the tool he wouldn't be able to let it go.

she even says that thats what would happen when she took it

>he was the biggest pussy of the pussiest race
Absolute fucking state of you

too much lembas bread

New plan, put the ring in an unopenable box that Gandalf makes, no one would be tempted cause they wouldn't get access to it and then throw it into mount doom and destroy it there. dont even tell the fellowship what it is just say it needs to be destroyed and the trilogy would be over in like a week instead of the course of months the movies take place in

stop saying stupid shit. He used the fucking tongs because the ring was in a fucking fire. I'd like to see you reach the ring which is sitting in a fire. He didn't want to get burned, that's all

he had strong willpower, but he was not powerful even compared to powerful humans like Aragorn or Boromir, not to mention maya or elves. he never knew how to fight, wage war or how could one use force and magic to take down Sauron, so his thoughts and intentions could not be corrupted by the ring in the same way that ones of a really powerful being could be

the ring was cool and Gandalf did not give a shit about high temperature, he was able to take on a fucking balrog in meele. read the book scrub, he literally says there what I said

>no one would be tempted

Why? Because it's in an "unopenable" box?

You're treating the characters, including the Ring itself, like idiots.

Easy solution, get Frodo to use the tongues and then no temptation by Gandalf.
You really think Gandalf who fell with a balrog made of fire would be harmed by a fireplace

>I-I don't even want the shitty fucking ring anyway bro

>guarian of the flame of Udun, bearer or the Narya the Great Ring of Fire
>afraid of a little fireplace

ring would use the curiosity of people tasked with guarding the box to make them open it and see for themselves what was locked inside? there is no such thing as unopenable box

>Obviously it can't make you just invisible, so I guess it kind of amplifies your... power, strength
It makes you invisible because it pulls you into the wraith world. That's why the Nazgul can see you if you wear it. An elf or Maia wearing it probably wouldn't turn invisible, because they already have 'visible' spirits (Glorfindel makes the Nazgul shit themselves when he turns up in Fellowship).
If you have a strong enough will you can use the ring for your own purposes and not Sauron's. One of the more powerful elves or Gandalf/Saruman could probably do it.
The problem is, it would make you think you are strong enough to do it even if you aren't. For example, Sam has delusions of claiming the ring and turning Mordor into a huge garden when he wears it

>guarian of the flame of Udun, bearer or the Narya the Great Ring of Fire
>lacking reading comprehension
Narya isn't a literal fire ring. He was given it to 'light fire in the hearts of men', not literally command fire. And the flame of Udun is to do with the light of God, again not a literal flame

I'm starving, we've got nothing but shitty logic for 3 stinking days

>he didn't get the poorly seeded Theatrical Cut in HD torrent instead
Sad! Torrent is probably dead by now.

of course Narya did not make him a literal fire balle mage, but it was not named after an element just for shits and giggles either. how do you think he was able to make best fireworks in middle earth? it was one of the effects of this ring as well

literally what is the difference

t. blind person

Did you forget that he was already a ring bearer? It would have been worse for him since the ring was designed to corrupt the ring bearers as it did with the Nazgul.

weak willed ring bearers. Nazgul were humans, Gandalf was mayar. also Sauron and by extension the One Ring had no power over the Three Rings because those were the only ones he never even touched. they literally say that in both the movies and the book

Reddit: the shot

explain

>‘Strange indeed,’ said Legolas. ‘In that hour I looked on Aragorn and thought how great and terrible a Lord he might have become in the strength of his will, had he taken the Ring to himself. Not for naught does Mordor fear him. But nobler is his spirit than the understanding of Sauron; for is he not of the children of Lúthien? Never shall that line fail, though the years may lengthen beyond count.’

You really don't notice the unnecessary colour grading all that much. Definitely one of the scenes where it wasn't needed whatsoever though.

So it's completely useless to anyone but elfs and powerful wizards? Did Gandalf know about it, couldn't he just explain it to Boromir and others that it will do nada to Gondor and men besides warp you into wraith world and trigger the eye, alerting him to your exact location? It's still would fuck Boromir's brain during the journey, no doubt but at least if he knew that they can't use it anyway, he wouldn't try to steal it from Frodo, that's some important PSA that Gandalf and Elrond concealed from them on a meeting. Or did it happen in the book, and they just went "Yeah, right you just don't want us to have all this power!"

return of the kang

that great feeling when you finally find a 1080p version of the unedited version

didnt they use a giant ring in this shot

Boromir could have used it, he'd become a powerful warrior and general then, undefeatable in combat and military genius inspiring courage in his people. see

so why didn't Sauron just use were-worms to breach Helm's deep?

Because they took were-worms to Isengard